***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,904,879 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PSully97 said:

Wabs said:

Find me a 281 and we're in business.
Here's the website if you want to look for one

https://shopcodeword.com/collections/the-dugout-collection
Farmer1906
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Quick poll -

If you were gonna buy a blue Astros jersey, which would you pick - Cole or Bregs?
Not Cole!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Wabs said:

PSully97 said:

Wabs said:

Find me a 281 and we're in business.
Here's the website if you want to look for one

https://shopcodeword.com/collections/the-dugout-collection
Gimme that 346!!
Teddy Perkins
AG
BREGTOBER is here!

Quote:

"Just things that add to a culture of playing 162 games you can't fake, you can't pretend," Hinch said. "It's part of your DNA or not. He's as authentic as a baseball player as I've ever been around and as likable as anybody on our team. The other side probably feels a little differently. He plays with a little chip on his shoulder that irritates some people. I love that about him, and he owns it and doesn't run from it."

What makes October so special for Bregman is everything is so magnified.

"It's a style of baseball that you play to win," Bregman said. "You do that during the season, of course. But it's just magnified, the winning aspect. All that matters is winning. Nothing else. Win at all cost. That's why I love playing the game."
https://www.mlb.com/news/alex-bregman-poised-for-big-2019-postseason

bearkatag15
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

BREGTOBER is here!

Quote:

"Just things that add to a culture of playing 162 games you can't fake, you can't pretend," Hinch said. "It's part of your DNA or not. He's as authentic as a baseball player as I've ever been around and as likable as anybody on our team. The other side probably feels a little differently. He plays with a little chip on his shoulder that irritates some people. I love that about him, and he owns it and doesn't run from it."

What makes October so special for Bregman is everything is so magnified.

"It's a style of baseball that you play to win," Bregman said. "You do that during the season, of course. But it's just magnified, the winning aspect. All that matters is winning. Nothing else. Win at all cost. That's why I love playing the game."
https://www.mlb.com/news/alex-bregman-poised-for-big-2019-postseason

I'm going to assume since he's a year older he will surpass last year's run-of-the-mill ALDS in which he hit .556, slugged 1.333 and had an OPS of 2.048.
maca1028
bearkatag15 said:

That'd be a good fit for Madden
bearkatag15
AG

Thought this was strange. Fangraphs must think Houston matches up worse vs TB than Oakland
CoachRTM
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Thought this was strange. Fangraphs must think Houston matches up worse vs TB than Oakland

I'll say this - the Rays pitching staff at full potential is a lot scarier than the A's.

However, with Glasnow and Snell still ramping up after injuries, that's far from a given
Charlie Conway
everybody knows the Astros rake against team's aces. It's the 5+ era guys that shut us down.
Mathguy64
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Quick poll -

If you were gonna buy a blue Astros jersey, which would you pick - Cole or Bregs?
Springer
bearkatag15
AG

So Reddick might be unavailable tomorrow?
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

So Reddick might be unavailable tomorrow?
Guarantee Reddick will be there tomorrow unless there is a complication with his wife and twins.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Here's hoping she is very far along her pregnancy, our twins were micro-preemies and the rest of your life just stops for a while
Bregxit
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Here's hoping she is very far along her pregnancy, our twins were micro-preemies and the rest of your life just stops for a while

Her due date is this month.

https://instagr.am/p/BwhSj0ln2GB
YNWA_AG
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
oops
Charlie Conway
https://instagr.am/p/B3KfyM8HK_9
jkag89
YNWA_AG said:

Aren't the Tigers still picking up a significant chunk of JV's salary this season?
astros4545
AG
I think devo is making the team

CoachRTM
AG
fivethirtyeight has the Astros with :
70% chance to advance past Rays
45% chance to make the World Series
28% chance to win it all.

Dodgers at 63/43/23
Yankees at 66/31/17
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Well I have us at 100/100/100 soooooooo
bearkatag15
AG
Hinch said on MLB Network that Correa is batting 7th tomorrow
AustinCountyAg
congrats to Reddick and his wife on their twins. As a father of almost 2 yr old twins they are a blessing and super fun. Also glad to hear how big they were born and that they shouldn't be in NICU any longer.

He should be good to go now since he won't have that worry on his mind. I echo that statement above about having preemies. Everything in your word stops
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Calling it now. The Havana Hammer will be the MVP for us this post season.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

congrats to Reddick and his wife on their twins. As a father of almost 2 yr old twins they are a blessing and super fun. Also glad to hear how big they were born and that they shouldn't be in NICU any longer.

He should be good to go now since he won't have that worry on his mind. I echo that statement above about having preemies. Everything in your word stops
Not to derail, but how many weeks were yours born at? And congrats, it just gets more and more fun. My girls are 7-1/2 and the best part of every day.
AustinCountyAg
couldn't tell you exact number of weeks, about a month and a half early though. one was 4 lb 10 ounces the other 4 lb 6 ounces??? something like that. In NICU for bout a month. In all reality they were "big" considering some of the other babies in there with us. Very blessed
Deluxe
AG
Interesting note on Astros-Rays pitching matchups courtesy of the Starting 9 podcast...

G1) Astros start a former Cy Young winner and Rays counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
G2) Rays start a former Cy Young winner and Astros counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
G3) Astros start a former Cy Young winner and Rays counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I re-watched game 5 the other day and re-watched game 7 today......LETS GO, TAKE IT BACK

Why isnt today FRIDAY
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.pscp.tv/w/cGYu4zY0MDU3N3wxak1KZ3dERE9Fa0pMldydRgXAtuAxa73dWXCQm8FtyiDsfAzeQLporeByERg=

Hinch presser
spadilly
S
Twenty four hours.

Bregxit
AG
cpsencik04 said:

I re-watched game 5 the other day and re-watched game 7 today......LETS GO, TAKE IT BACK

bearkatag15
AG
Hinch confirmed Reddick would be playing tomorrow and in the lineup.

Verlander and Bregman are up next in the press conference
Farmer1906
AG
Poor TED
First Page Last Page
Page 1160 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.