***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,917,035 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just drove to Tampa and slashed George's tires because it's f****** gameday!
Marvin
AG
I've been up and chugging coffee since 2:45 this morning. Dropped the wife off at the airport so I'm "batching" it the rest of the week. I fully expect to be drunk posting later tonight- if not passed out in the fetal position under the table- so my sincerest apologies in advance if I say anything stupid. Not that I've ever needed an excuse for that before, haha...

Let's take care of business today and bring on the damn Yankees.

Oh, and I'm calling my shot. Springer Dinger to start the Rays off-season.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
Freaking MLB. I have class tonight into 5:50 and it will be at least 6:30 before I get home.

Oh screw it. Class can end at 5:30 and they can read the math on their own.
Harry Stone
AG
If Houston wins today, would you rather Verlander pitch game 3 and 7 or game 2 and 6 in the alcs? i am torn here but i think verlander can handle the pressure of yankee stadium. only problem with pitching game 3 is that we would have verlander and cole both pitching at yankee stadium. however i think verlander going 2 and 6 would allow us to start grienke and bring in cole in game 7 if necessary so i am leaning game 2 in houston.
Deluxe
AG
I'd go JV in games 2 and 6. Worked pretty well in 2017.
Prosperdick
AG
I just want us to advance!!! Worry about pitching matchups after the 27th out is recorded and the win is secured.
Mathguy64
AG
Here's a very interesting rotation. Unfortunately it means you have to play TB in game 5 with Cole.

Game 1 Greinke
Game 2 JV
Game 3 Cole
Game 4 Urkeeding
Game 5 Greinke
Game 6 JV
Game 7 Cole
BMX Bandit
Misread. NM
Mr President Elect
AG
2/6. Possibly close out series one game sooner. One game earlier you would have jv for World Series. And Greinke needs to man up. You want him on the road in LA anyways.

Baseball gods:
I know it is wrong to assume baseball wins... but this is a fan forum and it is mother f****** game day.
Big Al 1992
AG
This drought ends tonight.

the last of the bohemians
So Verlander has the opportunity to disappoint Yankees fans 3 times over the next two weeks
Mr President Elect
AG
mathguy86 said:

Here's a very interesting rotation. Unfortunately it means you have to play TB in game 5 with Cole.

Game 1 Greinke
Game 2 JV
Game 3 Cole
Game 4 Urkeeding
Game 5 Greinke
Game 6 JV
Game 7 Cole
Am I missing something? Why is this a more interesting rotation than the one where Cole starts game 1 and 5 and then is available out of the BP in game 7? Is it so you have Cole in the win or go home 7 matchup? If so, would still rather have Cole get 1 & 5 and have Greinke on a really short leash in game 7.
Hulla Baller
AG
Thanks for the info everyone. Any idea on how much tickets will cost? I got selected to be able to purchase tickets for the ALCS.
Mathguy64
AG
willjohnathan said:

mathguy86 said:

Game 1 Greinke
Game 2 JV
Game 3 Cole
Game 4 Urkeeding
Game 5 Greinke
Game 6 JV
Game 7 Cole
Am I missing something? Why is this a more interesting rotation than the one where Cole starts game 1 and 5 and then is available out of the BP in game 7? Is it so you have Cole in the win or go home 7 matchup? If so, would still rather have Cole get 1 & 5 and have Greinke on a really short leash in game 7.
If you are at games 6/7 you have your 2 best pitchers on full rest ready to fire at home and you go good better best from 5 to 7.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
mathguy86 said:

Freaking MLB. I have class tonight into 5:50 and it will be at least 6:30 before I get home.

Oh screw it. Class can end at 5:30 and they can read the math on their own.

Because you have a job to do tonight!!! You have to calculate the perfect rally boobs to meet the equation proposed on the field
Beat40
Big Al 1992 said:

This is the thing I'm most concerned about. We need two of these guys to hit at the very least. If we can get guys on but not push them across the plate, it's going to be another long evening.

Just a bad time for these guys to have so much trouble at the plate. I do realize the pitching quality is much higher, but George has missed opportunities to even sac fly runs in. Yesterday Brantley misses the opportunity to even get Altuve to 3rd after his double.

I'm fine with some outs as long as hey are productive. Seems like they haven't gotten many productive outs this series.
spadilly
S
For those who mute the tv and listen to Robert and Sparky, are you able to match up the tv broadcast with the radio audio? Or is the radio ahead of the tv?

Going to do some back porch sitting tonight while watching it m. Perfect weather.
Marvin
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

So Jake, Straw and Diaz in the outfield tonight for the mega-upgrade?
(kidding)
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Deluxe
AG
The radio was like 2-3 seconds behind the video feed yesterday, but you might be able to sync it up with the DVR.
Prosperdick
AG
Springer's slump does have a 2017 feel to it...so I like that. We swept the Tribe last year and look where it got us, dispatched by the Red Sox in 5. In 2017 we beat the Sox in 4 games so hopefully history repeats itself. Oh and time is a flat circle.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

The radio was like 2-3 seconds behind the video feed yesterday, but you might be able to sync it up with the DVR.

Video feeds are a little delayed if you were to watch through an app, like the FOX Sports app. That might sync up with the radio too.
Big Al 1992
AG
Great read from Lupica.

"It is absolutely the right decision from Hinch, even if Verlander has never pitched on short rest in the postseason after a full start. I can remember all the hand-wringing about Josh Beckett pitching on limited rest for the Marlins in Game 3 of the 2003 World Series against the Yankees, in the old Yankee Stadium. Beckett was a kid, just 23 at the time. He went out and pitched one of the most dominant October games I have ever seen anybody pitch in the Bronx. The Yankees were helpless that night. Derek Jeter swung and missed at a Beckett fastball in the ninth inning that Jeter still hasn't seen. Beckett had the arm. Verlander has the arm. You don't need full rest when you have the arm, not this time of year.

Hinch had the best team all season. Presumably, he still thinks he has the best team. He also has the best pitcher of his time, and one of the best of all time. Hinch will give Verlander the ball on Tuesday in the first game their team has really needed all year. You worry about the ALCS when you get there. You do everything you can to stay away from Game 5. You better believe you give the ball to Verlander. He can rest on Wednesday."

Mike Lupica is a columnist for MLB.com.
spadilly
S
Deluxe said:

Good deal. That's what I was hoping for. I'll pause the tv and get it as close as I can.
aggiederelict
I may have some tickets to sell to the ALCS for game 1. Anyone interested? I won the lottery. Quick question on that.

Do they allow you to print off the tickets from the lottery system so I can hand them to someone? Because I downloaded the app and didn't see a print option last time. Maybe i just missed it.
Ag_07
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

You better believe you give the ball to Verlander. He can rest on Wednesday

Juan Solo
AG
I'm interested.
n_touch
You can just transfer within the app
n_touch
At least till the end of the season
aggiederelict
Can you transfer some tickets but not others? TIA. First time using this.
Farmer1906
AG
I bought 4 tickets to game 1 and transferred them to 3 different people.
the last of the bohemians
Game 1 Astros had 5 walks, but only 3 total in last 2 games combined....
bobinator
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Thanks for the info everyone. Any idea on how much tickets will cost? I got selected to be able to purchase tickets for the ALCS.

Sure feels like a lot of people won the lottery. And it's kind of weird there's nowhere to see ticket prices ahead of time. This should be a solid cluster**** at noon.
astros4545
AG
I won the lottery, but haven't received an email with special password this morning, which they mentioned they would do yesterday in yesterday's email

Anyone else?
Beat40
I'm ready for this game to be played, and I'm ready to win it tonight.

Hopefully the guys come out loose and patient tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 1262 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.