***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,898,881 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man I must have missed those posts. I would have met up. I did not come close to finishing close to top 10 lol. It was my 1st 10k. Main goal was just to finish
Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Asking price?

What's your offer?

Jk. Free-fiddy. Just take it off my hands, it'll just sit up in my closet forever
Post removed:
by user
ontheedge
Frok said:

I wish the Astros would say what is really going on with Correa's back. A few days ago Carlos was saying it was nothing like last year. Now he may not play in the playoffs. I keep hoping Carlos is just being a baby and will play.
If all we'll have is back discomfort Correa, we don't need him.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
third coast.. said:

Damn I missed that. If he doesn't want it I'll take it when i get that berben from you.

Well for you it's $75
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
third coast.. said:

Well to be fair we only did the 5k. I've been in the gym almost every day for months, eating clean and not drinking. My wife hasn't done **** in the gym, eats whatever and she still kicked my ass. Not fair haha.

Well at least it's that, you def don't want the girl that has to be a gym rat not to blow up like her mom amiright?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
third coast.. said:

Haha yep. MIL not fat either. Im good for the long haul.

Exactly
No one wants to buy a Ferrari and end up with a suburban post kids
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

My gosh Will Harris has been phenomenal. Best arm in this bullpen

Crazy, I couldn't stand Harris last season.

Hopefully Devo can have a similar reversal

Sounds like a you problem. Harris has always been good.

Nah, you must have not followed him last year. He had a good stretch last season where he was bad and blowing games going into the playoffs.

His numbers and consistency last year are dramatically better
wangus12
AG
Thank god we have a good baseball team
Harry Dunne
He has always been solid or better. Has gone through streaks like all relievers. Is at his best this year but was solid last year.
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

My gosh Will Harris has been phenomenal. Best arm in this bullpen

Crazy, I couldn't stand Harris last season.

Hopefully Devo can have a similar reversal

Sounds like a you problem. Harris has always been good.

Nah, you must have not followed him last year. He had a good stretch last season where he was bad and blowing games going into the playoffs.

His numbers and consistency last year are dramatically better
Nope. I followed him extremely close. I was one of the few arguing to keep him on the playoff roster.

I assume you mean this year, yes, he's better than he's ever been, but he was roasted last year when he probably shouldn't be
Agmaniacmike12
I seem to recall Harris struggling with inherited runners last year.
McInnis
AG
I wonder how bad it is on the premium board right now? Anyone know?
Mr President Elect
AG
Harry Dunne said:

He has always been solid or better. Has gone through streaks like all relievers. Is at his best this year but was solid last year.
He was left off the ALCS roster last year.
Agmaniacmike12
Safe at Home said:

Real bad. Avoiding at all costs.
Harry Dunne
willjohnathan said:

Harry Dunne said:

Rondon & Smith were left off the ALDS roster. No HOFers there but all very solid relievers. That's what happens when you have a deep roster & AJ goes with the hot hand.
CoachRTM
AG
Safe at Home said:

n_touch
Anyone been to the zoo? Bet its in high gear
AggiEE
Harry Dunne said:

willjohnathan said:

Harry Dunne said:

Rondon & Smith were left off the ALDS roster. No HOFers there but all very solid relievers. That's what happens when you have a deep roster & AJ goes with the hot hand.

Yeah but it shows you that the struggle was real for both Harris and Rondon last season.
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

willjohnathan said:

Harry Dunne said:

Yeah but it shows you that the struggle was real for both Harris and Rondon last season.
The struggle is real for all relievers. If you're going to hate every reliever that struggles, you're going to hate every non-HOF reliever.

What it really shows you is how deep our bullpen is/was. Harris/Rondon/Smith would be on 90%+ of playoff rosters ever.
AggiEE
Harry Dunne said:

AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

willjohnathan said:

Harry Dunne said:

The struggle is real for all relievers. If you're going to hate every reliever that struggles, you're going to hate every non-HOF reliever.

What it really shows you is how deep our bullpen is/was. Harris/Rondon/Smith would be on 90%+ of playoff rosters ever.

It depends on the severity of the struggle. Harris and Rondon had a long stretch leading into the playoffs that showed they weren't deserving of a roster spot.

But as for depth, we had Pressly and Osuna, who are elite tier, but beyond that there was a pretty big drop off. We weren't as deep as a team like the Yankees.
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

willjohnathan said:

Harry Dunne said:

It depends on the severity of the struggle. Harris and Rondon had a long stretch leading into the playoffs that showed they weren't deserving of a roster spot.

But as for depth, we had Pressly and Osuna, who are elite tier, but beyond that there was a pretty big drop off. We weren't as deep as a team like the Yankees.

Incorrect.

Harris did not allow a run in his final 13 regular season appearances of 2018 (13.1 IP, 5 H, 2 BB, 11K).

bearkatag15
AG
MVP

Prosperdick
AG
Ags won (although it was ugly as sin) but at least it's a W...speaking of W's, we just need one more tonight and we have homefield throughout.
PhatMack19
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Brantleys reward for his 3 run Dinger is the classic AJ move of sitting the next day.
maca1028
Giants putting a little pressure on Jansen in the bottom of the 9th.
mwm
The heck with what anyone else does. Go out & beat LAA again. Earn it (again).
tjack16
AG
Win tonight so we can rest people tomorrow
Andyzipp
AG
tjholley16 said:

Win tonight so we can rest people tomorrow
We don't play again until October 4. Why does anyone need time off tomorrow?

I mean, besides Crystal Correa.
Beat40
I think if we win tonight, everyone will start tomorrow and after 2 or 3 ABs get pulled.
First Page Last Page
Page 1126 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.