***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,741 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Dirty Mike and the Boys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like pretty lol timing to ***** about run production after they scored like a million runs the past 2 games.
AstroAggie15
AG
W said:

the hitting coach can walk back to the hotel.

'stros have scored just 12 runs in 4 games vs. the horrible, horrible Orioles pitching staff

Stfu
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
win is a win, still a major league team
W
AG
c'mon now...the Yankees just scored 32 runs in 3 games vs. these guys earlier in the week
McInnis
AG
And they just scored two against the Blue Jays. That's baseball.
Harry Dunne
W said:

'stros have scored just 12 runs in 4 games vs. the horrible, horrible Orioles pitching staff
When earlier today you called for 30 runs this series because we are at full strength now & they are the lowly Orioles I wanted to reply, "that's not always the way it works," but didn't want to kill the buzz.

We may very well score 27 runs this weekend, but even the worst teams win 1 outta 3 on average and even the best teams crap the bed. Not a lot of fireworks, but solid pitching & I'm always happy scoring 1 more run than the other guys.
mazag08
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Seems like pretty lol timing to ***** about run production after they scored like a million runs the past 2 games.

Some of you guys take any comment as criticizing the team or cliff jumping.

It's not out of left field to point out that this team CAN be frustratingly inconsistent at times, especially with RISP. I'm not saying it's going to be the death of us, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of ones of these popping up.

And against the Yankees, it doesn't matter who we pitch, we need to score as many runs as possible because they WILL score runs.
Silent For Too Long
W said:

c'mon now...the Yankees just scored 32 runs in 3 games vs. these guys earlier in the week

Yeah, and they just scored 2 runs against the hapless BJs.

That's baseball, homie. Just enjoy the Ws.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
W said:

Yankees see these pitchers 19 times. It always helps a hitter to see a pitcher over and over again
Silent For Too Long
mazag08 said:

Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Some of you guys take any comment as criticizing the team or cliff jumping.

It's not out of left field to point out that this team CAN be frustratingly inconsistent at times, especially with RISP. I'm not saying it's going to be the death of us, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of ones of these popping up.

And against the Yankees, it doesn't matter who we pitch, we need to score as many runs as possible because they WILL score runs.

Or they won't. Which they do a lot. Because BASEBALL.

Also, they will be facing OUR pitching. Not the O's.

Every team has games where they flail with RISP and games where they get locked in.

Every Team. All of them. Since the beginning of baseball. That's how baseball works. The only reason you or anyone else is under the impression that we are more streaky then anyone else is because you dont watch 162 games a year of the other teams.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Quote:

Yankees see these pitchers 19 times. It always helps a hitter to see a pitcher over and over again
this
AggiEE
cap-n-jack said:

Don't want to hear Greinke *****ing about the shift anymore.

The shift is probably a lot better for power pitchers like Osuna, not slow contact pitchers like Grienke.
AggiEE
A little concerned about a Pressly. Isn't he normally a 98 mph fastball pitcher?

He only got to around 95 tonight and hardly threw it
Mr.Ackar07
mazag08 said:

Offensive nights like these are what are going to give me nightmares come playoff time. We tend to team slump randomly, and it's not even usually against good pitching.
So the trick to beating the Astros in a 7 game series is to pitch backwards with the worst arm on the staff? That would be a fun experiment.
redline248
AG
What *****ing has Grienke done about the shift? Since he's been in Houston?
Oyster DuPree
AG
7 in a row. Just checking in for my daily dose of "reality" and why I shouldn't be happy about another win. Really impressed with the guy who wants the hitting coach to walk home after today's game after the team scored a run in 11 out of 16 innings last series
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
In RE: Gardner getting ejected for saying nothing, I can't wait until the first guy refuses to leave the field. Bring me with the robot umps **** these arrogant ass umpires
Marvin
AG
Checked in... and we're complaining about a one-run win? Come on boys, pace yourselves. It's ok.

Enjoy the ride. This season is MAGICAL. Sniff some mushrooms or something. Damn.

(I might be drinking a bit)
Big Al 1992
AG
Just enjoy the win and Altuve doing Altuve things. Game saving RBI stand up triple. Clutch!
AustinCountyAg
Good thing about the Astros winning is it bring more posters out to join in on the discussion. Bad thing about Astros winning is it is brings a lot of people who don't know **** about baseball to join in on the discussion.

Just because the team is an offensive power doesn't mean they will score ten runs every game, even if you're playing a bottom dweller. The good guys won. That's what matters.
redline248
AG
I don't think W is the poster you should be calling out.
Frok
AG
The poster that made the comment has been around forever.
monarch
S
Tonight's game is over. What's the magic #?
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
I think I've posted in this thread like 10 times this year, because people such as yourself tend to overreact to small sample sizes and pile on people who point out that 162 games allows for a ton of variance. Tonight was one ****ing baseball game. One that they actually won. Don't quote me and call me out when I wasn't even responding to you in the first place. Also, maybe think about sample sizes before you post your dumb ass, half-baked rants.
Frok
AG
Don't drink and Texags
tjack16
AG
W said:

Didn't we just score 25 runs in 2 games against the Rockies?
monarch
S
Really. I don't care if we win the Sat & Sun games by 1-0 scores. Who cares? W's are W's.
Silent For Too Long
D-backs tie it up with LA with 2 runs top 9th.
Silent For Too Long
For all of you who are worried about Press, Osuna or Will, go take a gander at what Kenley Jensen has done for LA this year.

We could be much worse off.
Poot
D-Backs take the lead 3-2 heading into the bottom of the 11th.
AggiEE
Dodgers lose
Yankees lose
Astros win
W
AG
that's the trifecta for the hometown nine
iamtheglove
Great fireworks at the end of the dodgers d-backs game. Benches clear after the last out. D-backs closer screaming at dodgers bench. Dave Roberts going nuts on the d-backs SP. Should be an interesting couple of games upcoming.
AggiEE
iamtheglove said:

Great fireworks at the end of the dodgers d-backs game. Benches clear after the last out. D-backs closer screaming at dodgers bench. Dave Roberts going nuts on the d-backs SP. Should be an interesting couple of games upcoming.

Would love to see a replay of this, what caused it?
First Page Last Page
Page 808 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.