***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,907,668 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
agcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0-2 pitch and he hangs a high slider.

Perfect.
KC_Ag14
AG
Least fun game I can remember this season.
Marvin
AG
Juan Solo said:

Pressly needs to walk back to the hotel.

Probably won't catch up to Miley, though. He's gotta already be there waiting...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Have Maldonado lay down a drag bunt, get him on board, use his speed to swipe a couple of bases and a light a fire under this team!
Beat40
mathguy86 said:

2 outs 0-2 count. Why in the world are you not throwing one out of the zone????
Yes, why in the world did we not bury that pitch. That ball should have been way down and outside.
Aggie8587
AG
Aggie8587 said:

(Not so) fun stat - the last 4 innings the Astros have scored in, they've allowed at least 1 run in each of the next half innings

Make that the last 5 innings now. Pitiful performance by Miley and then bullpen today
The D
AG
ERA jumps from 1.9 to 2.7
mwm
Unreal. Losing to a team that is 12 games under .500. With supposedly the best of your bullpen arms.
Aggie8587
AG
The D said:

ERA jumps from 1.9 to 2.7
Insane when he was at 0.00 for literally half the season
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
mwm said:

Unreal. Losing to a team that is 12 games under .500. With supposedly the best of your bullpen arms.
You realize the best teams in baseball lose 40% of their games every year, right?
Beat40
mwm said:

I mean - it's baseball. It happens. We got swept by them in 2017. We will lose games and series to bad teams.

It's just a gut punch, if we lose, to lose it the way we did. Couldn't have one clean inning.

Like the radio guys said, we've given up way to many good pitches on 0-2 today. Will get beat every time if you do that. The fact that we were 0-2 on Tim Anderson at least twice today, a guy who is prone to chase, and we give him anything at all to hit when he's 0-2 is a pitching failure.
Marvin
AG
mwm said:

If the result stands, the Sox will win 4 of the 7 games this year against the Astros. It's not just the bullpen and not just this game. Sometimes it happens.
agproducer
AG
This series, coupled with the O's walk-off is like the series against the A's in August in 2017 -- where the A's were terrible and the Astros got swept on the road.

These are the dog days. This team has a comfortable lead. They just need to remain healthy.

The bullpen got burned quite a bit yesterday with the Cole scratch. Pressly is just coming off injury. The guy is usually nails, so cut him some slack.
TXAG14
Comparing the Yankees schedule to ours I don't see how we can get to the 1 seed.
Ag12thman
AG
YEP - Steve Sparks hit the nail on the head with that. I think he's the one that said it. Basically said, "why are we giving them anything at all to hit on an 0-2 count?????"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TXAG14 said:

Comparing the Yankees schedule to ours I don't see how we can get to the 1 seed.
When is selection sunday?
Ag12thman
AG
TXAG14 said:

We can't seem to catch them. They keep winning and it's gonna be very, very hard. Lot of games are left, but I expect we will have to win some games in the Bronx and then again in LA if we want another title.
titanmaster_race
Ag12thman said:

YEP - Steve Sparks hit the nail on the head with that. I think he's the one that said it. Basically said, "why are we giving them anything at all to hit on an 0-2 count?????"

Blummer saying the exact same. Not sure if this is a pitcher thing or a catcher thing, inclined to say catcher since all of the arms did it today.
Marvin
AG
Maybe Strom being gone has impacted the pitching more than we might think.
monarch
S
S**T!
Ag12thman
AG
Who is Blummer? TV commentator maybe? I don't get them on TV and always have to tune in via Sirius XM unless it's on a national broadcast (like ESPN or FOX).
monarch
S
Head to head with Oakland is the key to the season...
Beat40
titanmaster_race said:

Ag12thman said:

Blummer saying the exact same. Not sure if this is a pitcher thing or a catcher thing, inclined to say catcher since all of the arms did it today.
Maybe so - but the grand slam was with Maldonado.

I think we just try to get too cute sometimes. It's like throwing all those balls in the dirt in last year's postseason with all of the pass balls kind of scared us off a bit in big situations.
CFTXAG10
AG
Marvin said:

Maybe Strom being gone has impacted the pitching more than we might think.

I was wondering about this. Thankfully he's back on Monday.
Mr President Elect
AG
TXAG14 said:

Theirs is definely harder than ours from here on out. 13 of their next 16 is against CLE, OAK, and LAD. If we are behind them after that stretch then yes it will be hard, but we need to make a move on them over the next 2 weeks.
Frok
AG
Me watching the games this week

Mr President Elect
AG
Frok said:

Me watching the games this week

Is this week 2011 Aggie football throwback week?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
This is what happens when we get close to 2x wins to losses. At 48-24 we proceeded to lose 10. Had 3 patsies to get to 80-40 and we gave it away
Beat40
Ag12thman said:

TXAG14 said:

We can't seem to catch them. They keep winning and it's gonna be very, very hard. Lot of games are left, but I expect we will have to win some games in the Bronx and then again in LA if we want another title.
They still have to play a series against LA. They also have to play the RedSox as well - hopefully a rivarly series that will play like one.

They have to play a 4 games set against Cleveland and still have 6 games against the As.

If we can continue our dominance of the AL West, it's still in reach. Never know what will happen.
monarch
S
Eight games left with the A's; need at least five W's out of that eight. Everything else is manageable.
Farmer1906
AG
monarch said:

Eight games left with the A's; need at least five W's out of that eight. Everything else is manageable.
We could lose all 8 and still have the lead in the division.
monarch
S
To bad Strom isn't back at least Friday...
The Beef01
AG
willjohnathan said:

TXAG14 said:

Theirs is definely harder than ours from here on out. 13 of their next 16 is against CLE, OAK, and LAD. If we are behind them after that stretch then yes it will be hard, but we need to make a move on them over the next 2 weeks.
I get as heated as anyone when they give games away or fall into funks at the least opportune time, but I too was completely perplexed how someone could have actually looked at the schedule with any knowledge of the league and make the assessment that the OP did there.

The opponent winning percentage over the next 10 is .605 to .443; that's about as disparate as you can get in baseball.
Deluxe
AG
Despite some poor performances against subpar competition, I still think we look much better in Aug 2019 than we did in Aug 2017.

One thing to remember is that playing us is like the Super Bowl for teams like the White Sox. They have some young talented players who don't know how to maintain focus over a full 162, but they're gonna be focused when they play against the baseball Golden State Warriors. We get their best shot.

No worries in the long run. Bullpen will be alright. Hinch will just ride hot hands in Oct. The lights out versions of Harris, Press and Osuna weren't sustainable. We'll be alright though.
CFTXAG10
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 847 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.