***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,532 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

The strike box was bouncy for some reason and on a few of the bad calls the catchers did some weird stuff, but there were still a few just ridiculous calls.
Wasn't there someone on here posting tweets during the ALDS that showed the umpire's call rate and the +/- calls that favored one team or another?
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

I mentioned it last night but Chirinos had an awful game behind the plate.

That was some of the worst receiving I think I've ever seen by a ML ctacher.

And a question about the mound visits...I thought you weren't charged a mound visit if you got crossed up?
Kind of a rough night for him last night. EE bashed his shoulder with his bat. He took a fastball off the elbow. And got crossed up and took a fastball right in the palm of his glove.

I would say give him tonight off but he's JV's guy, so hopefully he spent alot of time in the cryo chamber last night.
Beerosch
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Beerosch said:

BMX Bandit said:

Further undermining the "Hinch made Astros underdogs in 3 games" theory, the Astros are in fact favorites tonight

Astros are underdogs tonight. Yankees are -130

Not sure where you get your odds from but Bovada has the money line at Astros -150

Yea. They still had last night's odds up and that's what I was looking at.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

What does everyone want to see tomorrow. I'll take ZG with another 6 innings and giving up 3 runs since I believe we will mash 8-3 final.

Yes - I am a wizard.

I'm guessing if you had been able to place that specific bet, the payout would've been phenomenal.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Harry Dunne
Beerosch said:

BMX Bandit said:

Further undermining the "Hinch made Astros underdogs in 3 games" theory, the Astros are in fact favorites tonight

Astros are underdogs tonight. Yankees are -130
Most of you know this, but betting lines are determined by how much money is being wagered on each side at that particular establishment, which doesn't always correspond with who the actual favorite is.

Not to out myself as a degenerate gambler, but right now you can find run lines (point spreads) of up to +1.5 for either team.

And unlike an Alabama vs Middle Tennessee football game or even a JV pitching at MMP vs the Marlins type of matchup where there is a clear and unanimous favorite, who the actual favorite is in a game like this is totally subjective.
MAROON
AG
bobinator said:

The strike box was bouncy for some reason and on a few of the bad calls the catchers did some weird stuff, but there were still a few just ridiculous calls.
I've never seen a worse plate ump in a playoff game. It was atrocious on both sides.

Country Joe, Angel, and CB are all fit and rested for the World Series to prove me wrong though.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
n_touch
Quote:

I've never seen a worse plate ump in a playoff game
Ever watch Joe West behind the plate in a playoff game?
62strat
AG
Nice pair of astro blondes on the third base side of home plate a few rows back last night. One with a stros beanie on.

They player wives? Wasn't Kate.. but the one on right slightly resembled her.
Ags #1
AG
there are rules
bearkatag15
AG

Live look at this guy's reaction the moment Springer went yard
n_touch
Looked like Kate and Amy to me
bodaciousbood14
AG
62strat said:

Nice pair of astro blondes on the third base side of home plate a few rows back last night. One with a stros beanie on.

That was Kate and Amy Cole. Over the RH hitters shoulder when it showed them in the box.
MAROON
AG
Yes. Last night was way worse.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Cromagnum
AG
So what's everyone cooking today in prep for the game? I think for us it will be something easy like burgers. Tomorrow I've got all of college football to contend with and maybe (hopefully not) an Astros game.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
3B Paul 97
AG
512Ag said:

AgDoc03 said:

Is that the guy they kept showing in the stands on the baseline?
https://instagr.am/p/B3vWh-tAN7I

https://instagr.am/p/B3vi_-Lgy58

He was all of us.

Love how the guy to his right has the opposite reaction in those screen shots.
CoachRTM
AG
bobinator said:

Last night was the first time I could see the camera shaking because of the wind.... and the strike zone looks like it is "imprinted" on the camera, because the strike zone would move with the camera when it shook.
Miles Finch
Ag_07 said:

And a question about the mound visits...I thought you weren't charged a mound visit if you got crossed up?
Mound visits don't count for injuries and changing the pitcher. Cross-ups still count.
Deluxe
AG
Funny that Springer and Correa only have five hits combined this series. But four of those hits were arguably the biggest hits of the series.
Mr President Elect
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

bobinator said:

Wasn't there someone on here posting tweets during the ALDS that showed the umpire's call rate and the +/- calls that favored one team or another?
Wasn't me, but here you go:

crowman2010
AG
willjohnathan said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

bobinator said:

Wasn't me, but here you go:

And those +5 pitches in NY's favor led to extended innings, and I believe 3 less K's for the Astros...way to suck blue
McInnis
AG
They said that George and Carlos now hold the record for teammates homering in the same post season games at 6. Pretty impressive as I can think of another pair of teammates that played in a bunch of WS games who had pretty good power, Yankee related.
Eso si, Que es
bearkatag15 said:

Live look at this guy's reaction the moment Springer went yard
all their heads move to the right at once, priceless.

62strat
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

62strat said:

That was Kate and Amy Cole. Over the RH hitters shoulder when it showed them in the box.
huh..I was thinking to myself it looked like a 'B' rate Kate. Maybe just camera being far away, not focused on them.

Amy looked way better!

Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

We had a lot of arguments early in the season when a lot of folks were ready to anoint him after his hot start and others of us were worried that he had never played a full season before.

He's always been a great hitter for a catcher, is normally great defensively and is very well-liked in the clubhouse. There's a reason a guy like that gets to age 35 and has never been more than a platoon guy. This year we asked a lot of him and I think the wear and tear is starting to show.
3B Paul 97
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

We had a lot of arguments early in the season when a lot of folks were ready to anoint him after his hot start and others of us were worried that he had never played a full season before.

He's always been a great hitter for a catcher, is normally great defensively and is very well-liked in the clubhouse. There's a reason a guy like that gets to age 35 and has never been more than a platoon guy. This year we asked a lot of him and I think the wear and tear is starting to show.

He just got a little crossed up. He hasn't seen that kind of stuff from Pressley in awhile. His blocking of pitches in the dirt has been impeccable.
DriftwoodAg
AG
Miles Finch said:

Ag_07 said:

Mound visits don't count for injuries and changing the pitcher. Cross-ups still count.
the broadcast said you could also have one with a pinch hitter
gigemJTH12
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

what?

you draw all of that from one bad game?

he has been great behind the plate.
Harry Dunne
gigemJTH12 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

what?

you draw all of that from one bad game?

he has been great behind the plate.
No, I'm basing it on the slump he had in July and August where he looked tired it wasn't hitting at all and on the fact that he's not hitting now after reaching his career high in games played.

I agree, he has mostly been great defensively. I should've been more clear about that.
Miles Finch
DriftwoodAg said:

Miles Finch said:

Ag_07 said:

the broadcast said you could also have one with a pinch hitter
I just read that the catcher can request a visit in the event of a cross-up at the umps discretion.

ETA: That's if the team is out of the allotted visits.
PSully97
AG
He could just be slumping at the plate like half of of our team is.
Frok
AG
Chirinos started red hot but settled in to pretty typical career numbers for him.

Career .234 average. He hit .238 this year.

He's got a little pop and will give you the big hit from time to time.
gigemJTH12
AG
yeah if your catcher is solid defensively and is a threat to hit a homer thats really all you can ask for.

anything else is just a bonus.

machete has quietly had a very strong postseason hitting so im glad hes in the lineup tonight.
Wabs
AG
I've got a feeling Breggy is going to have a 3 for 4, 4 RBI game tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 1586 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.