***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,890,478 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Still have 2 FS tonight that I can't move to friends and family to save my life.

Anyone know if it's possible to list ballpark app tickets on stubhub?

Log in to your mlb account on a computer. There's an option that links to stubhub. Good luck; I had the same issue yesterday.
Bregxit
AG
Today I turn 44. I would like a win and a homer from #44. That's all.
suburban cowboy
AG
We all feel the same way about last night.

Our entire ****ing team is due and we have JV on the mound. Take the bleeding to the Rangerettes' offseason thread. LFG.
Pahdz
Aust Ag said:

BCSGrubber said:

Snagged some ticket close to home plate an hour before the game when prices dropped. There were a lot of interesting people sitting our section last night. Yankee fans around us were actually pretty cool and not over the top annoying or rude.

Guy wearing Pat Mahomes jersey was acting ridiculous and we thought got kicked out but then was let back in. So many people missed significant parts of the game getting beer. Don't understand why you pay that much money to not watch the game.
Wearing a Mahomes jersey the day before the big game...sounds like dude was looking for a fight.

Guarantee that guy owned a Vince Young Titans jersey too and wore it around on Sundays in the fall
rosco511
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Lots of parallels between this series and WS 2017.
Down 0-1, Springer cold, everyone wanting him to move down in the order. Other bats cold. Verlander pitching game 2.
We've been here before.
Astros will be up 2 games to 1 heading in to game 4. Then it's anyone's ball game.

Difference is we were chalk full of clutch hits until that game.

I feel like we are pressing hard on offense. Close to 1998-2001 levels of pressing.

Based on the sample size we have, are we just unlucky, or are we actually behaving differently?

Probably a little of both. Alvarez smoked a line drive that was 110 mph off bat and turned into a double play, while Torres hit a 93 mph fly ball that ended up being a homerun. That is an example of unlucky, but then guys like Correa and Brantley have not been unlucky, just not very good.
Jackal99
AG
Jackal99 said:

07ag said:

tried to go the mastercard priceless tix route, but they weren't available last night when i went to bed, and are already sold out this morning,, ya'll move fast https://www.priceless.com/sports/product/147154/houston-american-league-postseason-tickets
Damn. I totally forgot about checking on that last night. Oh well, on the waitlist.

It seems I've been rewarded for not watching game 5 in hopes of preserving the lead when I walked in late. I just got an email from the Priceless Cities promotion saying I've been given two tickets as a "priceless surprise for being a loyal customer." Tickets are in my Ballpark app, and yes, I have not been charged. So, my brother (who happens to be in town from Tennessee this weekend) and I will be in section 112, row 31, tonight.
n_touch
How do you get a piece of this priceless action?
Philip J Fry
AG

Saw this and thought of Correa.

He should be a power house for us batting 7th. Instead he's more of a powder puff.
Diyala Nick
AG
Tanaka threw a masterpiece last night - just like Cole has done for us twice and Verlander once. Nobody was going to hit him. Over 7 games, we have more potential masterpieces in our pitching staff than the Yankees.

It will be interesting, but I like the stros.

Also, Alvarez smokes two homeruns tonight and Bregman one.
Big Al 1992
AG
Springer is 3-25 this post season.
Correa 3-22 this post season.
Zero jacks from YA this post season.

The floodgates will open tonight and JV Ks 10.
astros4545
AG
JABQ04 said:

Anybody know a good place to catch the game in CS? Headed up for Fire/Rescue training and I'm leaving Houston with enough time to watch the whole game.

I watched it at Mo's Irish Pub near northgate last night

Good setup, had the sound on too
Post removed:
by user
BCSGrubber
AG
Section 122 and $200...other sections at the ends of lower bowel were at $150.

Used TickPick app
JABQ04
AG
astros4545 said:

JABQ04 said:

Anybody know a good place to catch the game in CS? Headed up for Fire/Rescue training and I'm leaving Houston with enough time to watch the whole game.

I watched it at Mo's Irish Pub near northgate last night

Good setup, had the sound on too

I'll be at Cavalry Court so walking distance.
agsquirrel97
AG
third coast.. said:

I feel like a bag of smashed ass holes right now from some bug the kids brought home but I'm gonna tough it out tonight.
Don't be bringing your AIDS to section 407!
Texaggie7nine
436 row 13 wooo
7nine
Frok
AG
Open the roof, we need a change to get the bats going
Mathguy64
AG
Frok said:

Open the roof, we need a change to get the bats going

Lord no. I want that box as loud as it can be.
Farmer1906
AG
Players have said the ball doesn't carry as wel with it open.
Aust Ag
AG
Well, after last night's performance by the Yanks maybe that's a good idea.
AggiEE
Good news is Paxton was shelled in the playoffs and shelled at home in MMP this year.

I'll feel pretty good if we even the series tonight and have Cole on the mound in NY.
Mr.Ackar07
AggiEE said:

Good news is Paxton was shelled in the playoffs and shelled at home in MMP this year.

I'll feel pretty good if we even the series tonight and have Cole on the mound in NY.
Amen
Ag13
AG
AggiEE said:

Agreed. And even though Greinke is 0-2 in playoffs so far, not a bad thing to have him be one of our starters in NY in a crucial game. Need runs runs runs.
AggiEE
Ag13 said:

AggiEE said:

Agreed. And even though Greinke is 0-2 in playoffs so far, not a bad thing to have him be one of our starters in NY in a crucial game. Need runs runs runs.

Greinke did his job last night, kept us in a winnable game against a tough lineup.

Not having Greinke go 6 solid innings would have had spillover effects to our bullpen, so it's definitely good that we have him.

Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag13 said:

AggiEE said:

Greinke did his job last night, kept us in a winnable game against a tough lineup.

Not having Greinke go 6 solid innings would have had spillover effects to our bullpen, so it's definitely good that we have him.

He also had a bit of bad luck. That first home run is a home run in MMP and no where else. We need tot ale advantage of our park.
Mr.Bond
AG
Jake gets the start
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
But why? Tucker actually got one of our few hits.
BCSGrubber
AG
Where is the lineup?
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

But why? Tucker actually got one of our few hits.

Yeah that's a bit of a head scratcher. Tucker did fine in his ABs last night.

It probably has to do with how many pop outs JV gets....he feels a lot more comfortable with Jake out there.
Mr.Bond
AG
Paxton being a lefty. I get it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DVC2010
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No room for GIDP.
Frok
AG
It better be Jake from Rake Farm
First Page Last Page
Page 1392 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.