***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,874,471 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bullard21k said:

How about big props to urquidy.

Wasn't lights out but ate nearly 3 desperate innings. If he couldn't have given us those we don't bridge to Harris or osuna and are out of pitching by the 8th

(Rondon doesn't even count)

Add that he came in after Presley was hurt. Someone that could go a couple of innings was huge.
fullback44
AG
Anyone know exactly where Altuves HR hit the wall... I can't see how high up it hit but it looked way the F up there
suburban cowboy
AG
fullback44 said:

Anyone know exactly where Altuves HR hit the wall... I can't see how high up it hit but it looked way the F up there

To the right of the Crawford bock sign
Nino Brown
After watching it again, the one Yuli turned on to give us a 3-0 lead was amazing
. . .
Bregxit
AG
jkag89 said:

I'd rather it not have gone to the bottom of the 9th but there is something to say about giving Damn Yankee fans hope then ripping their hearts out and stomping on it.

See Jomboy's reaction video
TREX01
Tuve is hands down the best Astro of all time. There is no argument to be had.
fullback44
AG
suburban cowboy said:

fullback44 said:

To the right of the Crawford bock sign
Thanks
AggiEE
Anyone hear about how Pressly is doing?

He was walking around post game like his knee was no big deal. Did he just tweak something temporarily?
8T2
Goat Man said:

CFTXAG10 said:

It's floating around everywhere so Ill drop it here:

Is Jose Altuve the greatest Astro of all time?
Yes and it's not close
Yeah, it really isn't close at all. None of the oldtimers put us in the World Series. Jose does.
aggiederelict
My wife is from NYC and a Yankees fan. How sweet it is!!!!!
Kashchei
AG
AggiEE said:

He was walking around post game like his knee was no big deal. Did he just tweak something temporarily?

A few pages back during his postgame interview he said it was just scar tissue coming loose. Should be good to go for the WS.
agproducer
AG
agproducer said:

Frok said:

agproducer said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Still Baggy or Biggio. Altuve plays out the rest of his contract here, hands down he is the best Astro of all time.

There is no doubt about it that Altuve is the greatest Astro of all tiME.

Altuve is tracking to be the best. But, statistically, he's not there yet, IMO.

Altuve had made it to two WS. Bagwell got to one.

Altuve has .315, 128 HRs, 299 2Bs, 538 RBI, .827 OPSover 9 years. He also has an MVP.

Baggy also has an MVP. Career numbers over 15 years are .297, 449 HR, 488 2Bs, 1529 RBI, .948 OPS.

So, if Jose has longevity, he is the best.
PhatMack19
AG
PhatMack19 said:

I went to buy my kid a new jersey the other day. The only ones left in his size were Altuve & Correa. He asked for Correa and I told him no. When he asked why, I said because he gets hurt getting massages and probably won't be on the team after next year. We got the Altuve jersey.

When I woke him up this morning and showed him the video from last night, the first thing he said was, "You should have let me get the Correa jersey." My 6 yr old got me this morning....

Wait until that little **** wakes up. I'm going to get him back. Dad is always right!
fullback44
AG
That's good news.. we may need everyone again
96ags
AG
Nino Brown said:

After watching it again, the one Yuli turned on to give us a 3-0 lead was amazing

Stupid good.
Like, you shouldn't be able to hit that pitch fair good.

That is the definition of a pitcher's pitch.
Threadbare
DVC2010 said:

Players of the game:
Batter: Altuve
Pitcher: Urquidy
Fielder: Brantley
Pinch hitter: Wangus
Brantley's play was glorious, but it was no bigger than Reddick's.

Reddick absolutely gave up his body; that was game saving.

The double play to end NY's half of the eighth was a thing of beauty...

The Astros team defense in this post-season has been worthy of a WS trip...
AggiEE
Kashchei said:

AggiEE said:

A few pages back during his postgame interview he said it was just scar tissue coming loose. Should be good to go for the WS.

Awesome news. I know he's still not 100%...but even an 80% healthy Pressly is way better than some of our alternatives.

Going to be interesting how Hinch does the WS roster. My guess is it doesn't change at all from the ALCS.
96ags
AG
AggiEE said:

There was a tweet that said it was just scar tissue. He should be good to go.
McInnis
AG
Texas A&M said:

agproducer said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Still Baggy or Biggio. Altuve plays out the rest of his contract here, hands down he is the best Astro of all time.

I love Bagwrll and Biggio, but Altuve's 'clutch-ness' puts him over the top.

I loved those guys too, but they had a combined 4 post-season home runs between them. Altuve now has 13.
agproducer
AG
Loving all the postgame coverage!
TXAG14
How original.

8T2
Mr.Bond said:

HTownAg98 said:

This will be the first decade since 1910 that the Yankees won't be in the World Series. The Astros took them out three times.

2 you mean?
2015 as well.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
PhatMack19 said:

PhatMack19 said:

I went to buy my kid a new jersey the other day. The only ones left in his size were Altuve & Correa. He asked for Correa and I told him no. When he asked why, I said because he gets hurt getting massages and probably won't be on the team after next year. We got the Altuve jersey.

When I woke him up this morning and showed him the video from last night, the first thing he said was, "You should have let me get the Correa jersey." My 6 yr old got me this morning....

Wait until that little **** wakes up. I'm going to get him back. Dad is always right!

I fkn love this
Philip J Fry
AG
96ags said:

AggiEE said:

There was a tweet that said it was just scar tissue. He should be good to go.

Isn't loosening the scar tissue a good thing?
DVC2010
AG
Mr.Bond said:

HTownAg98 said:

This will be the first decade since 1910 that the Yankees won't be in the World Series. The Astros took them out three times.

2 you mean?

Want to know how I can tell you got here on the bandwagon?
Liquid Wrench
agproducer said:

Loving all the postgame coverage!
I'm still wide awake, sober, listening to the drunk calls into the 10th Inning show. Fantastic.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

In case anyone forgot what happened in the first game of spring training
. . .
DVC2010
AG
That kid is going to fit right in at Yankee Stadium when he's old enough to buy tickets.
AggiEE
Kind of feels like we won the WS tonight.

I'm not nearly as terrified about the Nats....and by winning tonight, we preserve our starting 1-2-3 against Washington on Tuesday, give our guys some rest (but not enough to where they get cold).

Hoping we have some new heros in the next series though. I feel Yordan will turn it around and Bregman will light it up...and if 2017 is anything to go by, Springer will be on fire.
AggieMD95
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

In case anyone forgot what happened in the first game of spring training

Interesting tidbit
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
Can't blue star this enough
PoppaB05
AG
I just want to say that was nerve wracking and a hell of a lot of fun. I know it sucks that Osuna gave up the HR but he made some good pitches that AB and got beat. The biggest thing was he recovered and struck out Judge and then got Torres to hand it over as a tie game to the offense and not behind. That was huge.
Big Al 1992
AG
Checked out of social media and texts and TexAgs in the 9th. Was counting down outs in my head -
Careful not to spoil anything.

I had game 7 tix so was making plans for that.

Ever since the Altuve Bomb have been drinking Knob Creek and celebrating. Put in the ski goggles and Popped champagne with the neighbors. Just now checking here. It's gonna be a late night. Still lots of post game to watch and get ready for Tuesday.

I'm so delighted. It's been a great ride with you all and we're not done yet!
First Page Last Page
Page 1674 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.