***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,776,446 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by PSully97
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

Forgiven_Ag said:

I have a feeling this is the last post season we hear about Judge. Tankees are getting restless because he isn't Reggie Jackson. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him traded
Is Aaron Judge one of the biggest underperformers in the post-season ever?
A Rod would like a word about biggest under performer.


As far as Judge, he is making $680k and under team control for a few more years, no way they trade him for more salary.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

just noticed Marisnick is 7-21 + 4 walks vs Paxton. OBP is .440.

Reddick is 0-7 with two walks.

Jake started game 2 for a reason.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I've learned that trolling fangraphs is incredibly easy. For some reason, it's extremely satisfying getting their readers all worked up. Because if you try to have rational discussion that disagrees with their genius writers, you get shamed and downvoted.

A couple weeks ago, one of their writers literally made up a stat talking about Verlander. I couldn't find anything on it anywhere on the internet. I called it out as a useless stat and posted what stats I thought better explained what the author was getting at. I got 11 downvotes within 10 minutes.

The stat was called K%+. This newly made up stat equates a pitcher's strikeouts to his league as a way to compare his strikeout % to previous players in previous years.. So this year, Verlanders 35% strikeout rate apparently equates to a 156 K%+.. apparanelty he's 56% better than average. They then used that to say that his season is 49th all time for strikeout %.

I pointed out that this trash statistic doesn't account for the difference in quality of pitchers in different years, quality of batters between years, or injuries. My method would have been to list respective SO%'s next to weak contact%, BABIP, and batting average against to show a more true story of how each pitcher did against their opponents. Downvoted again.

So now I just troll.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
youre right. I forgot about that. Good point. I bet he starts tonight.


I am very low on Marisnick as a hitter obviously. But I felt so bad for him in 2017. Would be really cool if he got a big hit tonight to propel us back to the WS.
Eso si, Que es
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazag08 said:

So I've learned that trolling fangraphs is incredibly easy. For some reason, it's extremely satisfying getting their readers all worked up. Because if you try to have rational discussion that disagrees with their genius writers, you get shamed and downvoted.

A couple weeks ago, one of their writers literally made up a stat talking about Verlander. I couldn't find anything on it anywhere on the internet. I called it out as a useless stat and posted what stats I thought better explained what the author was getting at. I got 11 downvotes within 10 minutes.

The stat was called K%+. This newly made up stat equates a pitcher's strikeouts to his league as a way to compare his strikeout % to previous players in previous years.. So this year, Verlanders 35% strikeout rate apparently equates to a 156 K%+.. apparanelty he's 56% better than average. They then used that to say that his season is 49th all time for strikeout %.

I pointed out that this trash statistic doesn't account for the difference in quality of pitchers in different years, quality of batters between years, or injuries. My method would have been to list respective SO%'s next to weak contact%, BABIP, and batting average against to show a more true story of how each pitcher did against their opponents. Downvoted again.

So now I just troll.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

youre right. I forgot about that. Good point. I bet he starts tonight.


I am very low on Marisnick as a hitter obviously. But I felt so bad for him in 2017. Would be really cool if he got a big hit tonight to propel us back to the WS.
If I'm Hinch, I don't mess with the lineup. Save Marisnick. Once Paxton is out, they'll pinch hit for him and he's off the table for late-inning defense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

gigemJTH12 said:

youre right. I forgot about that. Good point. I bet he starts tonight.


I am very low on Marisnick as a hitter obviously. But I felt so bad for him in 2017. Would be really cool if he got a big hit tonight to propel us back to the WS.
If I'm Hinch, I don't mess with the lineup. Save Marisnick. Once Paxton is out, they'll pinch hit for him and he's off the table for late-inning defense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Agreed. Let Reddick start, tell hitters to run Paxton before Reddick bats. Problem solved
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
switching below average batters for matchups is what isnt broke and what you shouldnt try and fix.

this isnt like saying bench alvarez or yuli.

its part of the game and something hinch does every single day.

agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

gigemJTH12 said:

youre right. I forgot about that. Good point. I bet he starts tonight.


I am very low on Marisnick as a hitter obviously. But I felt so bad for him in 2017. Would be really cool if he got a big hit tonight to propel us back to the WS.
If I'm Hinch, I don't mess with the lineup. Save Marisnick. Once Paxton is out, they'll pinch hit for him and he's off the table for late-inning defense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.


I feel like if I'm Hinch, I let Hinch be Hinch, because Hinch has earned it! Managed circles around Boone.

Short of hinch putting Maldonado in right field, he has my support.

Wizard Gif
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I feel like if I'm Hinch, I let Hinch be Hinch, because Hinch has earned it!


Is this how Hinch preps before games
rgt99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a feeling the Stros smell the blood in the water and the Yankees are lost. I think they will play oose. And will win 7-1
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About to leave work. My liver is going to feel like Robbie's arm by game time, but no doubt I'll have several brilliant thoughts to share...

And in case any of you youngsters never heard Cliff Clavin's theory from Cheers:

"WELL YA SEE, NORM, IT'S LIKE THIS A HERD OF BUFFALO CAN ONLY MOVE AS FAST AS THE SLOWEST BUFFALO. AND WHEN THE HERD IS HUNTED, IT IS THE SLOWEST AND WEAKEST ONES AT THE BACK THAT ARE KILLED FIRST. THIS NATURAL SELECTION IS GOOD FOR THE HERD AS A WHOLE, BECAUSE THE GENERAL SPEED AND HEALTH OF THE WHOLE GROUP KEEPS IMPROVING BY THE REGULAR KILLING OF THE WEAKEST MEMBERS.IN MUCH THE SAME WAY, THE HUMAN BRAIN CAN ONLY OPERATE AS FAST AS THE SLOWEST BRAIN CELLS. EXCESSIVE INTAKE OF ALCOHOL, AS WE KNOW, KILLS BRAIN CELLS. BUT NATURALLY IT ATTACKS THE SLOWEST AND WEAKEST BRAIN CELLS FIRST. IN THIS WAY, REGULAR CONSUMPTION OF BEER ELIMINATES THE WEAKER BRAIN CELLS, MAKING THE BRAIN A FASTER AND MORE EFFICIENT MACHINE. THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS FEEL SMARTER AFTER A FEW BEERS."


agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a feeling we are going to see a big game by Yuli tonight. He's been making solid contact with not a lot to show for it. I think he goes 2 for 4, 1 HR, 1 2B and 4 RBI.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This rivals the previous Tucker heavy lineup in posting quality
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I say we step on their throats tonight and FEAST!
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just ready for the Cuban missile crisis to come to an end
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/mlb-floats-proposal-that-would-eliminate-42-minor-league-teams/
"They are going to fear when that helmet comes into town, because hell is coming with it."
Jimbo Fisher
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

I say we step on their throats tonight and FEAST!
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JV with a message to the Yankees with his morning coffee

Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think Paxton can handle the pressure in an elimination game and the good guys jump his ass.

JV smells blood in the water and balls out to the tune of 8.1 IP 12 Ks 1 Run

Good Guys advance with a final score of 6-1
willie wonka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Not all current full-season teams would survive in this proposal. Some short-season clubs would be asked to move up to take the place of excised full-season affiliates. The proposal even suggests that a pair of independent league clubsin St. Paul, Minn., and Sugar Land, Texaswould both be brought into affiliated ball.


Wouldn't suck.
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PhatMack19 said:

JV with a message to the Yankees with his morning coffee




Double F U to them with morning face reddened from some Kate slap bags to the face
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paxton didn't pitch well vs Minny and he got yanked early because he didn't look good vs us. Odds are he's not going to shut us down. And if they go to the well (bullpen) again early then its nothing we haven't seen before.

Ottavino 4x
Britton 3x
Green 3x
Kahnle 3x
Loaisiga 3x
Chapman 1x (I guess they're saving the best for the offseason)
Lyons 1x

Plus we have this guy.

bodaciousbood14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't think Paxton can handle the pressure in an elimination game and the good guys jump his ass.

JV smells blood in the water and balls out to the tune of 8.1 IP 12 Ks 1 Run

Good Guys advance with a final score of 6-1
Paxton looks like he's one wrong look away from an ugly cry.
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:


How'd I be if Kate stripped in front of me in a hotel room.
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orange jerseys tonight as a reminder to the Yankees that last time Astros wore them this deep in the playoffs we won the whole dang thing?
Shenaniganz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I'm going to say is that with JV on the mound, tonight ebing a possible series clinching game, we need lots and LOTS of rally Kate. I'm talking gifs, pics, movies, whatever you all can muster. Take a ban if needed! (JK please no one go that far!) but we will need AS MUCH RALLY KATE AS POSSIBLE!
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

just noticed Marisnick is 7-21 + 4 walks vs Paxton. OBP is .440.

Reddick is 0-7 with two walks.

Jake started game 2 for a reason.


And did nothing that game offensively
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jimbos Cow said:

All I'm going to say is that with JV on the mound, tonight ebing a possible series clinching game, we need lots and LOTS of rally Kate. I'm talking gifs, pics, movies, whatever you all can muster. Take a ban if needed! (JK please no one go that far!) but we will need AS MUCH RALLY KATE AS POSSIBLE!
No better time than the present....

Eso si, Que es
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimbos Cow said:

All I'm going to say is that with JV on the mound, tonight ebing a possible series clinching game, we need lots and LOTS of rally Kate. I'm talking gifs, pics, movies, whatever you all can muster. Take a ban if needed! (JK please no one go that far!) but we will need AS MUCH RALLY KATE AS POSSIBLE!
I am sure this is an unpopular opinion, but just go beat off to porn hub or something. Porn doesn't really make us perform better and it is annoying AF to have to scroll through the thread with people around thinking I am some kind of perv.

I can give off the perv vibe on my own without porn cluttering the thread.
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like a personal problem...

Bring on moar rally kate!!!
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Jimbos Cow said:

All I'm going to say is that with JV on the mound, tonight ebing a possible series clinching game, we need lots and LOTS of rally Kate. I'm talking gifs, pics, movies, whatever you all can muster. Take a ban if needed! (JK please no one go that far!) but we will need AS MUCH RALLY KATE AS POSSIBLE!
I am sure this is an unpopular opinion, but just go beat off to porn hub or something. Porn doesn't really make us perform better and it is annoying AF to have to scroll through the thread with people around thinking I am some kind of perv.

I can give off the perv vibe on my own without porn cluttering the thread.

I won't go so far as to agree with you, but I do exercise extreme caution when scrolling this thread with the wife nearby.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Jimbos Cow said:

All I'm going to say is that with JV on the mound, tonight ebing a possible series clinching game, we need lots and LOTS of rally Kate. I'm talking gifs, pics, movies, whatever you all can muster. Take a ban if needed! (JK please no one go that far!) but we will need AS MUCH RALLY KATE AS POSSIBLE!
I am sure this is an unpopular opinion, but just go beat off to porn hub or something. Porn doesn't really make us perform better and it is annoying AF to have to scroll through the thread with people around thinking I am some kind of perv.

I can give off the perv vibe on my own without porn cluttering the thread.

crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do what I do and actually tell your wife that TexAgs is full of superstitious people and they believe rally Kate works. Cant argue with science.

If she loves you, she'll support the cause
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Farmer1906 said:


How'd I be if 10 seconds after Kate stripped in front of me in a hotel room.