***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,916,382 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachRTM said:

bearkatag15 said:

Who is TB throwing games 1 and 2?

Glasnow and Snell? (Snell hasn't pitched more than 2.1 innings since his return... and Glasnow hasn't gotten higher than 4.1) Yarbrough looks like another starter they can use.

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of Johnny Fullstaff type games as they have a lot of "bulk" relievers.

Agreed. I think it'll go Glasnow & Snell.

They have a strong bullpen. We'll see a lot of them.
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Dang. Now I'm thinking about taking Monday off and driving to Tampa for game 3

Bet you won't.
bearkatag15
AG
Chris Castellani talks post game thoughts and gives his blunt opinion on how he thinks the ALDS goes.

mazag08
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Games 1 and 2 at home are must wins. Astros generally forget how to hit in the Trop, they have a sub-500 record there in the last few years.

Marisnick hits great in Florida. He should bat cleanup.
bearkatag15
AG
Glasnow is the expect starter for game 1 on Friday. He has faced Houston once this year and it was in TB.

He went 5 IP and gave up 1 run, a solo HR to the AL MVP, Alex Bregman

bearkatag15
AG
Glasnow hasn't thrown more than 4.1 innings since returning from the IL. He has a total of 12.1 innings pitched since his return on September 8th and hasn't thrown more than 65 pitches in a game. The has the makings of a short outing with heavy bullpen usage
CFTXAG10
AG
Team Minute Maid all day!

titanmaster_race
bearkatag15 said:

Glasnow hasn't thrown more than 4.1 innings since returning from the IL. He has a total of 12.1 innings pitched since his return on September 8th and hasn't thrown more than 65 pitches in a game. The has the makings of a Jose Altuve 3 HR game

FIFY
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Glasnow is the expect starter for game 1 on Friday. He has faced Houston once this year and it was in TB.

Whelp, I just hope the rest pays off and our boys are ready to mash on Friday.

Hoping to see the lineup of death. Will be slightly disappointed if I don't.
Charlie Conway
bearkatag15 said:

8 hits, 3 walks, and only 1 run, that's some Astros baseball
AggiEE
And JV better be careful against Diaz with the high heater if today's game is anything to go by...
Beat40
Rays 3-4 against the Astros during the regular season, but 3 of the losses came in the opening series when we had that rough start to the season. Won the second series 2-1.

Regular season doesn't matter much, but all the same is rather jump out to a 2-0 lead given the Trop.
Beat40
Also, with Glasnow and Snell coming off of injury, I'm really hoping we come out patient against them and work that PC up to knock them out early.

Of course swing at good pitches, but a 20-25 pitch first inning sounds really nice.
bearkatag15
AG

Just a visual of the matchups for the first 3
Big Al 1992
AG
Wow -SVP just asked Morton how it's gonna feel facing his old team. He said he already had a couple times in the regular season, but then damn near choked up talking about how much those guys (his Astro teammates) and the fans meant to him.
Kashchei
AG
One more day before my ulcers start forming
AggiEE
Big Al 1992 said:

Wow -SVP just asked Morton how it's gonna feel facing his old team. He said he already had a couple times in the regular season, but then damn near choked up talking about how much those guys (his Astro teammates) and the fans meant to him.

Still upset me that we didn't match the Rays 2/30M offer. It wasn't outrageous and we definitely could have used him this year

Let Keuchel leave all day long but not having CFM really felt like we were missing something this season.
BCSGrubber
AG
Can you explain the chart to me? Do the batting averages have anything to do with the ABs and hits on the left?
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Just a visual of the matchups for the first 3

I'm just sayin I'd take 3 no hitters in a row from our guys.
bearkatag15
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Can you explain the chart to me? Do the batting averages have anything to do with the ABs and hits on the left?
The averages are what they were at that point in the season overall. I believe this was the 2nd or 3rd game of the season.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Is this series going to last long enough for me to learn who any of the Rays outside of Charlie Morton are?
Ag_07
AG
I don't like this matchup for 2 reasons

They can beat us at our own game. Matchups, analytics, shifts, etc.

Tropicana Field. We suck there. Always have. I think even during the Texas series we played there we sucked.

Win the first 2 get into the driver's seat but if we lose one of the first 2 at MMP it could get tough.
Wabs
AG
Ag_07 said:

Tropicana Field. We suck there. Always have. I think even during the Texas series we played there we sucked.

Win the first 2 get into the driver's seat but if we lose one of the first 2 at MMP it could get tough.
TB has nothing to lose and can play loose and free. My hope is that the Astros play the same way and don't tighten up. I agree, winning G1 and G2 is important.
Prosperdick
AG
Has Yordan hit there yet? Maybe he can break out of his mini slump in a big way.
redline248
AG
Wabs said:

Ag_07 said:

TB has nothing to lose and can play loose and free. My hope is that the Astros play the same way and don't tighten up. I agree, winning G1 and G2 is important.

I don't understand this thinking. They have a playoff series and potential world series run to lose.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
was going to post the exact same thing. you think the guys on the rays are scared of the Astros? They're not the Hackensack Bulls playing the Yankees in an exhibition paid for by Monty Brewster.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

this goes for every home team in a 5 game series.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I am so excite
superaggie73
AG
I apologize if it's already been posted. I went back a few pages and didn't see it. But has the ALDS roster been set yet?
BMX Bandit
superaggie73 said:

I apologize if it's already been posted. I went back a few pages and didn't see it. But has the ALDS roster been set yet?
no. deadline is tomorrow
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Still upset me that we didn't match the Rays 2/30M offer. It wasn't outrageous and we definitely could have used him this year

Let Keuchel leave all day long but not having CFM really felt like we were missing something this season.
I feel the exact same. Many were arguing the opposite side early on but IDK that anyone disagrees now. The team must have thought he was an injury liability because that's the only way it makes sense not to sign him. Based on that first interview he talked about it, the Astros were not even close to the Rays offer.

Time will tell if it was a good move and this series and postseason will play a big part in that. If we win the WS it was a good move,

What chaps my ass a little is that if we kept Morton we probably don't make the Greinke trade and we maybe have a shot at keeping Cole (and obviously keeping the prospects we traded for ZG).

Regardless it's all still TBD:

• Will Morton's body hold up next season?
  • Will Cole continue to be a CYA-caliber pitcher for the length of the long contract he's about to sign?
  • How much does Greinke have left in the tank?
  • Will the prospects we traded for him pan out?
spadilly
S
superaggie73 said:

They have until tomorrow morning to set it.
Harry Dunne
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I am so excite
You sound like Blummer making fun of his latin teammates.
Frok
AG
Deluxe
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I am so excite
You sound like Blummer making fun of his latin teammates.
First Page Last Page
Page 1158 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.