***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,923,604 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

Morton's start in New York. Yankees got all kinds of bases on weak contact. One was a blooper to left that should have been playable, but Maybin just let it drop in front of him.
Oh that. And Springer dove for and whiffed on a line drive that almost lost us a WS game. Do we dislike him for that as well?

George was forgiven when he blew up the train track on his next at bat.
Bregxit
AG
Safe at Home said:

Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

Morton's start in New York. Yankees got all kinds of bases on weak contact. One was a blooper to left that should have been playable, but Maybin just let it drop in front of him.
Oh that. And Springer dove for and whiffed on a line drive that almost lost us a WS game. Do we dislike him for that as well?

George was forgiven when he blew up the train track on his next at bat.
So should Maybin be forgiven for getting himself on base ahead of George's dinger in WS game 2.
RC_57
AG
Just thought I caught something on the radio

Is Correa's back hurting him again?
Phrasing
AG
I'm writing this and knocking on wood, so don't get mad......but.....purely hypthetical.....should a team win tonight and another un-named team on the west coast playing much later lose (don't blow this Arlington!!!!!!)......does the team that won and therefore clinched the division stick around and have champagne to celebrate - or would they go home and do it the next day regardless of a win or loss - or just skip it all together?
agdaddy04
AG
I'm pretty sure they'd stick around and celebrate
bearkatag15
AG
Baseball-Junkie
Harry Dunne said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

I know we don't really have room, but I miss Maybin. Sucks even more that he's with the Yankers now.
Why do you miss Maybin?

He seemed like a cool dude/good teammate who could hit homeruns and made hustle plays. Like I said, we have a lot of those, so there isn't really room. I just hate seeing him play for the Yanks.
n_touch
will be there
DVC2010
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Not one single pick for Atlanta.
Ag_07
AG
These last few games feel like Spring Training. Seems it's taking forever to finish up the season.

Hurry up and get these done and let's move on to what really matters.
Bregxit
AG
DVC2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

But 4 picks for Los Angeles del Anaheim de Los Angeles!
07ag
AG
Phrasing said:

I'm writing this and knocking on wood, so don't get mad......but.....purely hypthetical.....should a team win tonight and another un-named team on the west coast playing much later lose (don't blow this Arlington!!!!!!)......does the team that won and therefore clinched the division stick around and have champagne to celebrate - or would they go home and do it the next day regardless of a win or loss - or just skip it all together?

Last year they had a mini-celebration at a hotel ballroom, and the champagne spraying celebration the next day after losing in toronto

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-celebrate-al-west-title-c296131740
https://ts.la/eric59704
DVC2010
AG
I want to watch them celebrate on the Minute Maid infield. If that means rooting for Oakland tonight, I can handle that.
Phrasing
AG
DVC2010 said:

I want to watch them celebrate on the Minute Maid infield. If that means rooting for Oakland tonight, I can handle that.
Second this! I'm going to the game Saturday and want to party like its 2017!
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Just a heads up, I think the presale for playoffs will take place this Monday the 23rd. Season ticket holders at 9am w/ a 4 ticket limit per game, and then the lottery folks an hour or two later would be my guess.
YellAg2004
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Just a heads up, I think the presale for playoffs will take place this Monday the 23rd. Season ticket holders at 9am w/ a 4 ticket limit per game, and then the lottery folks an hour or two later would be my guess.
Have they done the lottery drawing and notified winners yet?
bearkatag15
AG

No Springer or Yuli. Yuli was scratched bc of a stomach illness
CFTXAG10
AG
YellAg2004 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Have they done the lottery drawing and notified winners yet?
I don't believe so. I just know the season ticket holders were emailed today about the 9am presale on Monday. In the past they usually do the lottery the same day but a later time.
Phrasing
AG
bearkatag15 said:

No Springer or Yuli. Yuli was scratched bc of a stomach illness
Is it Grienke, Miley, Verlander for the weekend?
bearkatag15
AG

Yes
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yes
Agmaniacmike12
DVC2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm really surprised at this. They looked like a great mix of youth and experience before the season.
bearkatag15
AG
Phrasing said:

looks like they will wait around and watch the other game
DVC2010
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

DVC2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm really surprised at this. They looked like a great mix of youth and experience before the season.

On the other hand, there's a lot of love for the Rockies, who have spectacularly underperformed expectations.
Teddy Perkins
AG
On pregame Hinch just said we will see Pressly tonight regardless of score. We may see Peacock on Sunday - his bullpen session yesterday went "really well." Correa is in the lineup tonight and tomorrow, off Sunday.
Mathguy64
AG
I know Hinch is doing what he does to rest guys but there are 4 off days between the last game of the season and the start of the ALDS. Rest when you clinch home field
Agnzona
Nobody needs a bunch of rest with the way the Schedule played out and the blow out games this last month. Plus injuries during the year.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Phrasing
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Phrasing said:

looks like they will wait around and watch the other game

Thanks!! I wonder if that would be televised? Need me some Sparky Getting Wet
bearkatag15
AG
Blue Jays up early on Yankees1-0 in the 4th
Ag_07
AG
Guys chill. We're playing the Angels who've already packed it in.

We should roll with whatever lineup we wanna roll out there
mwm
'tuve!
Mathguy64
AG
Tuve bomb!
bearkatag15
AG
4th player with 30 bombs on the team. Yordan has a slim chance to make it 5 with a strong finish
mwm
Breggie!

Edit to add: MVP.
First Page Last Page
Page 1068 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.