***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,917,202 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Granted Im only a HS football official, but 99 percent of the time it's never a good thing when people know your name as an official. These guys are trying to be bigger than the game. However I'll also say that society as a whole thinks they can talk or act however they want towards an official, who whether you like them or not they are an authoritative figure and deserve respect. It goes both ways

Respect is earned, not deserved just because of position of authority. And yes that goes both ways.
W
AG
let's see how slow this Cardinal pitcher is to the plate. It must be an organizational thing
Mathguy64
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Granted Im only a HS football official, but 99 percent of the time it's never a good thing when people know your name as an official. These guys are trying to be bigger than the game. However I'll also say that society as a whole thinks they can talk or act however they want towards an official, who whether you like them or not they are an authoritative figure and deserve respect. It goes both ways

I ref soccer in rec, club, adult and HS levels. It's a hard job and no fun to get yelled at by players or coaches when they perceive you made a mistake in judgement. You have to walk a fine line between letting them get it out of their system and actual dissent. We have one HS coach who has decided he's going to be familiar enough to call out a ref by name across the field where the spectators can hear it. He hasn't done it to me yet. If/when he does I'm sending him off straight away. My wife calls me by name. A coach doesn't get to do that where spectators can hear it and decide to chant it.
tjack16
AG
Here in center field. 2nd row next to the lawn
Kashchei
AG
DINGER
W
AG
oh my, mega-blast by George to start.

424 ft
bearkatag15
AG
Springer Dinger!!!

Wrong emoji obviously
Mathguy64
AG
Springer Dinger!!!
jetch17
AG
DING!
JABQ04
AG
I missed lead off Springer Dingers.
Mathguy64
AG
That was a rocket launch.
W
AG
24 HR & 61 RBI
Mr.Bond
AG
SPRINGA ****IN DINGA
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
Altuve, these pitches are in the opposite batters box. Don't need to swing at those
Mr.Bond
AG
dlance said:

Mr.Bond said:

Respect is earned, not deserved just because of position of authority. And yes that goes both ways.

To an extent maybe. But I as an authoritative position deserve the respect from a minor or coach from the get go. If a coach disagrees with me then we can have a conversation. But I'll NEVER allow a kid to talk down on me
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Altuve, these pitches are in the opposite batters box. Don't need to swing at those
I really wish he would tighten up his strike zone and have the discipline of Bregman. May K a bit more, but his OBP would be decently better.
W
AG
bloop single for Yordan
AggiEE
Man I thought Yordan hit that way harder than it ended up being.
JABQ04
AG
AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

I really wish he would tighten up his strike zone and have the discipline of Bregman. May K a bit more, but his OBP would be decently better.

I know it's been posted before, but I feel like he's too far from the plate in the box.

But then again he's an MVP and I'm on the couch.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Let's see if Carlos can hold up god end of the bloop and a blast combo

Nope.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Was away from the thread yesterday. Where is the smoke around Greinke to the Stros coming from?
6-4-3
AG
Umpiring is a hot, thankless and challenging job. At the MLB and MiLB level I don't have too much empathy for any abuse they take (within reason) because they are well paid and because of what is at stake for each player and organization. At the youth level I worry about the future and quality of umpires because I've seen some wacked out things at games that don't mean anything in the big picture.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mathguy64
AG
After the launch by George this guy went with lots of movement. No more straight fastballs
AggiEE
Teddy Perkins said:

Was away from the thread yesterday. Where is the smoke around Greinke to the Stros coming from?

Just that Diamondbacks have stated that they were putting him up on the market.

Stros are looking for another 1-2 with a few more years. Grienke fits that bill, the question is how much Arizona is willing to eat from his contract.

I think if we can get Grienke for 2 more years @ 20-25 million per season, that's a pretty solid deal for a bonafide Ace and is a cheaper option than what Cole may get on the market for a shorter term (more flexibility).

I think he's a good option for the right price and I don't think we'd need to give up Tucker or Whitley.

We are also not on his no-trade clause, so that means he has no leverage in a potential trade.
redline248
AG
JABQ04 said:

AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

I know it's been posted before, but I feel like he's too far from the plate in the box.

But then again he's an MVP and I'm on the couch.

Next AB, watch where his front foot ends up once he swings. He's not as far away as he starts
Kashchei
AG
Where was that??
bigjag19
AG
Gonna be one of those today.
bearkatag15
AG
Jalapina is so hot
Mathguy64
AG
That's going to be the #7 hitter tomorrow. What a lineup.
W
AG
Diaz hit again.

let's see what Stassi can do
Mathguy64
AG
I might be tempted to have Stassi sac bunt even with Miley next. It's likely to be more productive that having him swing.
bearkatag15
AG
Miley bunts next right?
Philip J Fry
AG
Just not a gidp. Anything else is acceptable
Kashchei
AG
Yeah, I prefer AL ball now...
First Page Last Page
Page 695 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.