***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,557 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Oh, look at the time. It's officially JV Day!
JDUB08AG
AG
Joe Girardi is a totally different person without AJ Pierzynski sitting next to him.

For anyone watching mlb network
fullback44
AG
I'm upset.. I watched the post game hoping for just one thing to happen and it hasn't so far

Big Pappi "Daaaaaa Jankees Lose"

Gonna have to wait till tmrw
agproducer
AG
MLB Tonight with HR and even Joe Girardi is so much better than the garbage that's on FS1.
Cromagnum
AG
Sad Yankees video from between innings.

cc10106
So much resilience shown by the pitching staff tonight. Greinke had a slow start but never faltered and showed why he was traded for on one of the biggest stages in sports. Save the meltdowns, folks, or atleast give him a chance before melting, especially in a very tough situation.
agproducer
AG
Side comment: I love how Robert Flores on MLB Network always reps the 'Stros. He's the only national broadcaster I know if that openly is an Astros fan.
Bregxit
AG
Cromagnum said:

aTm2004 said:

Omg.

bearkatag15
AG

Classic ZG
bearkatag15
AG
Swag Correa

W
AG
another great win tonight.

Osuna has been really good in the playoffs.

will be funny if the Rays turn out to be the Astros' strongest competition in this postseason
W
AG
JV pitching to close out the series and perhaps the ALCS MVP award as well in Game 5
W
AG
one note about the Yankees...

2019 is their 15th playoff appearance of this century (2001-to-present). But NYY has only won 1 title (2009).

they get beat a lot in the playoffs despite their reputation, hype, aura, and everything else
MrAbyss
Cromagnum said:

Sad Yankees video from between innings.

Should be POTD
http://fav.me/d8rz3vv
BMX Bandit
for posterity:

EastCoastAgN
Grienke might be this year's Carlos Gomez trade for Lunhow...what a waste of prospect capital.

HossAg
Worst ****ing trade we've ever ****ing made

annie88
He has sucked out in the other two playoff games why the **** did we put him in tonight?
ClickClack
AG
Leaving now from Boston to the Bronx for hopefully an ALCS clinching game 5. Take it back!
Wabs
AG
ESPN front page; "Yankees playing their worst baseball at the worst possible time"

Ummm, maybe it has something to do with playing the best team in baseball - who by the way are not playing even near as good as they can.....
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

ESPN front page; "Yankees playing their worst baseball at the worst possible time"

Ummm, maybe it has something to do with playing the best team in baseball - who by the way are not playing even near as good as they can.....

Don't care, got Justin.

And yes, our offense is forcing them to press and when you do that chances of mistakes increase.

I tell you what though, Correa sits out the playoffs, like one idiot wanted, and we're 2-2 and maybe 1-3 right now.
BMX Bandit
Wabs said:

did you read anything past the headline?

of course, the astros are great. but come on, yankees. Four errors? no key hits? few signs of life? you're better than that.

and the article itself is spot on.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

tell you what though, Correa sits out the playoffs, like one idiot wanted, and we're 2-2 and maybe 1-3 right now.
mazag08
ATM9000
AG
You read this whole thread and the emotional swings based on a single game similar to Aggie Football is absolutely hilarious. I don't know how people who think that way can stand to ever watch a game like baseball and be happy.
Ag_07
AG
You guys need to just give it up with the whole 'The media hates us!!' schtick.

You're just looking for every little bitty headline, every comment made by the guys in the booth, or any person who doesn't drop the their knees to suck us off. It's gotten so bad I kinda think some of you want it be that way.

So frustrating to see a fanbase with such a legit team that's such a joy to watch whine over stupid stuff like that.
redline248
AG
Allowing runs is the 1st inning is apocalyptic. Just like missing a TD throw on the opening drive.

gigemJTH12
AG
Ag_07 said:

You guys need to just give it up with the whole 'The media hates us!!' schtick.

You're just looking for every little bitty headline, every comment made by the guys in the booth, or any person who doesn't drop the their knees to suck us off. It's gotten so bad I kinda think some of you want it be that way.

So frustrating to see a fanbase with such a legit team that's such a joy to watch whine over stupid stuff like that.

agree. half the people on my facebook post more about Joe Buck than the effing team. We get plenty of praise.

shut up.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Prosperdick said:

Wabs said:

Don't care, got Justin.

And yes, our offense is forcing them to press and when you do that chances of mistakes increase.

I tell you what though, Correa sits out the playoffs, like one multiple idiots wanted, and we're 2-2 and maybe 1-3 right now.
FIFY
96ags
AG
The ability of Presley and James to minimize bad situations was the big difference maker in this game and very likely this series.
spadilly
S
Quote:

Astros bench coach Joe Espada has been linked to another managerial opening, as MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports (Twitter link) that the Giants have asked the Astros for permission to speak to Espada. This will mark the third team who has put Espada on their radar this offseason, as he has already interviewed with the Cubs and received some consideration from the Angels before Los Angeles hired Joe Maddon. At least three more teams (the Blue Jays, Orioles, and Rangers) all considered Espada for managerial vacancies last offseason, as well.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/al-west-notes-espada-rendon-athletics.html
BMX Bandit
Further undermining the "Hinch made Astros underdogs in 3 games" theory, the Astros are in fact favorites tonight
Prosperdick
AG
spadilly said:

Quote:

Astros bench coach Joe Espada has been linked to another managerial opening, as MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports (Twitter link) that the Giants have asked the Astros for permission to speak to Espada. This will mark the third team who has put Espada on their radar this offseason, as he has already interviewed with the Cubs and received some consideration from the Angels before Los Angeles hired Joe Maddon. At least three more teams (the Blue Jays, Orioles, and Rangers) all considered Espada for managerial vacancies last offseason, as well.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/al-west-notes-espada-rendon-athletics.html
Another comparison to 2017....I like it!!!

Also, at least now we can stop with the Cole on short rest talk. Even if we lose tonight I'm sure Hinch goes with Jose on Saturday and if we haven't killed the cock roaches by then we call in Cole to exterminate on Sunday.

Here's to hoping we close them out tonight, have Cole and Justin on regular rest games 1 and 2 and Grienke hitting a bomb in DC game 3!
gigemJTH12
AG
some thoughts:

• where is the tucker fan boy? Guess who was on base for the springer homer? Reddick.
  • Hinch is kicking the **** out of boone. And boone doesnt handle adversity like Hinch. He looks like a scared little boy in that dugout
  • Pressley...wow. What a spot. What a huge moment for him moving forward.
  • The bullpen in general has been unbelievable. Against an all time great offense. Just unreal. Osuna in particular looks like a totally different guy. Pumping 98 and locating every pitch. And Will Harris...wow.
  • we really havent even busted out yet. A couple big homers and some cheap runs on errors last night. They keep talking about how bad the yanks have been with RISP but we have been equally as bad..or really just unlucky hitting balls right at them.
  • Yuli will find a hole eventually. And he has turned into a truly elite first baseman. He is so good.
  • Lastly...I am so sick of the Army dude Linkedin commercial.
iBrad
AG
Springer only has two hits this series; a game tying solo home run in game two and a go ahead three-run shot in game four.

Correa has three; a go ahead run scoring double in game two, a walk off home run in game two, and a tack on three-run bomb in game four.

The hits have been few, but the magnitude huge. Both of those guys have to be in the MVP discussion right now, because we'd be down 1-3 without them. Has anyone ever hit below .200 in a series and won MVP (not including pitchers, obviously)?

If Correa goes 1-4 tonight with another big go ahead or game clinching run-scoring hit, he will have only hit .190 for the series, but how could you not give him MVP?
gigemJTH12
AG
Probably depends how 35 pitches. if he has a gem he it will be close between him and Correa.
Mathguy64
AG
I can't stop laughing. Steve Phillips on MLB Radio just proclaimed that the Yankees will win tonight, win the pen game in game 6 and take the momentum and beat Cole in 7. Poor Eduardo Perez is choking on air.
gigemJTH12
AG
mathguy86 said:

I can't stop laughing. Steve Phillips on MLB Radio just proclaimed that the Yankees will win tonight, win the pen game in game 6 and take the momentum and beat Cole in 7. Poor Eduardo Perez is choking on air.
thats not unreasonable. If they beat Verlander they would carry a lot of momentum into game 6 which wouldn't have our best asset featured(dominant starting pitching).

We need to win tonight.
Ag_07
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

mathguy86 said:

thats not unreasonable.

Yes it is

It's not impossible but it is unreasonable
First Page Last Page
Page 1583 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.