***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,903,585 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JABQ04 said:

Got a case of beer for the Aggie game then Astros. I apologize in advance of what I will be typing later tonight.

Just 1 case? I'll need 2 at minimum.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
aggiedata
AG
CoachRTM
AG
JCA1 said:

Can I just say that it's pretty funny that the 2 main threads on this board right now are the Astros season thread and the Rangers offseason thread? Good times.

And half of that Rangers thread is talking about our series against the Rays or how their new stadium looks like Minute Maid.
JABQ04
AG
third coast.. said:

JABQ04 said:

Got a case of beer for the Aggie game then Astros. I apologize in advance of what I will be typing later tonight.

As long as you go in to the first game knowing theres no chance of a dub, you'll be fine.

I will choose to remain optimistic until the Ags prove me wrong. So I'm guessing right around kick off.
JABQ04
AG
CoachRTM said:

JCA1 said:

Can I just say that it's pretty funny that the 2 main threads on this board right now are the Astros season thread and the Rangers offseason thread? Good times.

And half of that Rangers thread is talking about our series against the Rays or how their new stadium looks like Minute Maid.

Grape soda still complaining about Odor? I can't stand the rat face jerk but Jesus even I'm tired of reading about how much he sucks.
TXAG14
I've got a stomach bug so going sober today. God help me.
Agnzona
T&P sent.
crowman2010
AG
Calling it now. Greinke shows out today, goes a solid 6. Springer brings his postseason average way up, and the Astros win 5-2
Deluxe
AG
Pressure is all on the Yankees tonight. Lose and they have to win 4 of the next 6, with JV and Cole pitching 4 of those.

Funny to me how "meh" we all are about ZACH GREINKE holding up his end of the bargain tonight. Lol. We are so spoiled. ZACH GREINKE is a hall of famer for a reason and will show why tonight.
YNWA_AG
AG
Tanaka's away splits helps out as well
crowman2010
AG
Um, no, they have to win 4 of the next 6 which could mean winning against JV, Cole, Urquidy and Greinke again...
agsquirrel97
AG
In 2019, the Yankees scored the most runs in MLB (943) were 4th in average (.267), 3rd in slugging (.490), 3rd in OPS (.829), And 2nd all time in HRs (306).

IT'S TIME FOR US TO BRING THE MF BATS!

LFG!
Philip J Fry
AG
What are they in strikeouts?
Deluxe
AG
That's my point. They have to win 4 of 6 with JV and Cole starting 4 of those games, meaning they have to win at least two games started by JV or Cole if they lose game 1.
Farmer1906
AG
I really think our RHP is going to help. Their offense is less elite vs righties.

Vs RHP
.343 wOBA
113 wRC+

Vs LHP
.355 wOBa
123 wRC+
crowman2010
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I really think our RHP is going to help. Their offense is less elite vs righties.

Vs RHP
.343 wOBA
113 wRC+

Vs LHP
.355 wOBa
123 wRC+
I mean...3.3% isn't a whole lot less...but I'll take it lol
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Going to be pretty epic tonight to see JR and Gerrit Cole out there together. Would love to see the two of them take a picture with Nolan as well.

My gut tells me though that when that crowd Sunday night sees Jose Lima's kid all grown up and realizes its already 20 years since the 99 season where LIma TIme won 21 games and made the all-star team, that ovation is going to deafen downtown Houston.
crowman2010
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

In 2019, the Yankees scored the most runs in MLB (943) were 4th in average (.267), 3rd in slugging (.490), 3rd in OPS (.829), And 2nd all time in HRs (306).

LFG!
In 2019, the Astros

BATTING:
Had the largest run differential (+281, 61 more than NY), 1st in average (.274), 1st in slugging (.495), 1st in OPS (.848), 1st in BB (645)

PITCHING:
3rd in ERA (3.66), 1st in SO (1671), 1st in Quality Starts (89), 1st in BAA (.221), AND WE NEVER INTENTIONALLY WALKED A SINGLE BATTER - Only team in the MLB this year not to do so.

crowman2010
AG
Philip J Fry said:

What are they in strikeouts?
They had 1437 strike outs, which put them at 14th most....

Astros were the best team in baseball for strikeouts with only 1166
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Big Al 1992
AG
Who would've said in July August that Miley doesn't even make a playoff roster. Wow. Hope he gets it figured out.
spadilly
AggiEE
Big Al 1992 said:

Who would've said in July August that Miley doesn't even make a playoff roster. Wow. Hope he gets it figured out.

Unfortunately for him he blew his shot in the ALDS. Now that we are in the ALCS we've seen that bad Miley is more likely than good Miley and you can't take the risk or have him play to "figure out his issues"

Feel bad for him, took on a low 1 year deal with us to prove he could be a dominant pitcher and for most of the year he was...only to collapse in the last month. Terrible timing for him.

Question is...were his issues mechanics related? Did hitters just figure him out? Can he retool for next season?

Curious if the Stros give him another low cost 1 yr deal.
DVC2010
AG
crowman2010 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

LFG!
In 2019, the Astros

BATTING:
Had the largest run differential (+281, 61 more than NY), 1st in average (.274), 1st in slugging (.495), 1st in OPS (.848), 1st in BB (645)

PITCHING:
3rd in ERA (3.66), 1st in SO (1671), 1st in Quality Starts (89), 1st in BAA (.221), AND WE NEVER INTENTIONALLY WALKED A SINGLE BATTER - Only team in the MLB this year ever not to do so.

Fixed it.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
This seams like the right time, but I want to thank you guys! Me and GF broke things off after 3 years back in June and I was in a rough spot for a while, but this thread and the Astros were a good distraction to wear i am seeing the other side now and things are looking up! Yall are great and lets beat the hell out of BAMA and the Yankees.

crowman2010
AG
DVC2010 said:

crowman2010 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

LFG!
In 2019, the Astros

BATTING:

PITCHING:
3rd in ERA (3.66), 1st in SO (1671), 1st in Quality Starts (89), 1st in BAA (.221), AND WE NEVER INTENTIONALLY WALKED A SINGLE BATTER - Only team in the MLB this year ever not to do so.

Fixed it.
You sure bout dat?

Nvm...found a sweet article...NICE!
https://tht.fangraphs.com/the-astros-are-about-to-set-an-unbreakable-record/
Mr President Elect
AG
NM... Already posted
mwm
Keep your chin up, buddy. You've got this.
agsquirrel97
AG
DVC2010 said:

crowman2010 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

LFG!
In 2019, the Astros

BATTING:

PITCHING:

Fixed it.
That's the shtick, talk about how good they are, and tell our team to bring the bats. Don't question what works!
3 Toed Pete
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Going to be pretty epic tonight to see JR and Gerrit Cole out there together. Would love to see the two of them take a picture with Nolan as well.

My gut tells me though that when that crowd Sunday night sees Jose Lima's kid all grown up and realizes its already 20 years since the 99 season where LIma TIme won 21 games and made the all-star team, that ovation is going to deafen downtown Houston.

Wow. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since those awful yet unforgettable Casa Ole commercials. He was also an entertaining radio interview.
Eso si, Que es
Forgiven_Ag said:

This seams like the right time, but I want to thank you guys! Me and GF broke things off after 3 years back in June and I was in a rough spot for a while, but this thread and the Astros were a good distraction to wear i am seeing the other side now and things are looking up! Yall are great and lets beat the hell out of BAMA and the Yankees.

She seems nice, may want to reconsider
sts7049
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

2 tix available for Sunday.

437, row 4, seats 11-12

Just want what I paid - about $125 apiece after taxes and fees.

**disclaimer** these are marked as obstructed view seats. Best I can tell the foul pole is somewhat in the way.

One more bump before stubhub...

Actual last bump
Eso si, Que es
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

2 tix available for Sunday.

437, row 4, seats 11-12

Just want what I paid - about $125 apiece after taxes and fees.

**disclaimer** these are marked as obstructed view seats. Best I can tell the foul pole is somewhat in the way.

One more bump before stubhub...

Actual last bump
$230 each on stubhub after fees, good for Nuke trying to give an Aggie a deal. Have you considered ticket exchange yet Nuke?
spadilly
S

Wait, maybe these were actually originally going to be the ALCS Champion hats instead of the ALDS champs hat? Am I missing something?
First Page Last Page
Page 1369 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.