***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,878,288 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
n_touch said:

If anyone is up for it, RTIC is having a big sale right now on cases of cups. They have a new matte finish in Navy, Black and Gray that is really nice. I can put something together, since it is by the case we need to be in one color.
I might be in and I am sure some folks in my office would be too. Still getting compliments on my black Take It Back cup you did at the beginning of the season.
JDUB08AG
AG
Thought I heard Luhnow on 790 say Wednesday, but I may have heard incorrectly.
Ag_07
AG
I imagine since they were on the road they'll give him today to get shlt straight and just meet up with the team back home Friday.
. . .
n_touch
Any idea on color? I am thinking the gray. Its just different and looks really nice.

edit: I can put anything on them as well, just need enough to justify a case. So if anyone wants to venture to the Rangers thread and offer....well be safe
AustinCountyAg
n_touch said:

With shipping $20 each

In
AustinCountyAg
You have pics of cups/color?
Ag_07
AG
The gray looks sharp
Cartographer
Also interested in these cups!
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Bobby Jimbo said:

Please don't trade Tucker, Whitley, or Beer
Keeping 2 of 3 ain't bad.
CAR96
AG
Interested in cups?

Color and logo would be nice to see a mock up before purchase?
Ag_07
AG
Interesting insight from JL

Quote:

"We gave up four legitimate prospects that we were very excited about," Luhnow said. "To get a future Hall of Famer like Zack Greinke on our team for the next 2 1/2 years, we had to give up a lot of value, and it was painful. That's why it took so long. We were really resisting giving up all four of those guys and tried different permutations and different replacements, but at the end of the day, that's the deal they insisted on and that's the only deal that was going to get done. We ended up conceding at the last moment."
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

"We gave up four legitimate prospects that we were very excited about," Luhnow said. "To get a future Hall of Famer like Zack Greinke on our team for the next 2 1/2 years, we had to give up a lot of value, and it was painful. That's why it took so long. We were really resisting giving up all four of those guys and tried different permutations and different replacements, but at the end of the day, that's the deal they insisted on and that's the only deal that was going to get done. We ended up conceding at the last moment."

There is no doubt that the Dbacks got a haul. Beer especially I suspect is going to be a really good player.

I see bukauskus being a dominant reliever one day and Martin while injured is highly regarded.
Post removed:
by user
AgDC
Prosperdick
AG
We play at Milwaukee Sept 2-3, would be great if Grienke could pitch one of those games and get a nice bat in the lineup.
n_touch

not the best mock up. The gray matte is hard to simulate. If you have seen the Charcoal yeti it is just a little lighter.

here is a bottle engraved in Gray

Post removed:
by user
n_touch
yep
Mr.Bond
AG
N_touch did a orange stros multiple logo cup for me a few years ago. Came out awesome and use it daily
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Damn. That is pretty sharp.
Bulldog73
AG
I'd be really interested. Perfect world, since it's on TexAgs, one side would have the Astros, then the other could have an A&M logo. I don't care one way or the other about bevel.
Bregxit
AG
I'd be in for 1 or 2.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Frok
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

I'm happy Luhnow made the move. I think the hardest part of being a GM is debating between future and win now. It's so hard to know which prospects will truly pan out.

Post removed:
by user
Sea Gull
AG
In for one of the cups.
spadilly
S
Put me down for one RTIC cup as well.
YellAg2004
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I'd be really interested. Perfect world, since it's on TexAgs, one side would have the Astros, then the other could have an A&M logo. I don't care one way or the other about bevel.
JB12
AG
In for one of the RTIC cups!
Farmer1906
AG
How about this on the B side?

Marvin
AG
So the pitching spots seem like a case of musical chairs at the moment...

Active
Verlander
Miley
Cole
McHugh
Osuna
Harris
Devenski
Rondon
Smith
Urquidy
Sneed
Abreu

Sanchez, Biagini and Greinke are coming on board. Pressly, James and Peacock will be returning from the IL at some point, presumably. Obvious demotions would be Abreu, Sneed and Urquidy. So if the team keeps 12 pitchers, how will the other three spots be opened? If the team drops a position player (Straw, basically) and goes to 13 pitchers, room still has to be made for two spots. Would be easier with the expanded September roster, but that's a month away. Do they play the IL shuffle or waive/DFA someone?

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
n_touch
Couldn't do it justice. It would engrave flat
Marvin
AG
n_touch said:

Couldn't do it justice. It would engrave flat

Maybe that explains why I had a sudden craving for pancakes...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 745 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.