***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,908,996 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has the postseason tickets link lottery come out yet?
Farmer1906
AG
Yes. I either missed the email or didn't get an email this year. It's on the website though.
Farmer1906
AG
I might have ordered two hats. I never got the confirmation email so I did it again. I'll figure it out tomorrow. If anyone needs a 7-1/2, let me know.
AggiEE
Good article about Tucker Vs Reddick

Not a chance Josh is left out of the playoffs...but he's really the least important out of Tucker (slugger), Marisnick (defense), and Straw (speed)

Josh really doesn't have any of those stats, but he's got a real sweet hair flip

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/platform/amp/2019/9/15/20867726/playoff-outfield-with-the-arrival-of-kyle-tucker-is-josh-reddick-the-odd-man-out
Philip J Fry
AG
Except he'll be on the post season roster and not Tucker.
JYDog90
AG
A's lose! Magic number down to 4!
Formerly Willy Wonka
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yes. I either missed the email or didn't get an email this year. It's on the website though.
can you post a link
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/postseason
CoachRTM
AG
jah003 said:

Bought the last 7 3/4. Thanks!

You're not my favorite person right now. Hopefully they come back at some point before the playoffs.
tjack16
AG
I noticed on the Yankees website anybody can go and buy postseason tickets through the World Series right now. I'd rather have that than wait for the lottery drawings for each round
Kashchei
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I might have ordered two hats. I never got the confirmation email so I did it again. I'll figure it out tomorrow. If anyone needs a 7-1/2, let me know.

If you did order an extra of the low profile 7-1/2 I would be interested in buying it from you
Harry Dunne
Prosperdick said:

Deluxe said:

He's gonna be so bummed this winter his choices are to sign a 3/$36 deal with ATL or hold out again
I hope he's more bummed that he missed out on another ring with us.
As a fan with no skin in the game, it's easy to criticize him, but every contract he signs might be his last one and I don't blame him for chasing the $. Worked out great for everyone involved.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Rosenthal weighing in on the MVP races and making his case for Trout over Bregman. Really hope Bregman goes off and gives the voters a counterargument to this.

Quote:

"Number of games played," is the second criteria listed in the guidelines the voters receive from the BBWAA, just after, "actual value of a player to his team, that is, strength of offense and defense," and just ahead of, "general character, disposition, loyalty and effort," whatever that means. The guidelines also state, "there is no clear-cut definition of what Most Valuable means" no kidding! and that, "the MVP need not come from a division winner or other playoff qualifier."

Stated another way: Do whatever the heck you want.

I hate penalizing Trout for playing for the Angels it's not his fault they have not won a playoff game since his debut in 2011. When players are close, I prefer those who play for contenders the level of pressure in a pennant race is just different. But as fantastic as Alex Bregman's season has been, he is not this year's version of Betts and Donaldson. He is still not close enough to Trout.

Bregman can max out with 156 games, while Trout will appear in a mere 134. But Trout's lead in every offensive category is substantial, putting him 84 percent above the league average in OPS-plus, compared to Bregman's 59 percent. Bregman, like Bellinger, has displayed terrific defensive versatility, in his case sliding from third base to shortstop when Carlos Correa has been injured. Offensively, he helped compensate, at various points, for the absences of Correa, Jos Altuve and George Springer. But Trout views this season as one of his best. Without comparing works of art beauty, as always, is in the eye of the beholder let's just say he's not wrong.

MVP races often come down to September, and the outcome of the NL race was decided in precisely that fashion last season when Yelich stormed to the award. This season, the dominance of Yelich and Trout in the first five-plus months should not be dismissed simply because they missed the final few weeks. Let's not be swayed by recency bias. It's the body of work that matters most.
Athletic ($) article.
Deluxe
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Prosperdick said:

Deluxe said:

He's gonna be so bummed this winter his choices are to sign a 3/$36 deal with ATL or hold out again
As a fan with no skin in the game, it's easy to criticize him, but every contract he signs might be his last one and I don't blame him for chasing the $. Worked out great for everyone involved.
I don't think anyone blames him for chasing the largest contract he could get. Everyone knew that was his MO going into last winter.

We'll see if it works out great for everyone involved. It's certainly working out nicely for the Braves, but I think it's too early to say that signing a 1/$13 deal when 3-4 year deals were reportedly on the table is working out great for Keuchel. It all depends on what sort of deal he's able to ink this offseason. We shall see.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Man I looked and can't find it. Anyone have a link?
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Farmer1906 said:

https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/postseason-ticket-opportunity/
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nevermind, got it
Bregxit
AG
I guess MLB decided to cut down the number of registrants this year by requiring registration through an MLB.com account. I can't register my wife and kids' email addresses this time.
Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

Harry Dunne said:

Prosperdick said:

Deluxe said:

I don't think anyone blames him for chasing the largest contract he could get. Everyone knew that was his MO going into last winter.

We'll see if it works out great for everyone involved. It's certainly working out nicely for the Braves, but I think it's too early to say that signing a 1/$13 deal when 3-4 year deals were reportedly on the table is working out great for Keuchel. It all depends on what sort of deal he's able to ink this offseason. We shall see.
Stop with the thinly veiled criticism. Sure, we will see, but he gambled on himself with the 1-yr contract and had a good season.

- Worked out great for the Braves, who got good production for a reasonable price and have a guy who has performed in the postseason.
- Worked out great for the Astros that got a cheap replacement with Miley and were able to get Greinke and are better off overall.
- Worked out great for Keuchel, who is likely to get a better deal this offseason than he had on the table last offseason.

Deluxe
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Deluxe said:

Harry Dunne said:

Prosperdick said:

Deluxe said:

Stop with the thinly veiled criticism. Sure, we will see, but he gambled on himself with the 1-yr contract and had a good season.

- Worked out great for the Braves, who got good production for a reasonable price and have a guy who has performed in the postseason.
- Worked out great for the Astros that got a cheap replacement with Miley and were able to get Greinke and are better off overall.
- Worked out great for Keuchel, who is likely to get a better deal this offseason than he had on the table last offseason.
I think you're reading way too much into this man. We're basically in agreement on most of this.

I'm just not quite willing to say that this worked out great for Keuchel yet. You are. We'll see what happens with winter. If he inks a big time contract this offseason, I'll give ya a nice pat on the back.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

We missed out on a comp pick. That had nothing to do with the acquisitions Miley or Greinke.

We would have had Miley, Greinke, and the comp pick had he signed somewhere before the draft.
Harry Dunne
Maybe, and sorry if so. Your post just reads like the jilted ex that can't be happy even though it turned out better for everyone.

BTW I don't like Keuchel - never have. I was happy we moved on from him and I did not expect him to pitch this well. I don't GAF if he gets paid like David Price or if he signs for another 1-yr with the Padres. That said, I will always be thankful for what he did for our team and don't begrudge him trying to get paid just like most of us would in his shoes.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

We missed out on a comp pick. That had nothing to do with the acquisitions Miley or Greinke.

We would have had Miley, Greinke, and the comp pick had he signed somewhere before the draft.
Some of you guy are something else. Sure we missed out on the pick, but he didn't owe it to us to sign anywhere else before the deadline! Why would he GAF if we got the pick? Looking at it from his point of view, we should have offered him more than the 1-yr QO (or the lesser multi-year) after all his contributions to the organization.

I'm glad that we didn't, and whether that is right or wrong is a moot point - but you can certainly understand that he would feel that way and I don't blame him. We all overvalue our professional worth.

So while I don't blame the org. for not offering him more, it would be silly for him to help us out on the way out by signing simply so we could get the pick.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Rosenthal weighing in on the MVP races and making his case for Trout over Bregman. Really hope Bregman goes off and gives the voters a counterargument to this.

Quote:

"Number of games played," is the second criteria listed in the guidelines the voters receive from the BBWAA, just after, "actual value of a player to his team, that is, strength of offense and defense," and just ahead of, "general character, disposition, loyalty and effort," whatever that means. The guidelines also state, "there is no clear-cut definition of what Most Valuable means" no kidding! and that, "the MVP need not come from a division winner or other playoff qualifier."

Stated another way: Do whatever the heck you want.

I hate penalizing Trout for playing for the Angels it's not his fault they have not won a playoff game since his debut in 2011. When players are close, I prefer those who play for contenders the level of pressure in a pennant race is just different. But as fantastic as Alex Bregman's season has been, he is not this year's version of Betts and Donaldson. He is still not close enough to Trout.

Bregman can max out with 156 games, while Trout will appear in a mere 134. But Trout's lead in every offensive category is substantial, putting him 84 percent above the league average in OPS-plus, compared to Bregman's 59 percent. Bregman, like Bellinger, has displayed terrific defensive versatility, in his case sliding from third base to shortstop when Carlos Correa has been injured. Offensively, he helped compensate, at various points, for the absences of Correa, Jos Altuve and George Springer. But Trout views this season as one of his best. Without comparing works of art beauty, as always, is in the eye of the beholder let's just say he's not wrong.

MVP races often come down to September, and the outcome of the NL race was decided in precisely that fashion last season when Yelich stormed to the award. This season, the dominance of Yelich and Trout in the first five-plus months should not be dismissed simply because they missed the final few weeks. Let's not be swayed by recency bias. It's the body of work that matters most.
Athletic ($) article.
My problem with that quote is he discusses how Trout is "far and away" more superior....butthen only quote one statistic and rather than comparing the two head to head he compares them to the league average, leaving the reader to do the interim math that Trout is 25 points higher than Bregman in OPS+....25 doesnt sound near as impressive as 84 percent....also ignoring that Alex has the opportunity to shrink that margin....because he is still playing
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

You have to get over this.
PSully97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Quote:

You have to get over this.
Especially since this isn't even Keuchel's fault. Teams didn't sign him until after the deadline because they didn't think he was worth the salary and the pick. I'm sure he would have rather signed early and gotten paid for the whole season.
Buck Compton
AG
Bregxit said:

I guess MLB decided to cut down the number of registrants this year by requiring registration through an MLB.com account. I can't register my wife and kids' email addresses this time.
This is how it should be anyway. Stops so many ticket brokers from loading the deck in their favor.
Ag_07
AG
I mostly am.

I was just pointing out that we missed out on the pick and it didn't work out ideally for the organization.

I didn't blame anyone. Just a simple observation that a comp pick+Miley+Greinke > Miley and Greinke

Is that not true?
Deluxe
AG
Dallas Keuchel. Polarizing. Jilted ex! Contract expectations: DELUSIONAL. But Yu Darvish and Patrick Corbin. Gimme dat comp pick. Spin rates. Four seamer/change up deception. Unlucky too! (Shifts, amirite!). First inning ambushes. That 2015 AL wild card game tho. And 2017 ALCS game 1! Tats. Cool muscle cars on instagram. Atlanta Braves.
Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

Dallas Keuchel. Polarizing. Jilted ex! Contract expectations: DELUSIONAL. But Yu Darvish and Patrick Corbin. Gimme dat comp pick. Spin rates. Four seamer/change up deception. Unlucky too! (Shifts, amirite!). First inning ambushes. That 2015 AL wild card game tho. And 2017 ALCS game 2! Tats. Cool muscle cars on instagram. Atlanta Braves.

Deluxe
AG
I tried to make it into a haiku but gave up pretty quickly
Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

I tried to make it into a haiku but gave up pretty quickly
Slam poetry summaries of all TL;DR hotly debated topics would be amazing.
DVC2010
AG
Deluxe said:

Dallas Keuchel. Polarizing. Jilted ex! Contract expectations: DELUSIONAL. But Yu Darvish and Patrick Corbin. Gimme dat comp pick. Spin rates. Four seamer/change up deception. Unlucky too! (Shifts, amirite!). First inning ambushes. That 2015 AL wild card game tho. And 2017 ALCS game 2! Tats. Cool muscle cars on instagram. Atlanta Braves.

That one wasn't Keuchel. That was the Verlander complete game where Altuve and Correa walked it off against Aroldis Chapman (and Gary Sanchez) in the ninth.
Pahdz
I read it in the voice of Jonah Hill from 22 Jump Street
astros4545
AG
Pahdz said:

I read it in the voice of Jonah Hill from 22 Jump Street

Cyn-thi-uhhhh

Corr-raayyy-uhhhh
First Page Last Page
Page 1048 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.