***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,901,912 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Nobody Knows My Name
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WelchAg said:

We have good players. We also have smart players. Our team is baseball intelligent. Wins you games like this. Altuve hit and run the springer waving Altuve to take third while he gets in a run down. That was HUGE.

Hinch said due to the break, he got to go over that scenario with them right before it happened. It was executed nicely. More props for Hinch!
threeanout
AG
Wonder what the TV networks will do for Game 5 if we get rained out tomorrow? No more NLCS games to broadcast. Will they make them play at night and then fly to Houston for a Saturday game?
Buck Compton
AG
Marvin said:

Didn't get selected for the WS ticket lotto. If any of you were selected but decide not to go, please send me a PM. I'll front the cash and pay for your time to sit in the queue.
Same, I'll pay.

Except I haven't received any email yet. Checked Spam and everything. Got my alds denial and my alcs acceptance just fine.
strohag
AG
Supposedly if we are rained out there will be 4 straight games with no day off for travel.
Farmer1906
AG
Did y'all get an email saying you were not selected or just no email?
tjack16
AG
I have yet to receive an email
lead
lead said:

EagleAg19 said:

I didn't drink all game and decided I needed a big ole swig of whiskey before the Correa walk-off. Guess I'll be an alcoholic by the end of this run
no drinks were working for me so I went sober and had to resort to chronic dipping. T&P for my mouth.

Ok, so two games now with no drinks. I'm very conflicted.
Prosperdick
AG
I said it a few days ago and I'll say it again, this had a Red Sox 2018 feel to it. They were completely dejected after losing game 1 to us and then reeled off 4 in a row. We're halfway there boys and girls.
07ag
AG
no email about world series yet

need just a single

email me 7002ga at gmail
https://ts.la/eric59704
PhatMack19
AG
This one isn't over just yet. Cards coming back

7-4 Nats T5
tjack16
AG
07ag said:

no email about world series yet

need just a single

email me 7002ga at gmail

Same .... I just want a single ticket.

tanner . holley 16 at gmail
Agnzona
I wanna steal one at Yankee Stadium am I being greedy? Which game shapes up as our best chance? How does a rainout change things?
Buck Compton
AG
threeanout said:

Looks like Verlander will throw game 5.
Only way Verlander pitches Game 5 is if there's a rainout tomorrow.
JDUB08AG
AG
Agnzona said:

I wanna steal one at Yankee Stadium am I being greedy? Which game shapes up as our best chance? How does a rainout change things?

I mean, we are the best team in baseball. Any game is within reason. With a rainout, we see JV in game 5. That's probably the best bet.
McInnis
AG
So if there's a game tomorrow will it be Urquiddy vs who? I don't think Happ could start for the Yankees. Who else do they have?
Aggie95
AG
they mentioned a bullpen game as well...not sure who the "starter "would be
Farmer1906
AG
Urquidy or Peacock, right? Hopefully we don't have to find out.

Nevermind. Y'all are talking Yanks. I would guess Happ.
tjack16
AG
I'm hoping we finish it in 5. My brother and I are going to ole miss this weekend and I'd rather not have two heart attacks in one night
gambochaman
AG
That nats rotation is filthy tho
Farmer1906
AG
We have a better shot at it with Greinke & JV than bullpen & Greinke.

If not then Saturday will likely be a tired Yankee bullpen vs a not so tired Astro bullpen.

If it goes 7 then we'll the best pitcher on the planet going.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Was at the A&M small animal hospital with my beagle for most of the game today, watching it on a TV. When Reddick went yardball, this senior citizen there with his St. Bernard said, "If Steinbrenner was still alive, he would cut Severino's ass right now."
AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

In my opinion Boone is out of sorts because I think he saw what the Ray's did to us and how successful their approach was and he all of a sudden tried to copy it

Only thing is that's what the Rays do and they're good at it. That's not what the Yankees do.

He's completely out of his element and it shows.

Also it's a different dynamic in a 7 game series vs 5.

I wouldn't be surprised if our offense starts going thermonuclear
Beat40
I'm not exactly worried about the offense. They have been putting pressure on people outside of the Tanaka game with guys on base. If we continue to do that, we WILL find a hit with RISP. Also, just keep getting guys on in front of Yuli. He's been hitting the ball hard and he's going to find some grass or seats very soon.

Even with the day off tomorrow, if in fact is a day off, that bullpen had to be used a lot again today. If we do indeed face Tanaka - we've got to be better at being patient and fouling off pitches on the edges. We do that, we can run his PC up and get to that bullpen anyway.

This offense doesn't look scared of that bullpen at all. I will say I believe all of the hitters look very confident at the plate, save maybe Alvarez.
AgDoc03
AG
Looks like wangus caught the ban a few pages back. Thank you for your service, sir.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sid Farkas
AG
gambochaman said:

This. I may be looking too far out in the future...but we don't want any of this.
jetch17
AG
Test?
Prosperdick
AG
Sid Farkas said:

gambochaman said:

This. I may be looking too far out in the future...but we don't want any of this.

What are we...chopped liver?
jetch17
AG
Sid Farkas said:

gambochaman said:

Let's get there first before worrying...
Agnzona
gambochaman said:

A week off might not do them any favors.
W
AG
going back to Sanchez...the MLB network analysts were criticizing him for calling for sliders early in the game.

especially during Reddick's at-bat...when it was obvious he couldn't catch up to Severino's fastball. Did him a favor by switching to the slider
Mathguy64
AG
AgDoc03 said:

Looks like wangus caught the ban a few pages back. Thank you for your service, sir

I was afraid that would happen. That's the pic I got busted for two years ago in game 5. Well one of them anyway.
W
AG
I wouldn't worry about the Nationals' pitching just yet.

after watching the Astros' 3-game series in St. Louis earlier this year, I was shocked STL made it to the NLCS. The Cardinals looked very average.

and other than Goldschmidt and perhaps Molina, their batting order is bunch of no-names and journeymen
jetch17
AG
astros4545
AG
Agnzona said:

gambochaman said:

A week off might not do them any favors.

And it's the worst bullpen in baseball
EagleAg19
jetch17 said:

*whispers*

yank these
First Page Last Page
Page 1494 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.