***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

2,823,123 Views | 58774 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by aTm2004
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tempers flaring in the heat
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely a more fun night at the ballpark than last night. Lets take the series tomorrow
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rangers pitcher was a little *****... He was mad about his own mistake being smashed and was already barking at Laureano before he even had a chance to show him up. He had taken 2 steps before the Ranger was yelling at him.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looks to me like the A's player is jawing at the pitcher first.
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could you imagine:

WS Game 7. Greinke pitches a no hitter and cranks a homerun at Dodgers stadium, only this time the name on his jersey says "Houston".
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

It looks to me like the A's player is jawing at the pitcher first.


Yeah. Laureano was slowly walking and jawing and pointing at his bat. It looked like that's when Sampson told him to start running. Laureano walked 2/3 of the way to 1B. He earned whatever bruise he got.

I wonder if that was a carry over from yesterday?
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random comment on the Laureno homer, no idea if true
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
. . . said:




A little more context: Sampson gave up a jack to Canha when the A's played the Rangers in Arlington earlier in the year, and apparently Sampson didn't like how Canha admired it. Later in that game, he retired Laureano to end an inning and stepped on Laureano's bat purposefully as he walked off the field.

When Laureano jacked that homer tonight, he was telling Sampson "you gonna step on this one too? I'll leave it right here for you".


TLDR; Sampson is a thin skinned b, and fits in perfectly with the rangers
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

It looks to me like the A's player is jawing at the pitcher first.
True. I didn't see that one right. Laureano definitely instigated it this time.

That being said, what a stupid, meaningless thing to do walking off the field, to go out of your way to step on a bat (of the guy who didn't even show you up). Sampson fits in perfectly with the Rangers.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the Rangers' blue and Oakland's green look kind of ugly on the field together
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so Greinke would be under contract thru the 2021 season.

he's set to make $35 MM in 2020 and another $35 MM in 2021. Whoa.

AZ would have to kick in at least $10 MM per season and maybe $15 MM per season for the Astros to absorb that contract. And of course that means adios Cole.

I think AZ would still carry some of the luxury tax part of the payroll

titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

so Greinke would be under contract thru the 2021 season.

he's set to make $35 MM in 2020 and another $35 MM in 2021. Whoa.

AZ would have to kick in at least $10 MM per season and maybe $15 MM per season for the Astros to absorb that contract. And of course that means adios Cole.

I think AZ would still carry some of the luxury tax part of the payroll




It is indeed a hefty contract. But the more and better prospects the Dbacks get in return, the more of that Greinke contract money they'll be willing to eat.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What kind of idiot pitcher throws at a guy when down by only one with guys on base already?
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What kind of idiot pitcher throws at a guy when down by only one with guys on base already?


Ranger pitcher.
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dshedd14 said:




That interleague record
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Yeah, I know
http://houseofhouston.com/author/dshedd/
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rosenthal's comments of Astros in his piece in the Athletic this morning

Quote:

The Astros backed off Syndergaard partly because of their reluctance to lose Kyle Tucker, who looms as a piece of their future outfield with both Michael Brantley and Josh Reddick free agents after 2020.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really hope Tucker pans out how they are thinking.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now there is a report of the Mets trading for a DBacks pitcher and the Yankees all in on Stroman. I'm convinced 95% of all trade rumors involving the NY teams are just designed to keep those teams at the front of the media.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Designed to drive other teams into a panic move and overspend
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
n_touch said:

I really hope Tucker pans out how they are thinking.
Everyone compares him to Yelich. Of course if you go back five or six years you can find articles arguing if Jake or Jackie Bradley are better and projecting Jake to eventually be McCutchen lite.

It's scary either way. Scary thinking that we could pass on an ace SP for what might amount to an average MLB outfielder but also scary to think how much we'd hate it if we had traded Yordan. TBH I didn't really know who Yordan was a year ago and now I wouldn't want to trade him for any player in major-league baseball.
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

n_touch said:

I really hope Tucker pans out how they are thinking.
Everyone compares him to Yelich. Of course if you go back five or six years you can find articles arguing if Jake or Jackie Bradley are better and projecting Jake to eventually be McCutchen lite.

It's scary either way. Scary thinking that we could pass on an ace SP for what might amount to an average MLB outfielder but also scary to think how much we'd hate it if we had traded Yordan. TBH I didn't really know who Yordan was a year ago and now I wouldn't want to trade him for any player in major-league baseball.


Yep. It's a big gamble. It's why if you win just a few more trades than you lose you are elite.
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching E:60 with Jeremy Schapp and Sammy Sosa

Hilarious once Sammy got questioned about steroid use

bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Another it for NYY. Makes getting a starting pitcher even more important
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope whatever team they trade with uses their leverage and gets a shlt ton from the Yanks.

I'm so sick of them getting players for nothing
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
astros4545 said:

Watching E:60 with Jeremy Schapp and Sammy Sosa

Hilarious once Sammy got questioned about steroid use



Summary of this part?
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

I hope whatever team they trade with uses their leverage and gets a shlt ton from the Yanks.

I'm so sick of them getting players for nothing

Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjholley16 said:

Definitely a more fun night at the ballpark than last night. Lets take the series tomorrow


Here for the finale. Since you've been in town a couple of days, any food or good brew pub location you'd recommend near the stadium?
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

tjholley16 said:

Definitely a more fun night at the ballpark than last night. Lets take the series tomorrow


Here for the finale. Since you've been in town a couple of days, any food or good brew pub location you'd recommend near the stadium?


Check out Midwest live and cardinals nation. It's right behind the center field fence outside of the stadium. Great place to pregame ... has a college football type of atmosphere. You walk out and you're at the entrance gate to busch. If you want brewery... we went to morgan Street brewery for lunch yesterday. It's about 0.8 miles from busch. But Midwest live is the spot I'd go pregame
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bottom 1 in Washington. Young ump rings up Nats batter in a high strike. Guy barked but was walking back to dugout and gets tossed. So does manager.

Young umps are in the spotlight.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Granted Im only a HS football official, but 99 percent of the time it's never a good thing when people know your name as an official. These guys are trying to be bigger than the game. However I'll also say that society as a whole thinks they can talk or act however they want towards an official, who whether you like them or not they are an authoritative figure and deserve respect. It goes both ways
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sick of blue/zebras making it about them. You aren't bigger than the game, dude.
Page 694 of 1680