***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,916,831 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has the chance to purchase an extra, I'm looking to buy one SRO to any home game. Just wanting to get in the door and see a WS game in person.
BMX Bandit
Gator03 said:

Games 4, 5, and 6.
Where are you seeing Astros are underdog in Game 6?

jetch17
AG
spadilly said:

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has the chance to purchase an extra, I'm looking to buy one SRO to any home game. Just wanting to get in the door and see a WS game in person.
Im the same for a potential game 6 or 7 deciding game in Houston. otherwise ill just keep an eye on flights to DC if its gonna wrap up sooner
Serotonin
AG
It's not posted yet but I assume Yankees will be favorites in bullpen game. Maybe I'm wrong on that. If Astros are favored due to home field then that would undermine the logic.
Beat40
digging tunnels said:

I've been trying to confirm this stat, but I heard on XM that Tanaka's 1.32 ERA in the playoffs is 3rd best all time (min 40 innings pitched)

I believe the stat is true. Think they showed it in Game 1. He's there more talented Brandon Backe.
BMX Bandit
Gator03 said:

It's not posted yet but I assume Yankees will be favorites in bullpen game. Maybe I'm wrong on that. If Astros are favored due to home field then that would undermine the logic.
The Astros will be favored saturday. They were a home underdog 1 time all year, and that was to Chris Sale in May.

So by pitching Verlander in Game 5, Hinch made Astros an "underdog" in 2 of the 3 games, which is the same as it would have been if Verlander pitched Game 6.

Serotonin
AG
If that's the case then the move makes complete sense. I've learned to trust hinch. I didn't like Reddick in the lineup two days ago and I was proven wrong again.
Max Power
AG
I think Greinke can pull through, but we need to get on the board early, bats need to wake up and give him some run support. His last outing we had all of 3 hits in the entire game, after 6 innings we were only down 3-0, which is not an insurmountable figure considering the bats we have...in a hitters park. The TB start was a disaster, I get that, but the game before he almost had a no hitter, and too must rest till his next start. I also didn't agree with Hinch leaving him in as long as he did, he didn't look right or even remotely comfortable out there, should have made a move early.

I think run support in the first two innings will be key for Greinke, if we can get some runs up there early we can make it happen. I also think if we score off Tanaka early he's going to fold. His regular season ERA was 4.45 with a 11-9 record. He's been outstanding his two playoff starts this year, but pressure will be on him tonight, night game in Yankee Stadium in October to either pull to 2-2 or go down 1-3. Yankee bats were huge against Minnesota early in his win.

Let's go boys, need to help Greinke get that W in the Bronx.
bearkatag15
AG
Lots of Astros being accused of cheating/sign stealing on the radio today. This tweet had me rolling

BMX Bandit
Gator03 said:

If that's the case then the move makes complete sense. I've learned to trust hinch. I didn't like Reddick in the lineup two days ago and I was proven wrong again.
no offense, but the Vegas odds have nothing to do with the decision making process on this.
Frok
AG
Pumped about tonight. I think Hinch going aggressive will be a good thing. It's like when Bill O'Brien went for it on 4th down this past Sunday instead of kicking a field goal. Go for it.
Serotonin
AG
Sure, it's just a proxy for an expected outcome based on the data available, which the Astros have at hand.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
TAKE IT BACK
Andyzipp
AG
Cromagnum said:

I'm sure its tarped and can be squeegeed but its rained a ton up there. I hope the field isn't a mudpit.
Squeegeed? Do you think a pro stadium built in 2009 doesn't have a state of the art drainage system for the field?

For the record, the stadium is equipped with a drainage system that makes the field playable an hour after taking 2 inches (51 mm) of rain
Charlie Conway
taking 2 inches you say?
Andyzipp
AG
Charlie Conway said:

taking 2 inches you say?
My wife stopped complaining years ago.
suburban cowboy
AG
We are going Tanaka'it out of the park today
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Charlie Conway said:

taking 2 inches you say?

BrokeAssAggie
suburban cowboy said:

We are going Tanaka'it out of the park today
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Lots of Astros being accused of cheating/sign stealing on the radio today. This tweet had me rolling

Maybe this is how we troll our rookies. Maybe we told Tucker that the tip for "hanging slider down the middle" was the actual tip for "really really high fastball"
tjack16
AG
any astros fans at Yankee Stadium tonight... y'all should bring a sign that says "my other sign got stolen"
JYDog90
AG
Deluxe said:

bearkatag15 said:

Maybe this is how we troll our rookies. Maybe we told Tucker that the tip for "hanging slider down the middle" was the actual tip for "really really high fastball"

Or maybe Bergman's Spanish isn't as good as he thought it was.
Formerly Willy Wonka
TXAG14
Cold weather game. Perfect time for the bats to heat up.

Wisconsin_Ag
https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/yankees-very-angry-over-astros-sketchy-alcs-whistling/

What a bunch of whiney d-bags. "Whistling to the batters"???? Banging out codes on dugout pipes"????
They just acknowledged that the Stros are in their heads. They need to step it up a notch. Start tapping on the dugout railing. Everyone in dugout starts coughing in unison. Everyone whistling the same tune then change the tune after each pitch. If there is a runner on second have him scratch himself in a different place before each pitch.

Just STFU Chankees and play baseball!!
Deluxe
AG
Wisconsin_Ag said:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/yankees-very-angry-over-astros-sketchy-alcs-whistling/

What a bunch of whiney d-bags. "Whistling to the batters"???? Banging out codes on dugout pipes"????
They just acknowledged that the Stros are in their heads. They need to step it up a notch. Start tapping on the dugout railing. Everyone in dugout starts coughing in unison. Everyone whistling the same tune then change the tune after each pitch. If there is a runner on second have him scratch himself in a different place before each pitch.

Just STFU Chankees and play baseball!!

The NY Post is kinda tabloidy and publishes stuff just to get a rise out of people. But I do think it's awesome how bad we're in their heads though, to the extent that they're already laying the framework to make excuses if we beat them.

And I 100% think that we use the paranoia to our advantage and occasionally fake that we have a tip on someone to force a pitching change.
BrokeAssAggie
Wind is going to be blowing hard out of the West. I am guessing we will see lots of runs tonight.
Aggie1391
Frok
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Wind is going to be blowing hard out of the West. I am guessing we will see lots of runs tonight.

That means blowing out toward right field right?

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Note: if you are buying tickets today and have access to ANYTHING that you don't want for any reason, please buy them and sell them to me...
BrokeAssAggie
Frok said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

That means blowing out toward right field right?

I would think so, right and right center, but wind always swirls around in ball parks

bearkatag15
AG

The way the wind arrow is pointing here makes it look like the wind will be blowing directly across the outfield from left center field to the right field foul area.
DVC2010
AG
Season ticket holder presale was ridiculous. I couldn't get even a pair of seats anywhere lower than the 400-level.
EagleAg19
Almost thought this was an Aggie football game

First Page Last Page
Page 1508 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.