***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,887,747 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't the ALCS all primetime?
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

Isn't the ALCS all primetime?

Last year there were the following start times in CT for both series:

Last year TBS had the AL and Fox had the NL. It is flipped this year. So I have no idea what times the ALCS will get. AL had two 409 games.
tjack16
AG
I'll be going to game 2 since the Bama game is the same day as game 1. Hopefully at least one of our teams has a good game
Bregxit
AG
Times in ET and by days, last year was:

Fri- NL1 - 809
Sat- NL2 - 409 --- AL1 - 809
Sun- AL2 - 709
Mon- NL3 - 739
Tue- AL3 - 509 --- NL4 - 909
Wed- NL5 - 505 --- AL4 - 839
Thu- AL5 - 809
Fri- NL6 - 839
Sat- AL6 - 509 --- NL7 - 909
Sun- AL7 - 739

Normalizing for local times and by days, last year was:

NL1 - 709
NL2 - 309 --- AL1 - 709
AL2 - 609
NL3 - 439
AL3 - 409 --- NL4 - 609
NL5 - 205 --- AL4 - 739
AL5 - 709
NL6 - 739
AL6 - 509 --- NL7 - 609
AL7 - 739
Ag_07
AG
But IIRC the only day games in the LCSs are on weekends. There are no weekday day games.
AgDoc03
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CFTXAG10
AG
JJ Watt w/ the Bregman celebration after a sack

Mr.Bond
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

JJ Watt w/ the Bregman celebration after a sack

Saw it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

But IIRC the only day games in the LCSs are on weekends. There are no weekday day games.

Rows 4-6 are Mon through Wed
8T2
BCSGrubber said:

ALCS ticket lottery emails are out. I was selected this round
I got the email as well. Does this pretty much assure that I will get tickets, or is it just a chance at a free for all?
Bregxit
AG
8T2 said:

BCSGrubber said:

I got the email as well. Does this pretty much assure that I will get tickets, or is it just a chance at a free for all?

Basically you get to participate in the Black Friday style rush to buy tickets.
8T2
Thank you.
Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG

Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

agdaddy04
AG
Man Soroka is getting jobbed more than JV. Just gave up his 2nd hit but losing 1-0 in 7th
CoachRTM
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Can't really think of a situation where we have to follow Greinke with both Urquidy and Miley. That tells me that he's open to using one of them in Game 3 if the situation arises, and then the other would start game 4 with James on long relief duty.
PhatMack19
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Man Soroka is getting jobbed more than JV. Just gave up his 2nd hit but losing 1-0 in 7th
Wainwright had a lot to do with that. They may have left him in a little too long though
tremble
AG
Fun to watch Soroka pitch, kid looks effortless out there.
McInnis
AG
Last night someone mentioned the Astro's post season scoring futility during the Biggio/Bagwell years. I remember those painfully. So for "fun" I looked it up. From 1997 through 2001 the Astros played in 14 playoff games. They won 2 of them and scored a total of 34 runs, an average of 2.4 runs per game.

So yeah Tampa Bay fans, we know how you feel.
Ags #1
AG
Have they released the schedule for the alcs? Or at least know which games will be played on which days?
PhatMack19
AG
Cards intentionally walked McCann to face Dansby
PhatMack19
AG
Dansby doubles off the wall to tie it.
Philip J Fry
AG
Oops.
PhatMack19
AG
2 run double. Cards overmanaged this one

3-1 Braves top 9
Philip J Fry
AG
Wish nothing but bad things on the Cards.
PhatMack19
AG
Acuna is such a punk.
Burn-It
AG
I know this has been discussed, but can someone please remind me on the GCole contract situation? Really want him signed to a long term deal & keep the core group of Springer, Bregman, Altuve, Correa, Brantley, Alvarez, Verlander together.
AKA 13-0
Just an Ag
AG
Unless this little bit of rest has done wonders for Miley, he, imo, is completely unreliable right now. Hopefully I am wrong. Using him requires a 5+ Run lead or an 8+ run deficit. 4th starter is about the only hole in the lineup this team has right now.
Liquid Wrench
Bregxit said:

8T2 said:

BCSGrubber said:

Basically you get to participate in the Black Friday style rush to buy tickets.
Should have a decent chance if you're quick right when they go on sale. Will mostly be upper level tickets.
McInnis
AG
Think the Astros noticed where the Cardinals place their ball boys? In front of the angled wall farther away from the foul line. They use plastic step stools that are low enough so the fans behind them aren't obstructed. Pretty sure you can buy them at WalMart cheap.
Philip J Fry
AG
Burn-It said:

I know this has been discussed, but can someone please remind me on the GCole contract situation? Really want him signed to a long term deal & keep the core group of Springer, Bregman, Altuve, Correa, Brantley, Alvarez, Verlander together.

As much as I want Cole, I almost guarantee you some club is going to give him an absolutely stupid contract. Wherever he goes, he'll handcuff them with his huge salary and they won't compete because of it.

If we are to have any chance, Brantley and Reddick would have to be gone. Correa too.
PhatMack19
AG
Anibal Sanchez starting for the Nats. Game 3 and Scherzer still hasn't started
Farmer1906
AG
Burn-It said:

Cole is on the last year of his deal. He will hit the market for the first time and will likely receive record breaking offers. The odds we keep in are incredibly slim.

As for the core we have Springer has 1 more year of arb before he hits the market. I expect we'll make him a competitive offer. I think he's the most likely to re sign.

Bregman was given an extension of 2 years at a discounted rate in order to get his money sooner. He's locked up for the next 5 years.

We have 2 more years of control of Correa. With his inability to stay healthy and projected market value, I don't think we'll invest in him long term, especially if we lock in Springer the year before.

We had Altuve at a bargain, but we ripped it up and locked him in for big money long term. He starts getting 29 M next year for the next 5(?).

Brantley signed last offseason for a 2 year deal. He'll hit the open market again at 34. I have no good feel on if we'll keep him or not. It'll probably have a lot to do with how Tucker progresses and how we feel with Springer.

Alvarez is a rookie. We have him cheap for a good while.

Verlander signed an extension last offseason. He's ours for 20 and 21. He's one of a kind so we might give him another deal at age 38. Who knows. Father Time eventually wins.
Bregxit
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Anibal Sanchez starting for the Nats. Game 3 and Scherzer still hasn't started

I have a feeling the Nats are in five game mode. Scherzer gets game four and Stras gets five.
First Page Last Page
Page 1234 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.