***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,869,249 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KC_Ag14 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Bum does not want an extension. He wants to be a free agent.
He essentially is one if he waives his no-trade clause and gets an extension with the trade. Still choosing where he wants to be.
"essentially" is not "actually"

astros4545
AG
MLB Network trade scenario from tv
W
AG
I'm going to take a texags-sized "I told you so" on the catcher acquisition. It's pretty obvious since June that something had to be done.

there's no way the Astros could go forward with a .450 OPS backup. Adios Stassi. Bring on Machete
bobinator
AG
Just as a warning, I'm going to be away from my desk and unable to look at my phone for about an hour starting at 1, so whatever is going to happen will happen during that time. I expect during by the time I get back we'll have traded Correa for Syndergaard or something insane.
W
AG
really like the way Luhnow has gotten rid of the dead bats on the bench.

the AL playoffs are going to be about pitching and slugging. Half the games will be slugfests. Maybe more. Gonna have to score a lot of runs
FtBendTxAg
AG
Stassi may be a good guy or whatever, but I cringed everytime he was in our lineup. Anyone that doesnt think this is a good move is insane.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Correa, Reddick for Thor. Bring up Tucker and Rojas

And I stress the...
n_touch
Also heard in Rockies clubhouse:

"I bet you $1000 dollars I can get this idiot reporter to run to twitter with something stupid:"
Farmer1906
AG
Yanks-DBacks talks for Ray are dead.
Buck Compton
AG
W said:

I'm going to take a texags-sized "I told you so" on the catcher acquisition. It's pretty obvious since June that something had to be done.

there's no way the Astros could go forward with a .450 OPS backup. Adios Stassi. Bring on Machete
Well now we have a back-up catcher who is still well below average offensively. Oh yeah, his defense also let us down when that's supposed to be his forte. His passed balls directly led to multiple runs scored in the ALCS.

I get the need for the move, and I hope it works out. We definitely couldn't count on Stassi at all. To be fair, it's not like we gave up anything we weren't already going to lose.

But he was flat trash last year in the playoffs. if you can't do offense, you better be able to clean that defense up.
Ag_07
AG
I really hope the Yankees get f'ed and don't add anyone
n_touch
not even Giles?
E
AG
We got a big upgrade at backup catcher for our scraps (sorry it had to be said like that Kemp)...
Ag_07
AG
He won't play during the playoffs.

He's simply and add to take pressure off Chorizo down the stretch and emergency during the playoffs.

BMac's injury woes threw him into a lot playoff PT last year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
E said:

There was a trade hypothetical proposed this morning on MLBN on their show with whitley going to the rockies for marquez. Likely joking based on that...
n_touch
anyone up for how many games in Chicago before Kemp makes a jumping catch and gets stuck in the Ivy?
Ag12thman
AG
So, what happens to Stassi? Down to AAA ?
Teddy Perkins
AG
It was Whitley AND Beer for Marquez. Marquez is under team control through 2024.
. . .
AggiEE
Can't believe people want to get rid of Tucker for a SP with 1-2 years of control

He's mashing near Alvarez levels in AAA. He will figure out MLB hitting

Imagine a mini Alvarez batting 8th in the lineup instead of Reddick
Bobby Jimbo
AG
E said:

Please be Jon Gray...
agsquirrel97
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

It was Whitley AND Beer for Marquez. Marquez is under team control through 2024.
we talking Karbach - Crawford Bock or just some regular domestic? I would be OK if we sent a case of the good stuff with Whitley to get that trade done.
agsquirrel97
AG
Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

not even Giles?
Giles has been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year. I don't want him in NYY.
mazag08
AG
Farmer1906 said:

n_touch said:

not even Giles?
Giles has been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year. I don't want him in NYY.
People forgot that all you have to do is close your eyes and power swing toward the middle of the plate.

He won't fool you.
Ag_07
AG
For TOR in games that don't mean shlt in front of fans and media who DGAF

Drop him NY in Yankee Stadium in a playoff game and watch the trainwreck
Charlie Conway
Giles has been pitching well in games that don't matter. The man has proven time and time again he can't keep it together when the pressure is on.
Farmer1906
AG
We said the same thing about Lidge and then to went and won a WS with Philly. Giles has good stuff. A change of scenery seems to have done him well. I'll stick with my original comment. He's been good and I don't want another plus arm in the Yanks bullpen.
Charlie Conway
Lidge never punched himself in the face after giving up a 3 run monster dong to gary sanchez in the 9th inning.
Ag_07
AG
True but Lidge was a far better pitcher than Giles.

Giles in NYY wouldn't scare me.

Now I'm worried they add Lance Lynn...Someone who has done really well against us.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AggiEE said:

Can't believe people want to get rid of Tucker for a SP with 1-2 years of control

He's mashing near Alvarez levels in AAA. He will figure out MLB hitting

Imagine a mini Alvarez batting 8th in the lineup instead of Reddick

What are you talking about, you don't know anything is like Toy Story 4's Trashy, he's TRAAAAAAAAASH! Sell him
Farmer1906
AG
Lance Lynn who we scored 4 on last time we faced him?

Edit: 4 on without Springer, Correa, Diaz and with Jake, Stassi, & Straw in the line up.
CFTXAG10
AG

Gramercy Riffs
AG
Just got a text saying the Stros got Wheeler, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Anyone?
Farmer1906
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Just got a text saying the Stros got Wheeler, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Anyone?
From who?
First Page Last Page
Page 724 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.