***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,887,692 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tempers flaring in the heat
tjack16
AG
Definitely a more fun night at the ballpark than last night. Lets take the series tomorrow
Buck Compton
AG
Rangers pitcher was a little *****... He was mad about his own mistake being smashed and was already barking at Laureano before he even had a chance to show him up. He had taken 2 steps before the Ranger was yelling at him.
redline248
AG
It looks to me like the A's player is jawing at the pitcher first.
titanmaster_race
Could you imagine:

WS Game 7. Greinke pitches a no hitter and cranks a homerun at Dodgers stadium, only this time the name on his jersey says "Houston".
Mathguy64
AG
redline248 said:

Yeah. Laureano was slowly walking and jawing and pointing at his bat. It looked like that's when Sampson told him to start running. Laureano walked 2/3 of the way to 1B. He earned whatever bruise he got.

I wonder if that was a carry over from yesterday?
redline248
AG
Random comment on the Laureno homer, no idea if true
titanmaster_race
. . . said:

A little more context: Sampson gave up a jack to Canha when the A's played the Rangers in Arlington earlier in the year, and apparently Sampson didn't like how Canha admired it. Later in that game, he retired Laureano to end an inning and stepped on Laureano's bat purposefully as he walked off the field.

When Laureano jacked that homer tonight, he was telling Sampson "you gonna step on this one too? I'll leave it right here for you".

TLDR; Sampson is a thin skinned b, and fits in perfectly with the rangers
Buck Compton
AG
redline248 said:

True. I didn't see that one right. Laureano definitely instigated it this time.

That being said, what a stupid, meaningless thing to do walking off the field, to go out of your way to step on a bat (of the guy who didn't even show you up). Sampson fits in perfectly with the Rangers.
W
AG
the Rangers' blue and Oakland's green look kind of ugly on the field together
W
AG
so Greinke would be under contract thru the 2021 season.

he's set to make $35 MM in 2020 and another $35 MM in 2021. Whoa.

AZ would have to kick in at least $10 MM per season and maybe $15 MM per season for the Astros to absorb that contract. And of course that means adios Cole.

I think AZ would still carry some of the luxury tax part of the payroll

titanmaster_race
W said:

so Greinke would be under contract thru the 2021 season.

he's set to make $35 MM in 2020 and another $35 MM in 2021. Whoa.

AZ would have to kick in at least $10 MM per season and maybe $15 MM per season for the Astros to absorb that contract. And of course that means adios Cole.

I think AZ would still carry some of the luxury tax part of the payroll

It is indeed a hefty contract. But the more and better prospects the Dbacks get in return, the more of that Greinke contract money they'll be willing to eat.
agdaddy04
AG
What kind of idiot pitcher throws at a guy when down by only one with guys on base already?
bigjag19
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What kind of idiot pitcher throws at a guy when down by only one with guys on base already?

Ranger pitcher.
Post removed:
by user
dshedd41
S
Yeah, I know
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
Rosenthal's comments of Astros in his piece in the Athletic this morning

Quote:

The Astros backed off Syndergaard partly because of their reluctance to lose Kyle Tucker, who looms as a piece of their future outfield with both Michael Brantley and Josh Reddick free agents after 2020.
n_touch
I really hope Tucker pans out how they are thinking.
Mathguy64
AG
Now there is a report of the Mets trading for a DBacks pitcher and the Yankees all in on Stroman. I'm convinced 95% of all trade rumors involving the NY teams are just designed to keep those teams at the front of the media.
redline248
AG
Designed to drive other teams into a panic move and overspend
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne
n_touch said:

Everyone compares him to Yelich. Of course if you go back five or six years you can find articles arguing if Jake or Jackie Bradley are better and projecting Jake to eventually be McCutchen lite.

It's scary either way. Scary thinking that we could pass on an ace SP for what might amount to an average MLB outfielder but also scary to think how much we'd hate it if we had traded Yordan. TBH I didn't really know who Yordan was a year ago and now I wouldn't want to trade him for any player in major-league baseball.
irish pete ag06
AG
Harry Dunne said:

n_touch said:

Everyone compares him to Yelich. Of course if you go back five or six years you can find articles arguing if Jake or Jackie Bradley are better and projecting Jake to eventually be McCutchen lite.

It's scary either way. Scary thinking that we could pass on an ace SP for what might amount to an average MLB outfielder but also scary to think how much we'd hate it if we had traded Yordan. TBH I didn't really know who Yordan was a year ago and now I wouldn't want to trade him for any player in major-league baseball.

Yep. It's a big gamble. It's why if you win just a few more trades than you lose you are elite.
astros4545
AG
Watching E:60 with Jeremy Schapp and Sammy Sosa

Hilarious once Sammy got questioned about steroid use

bearkatag15
AG

Another it for NYY. Makes getting a starting pitcher even more important
Ag_07
AG
I hope whatever team they trade with uses their leverage and gets a shlt ton from the Yanks.

I'm so sick of them getting players for nothing
ClickClack
AG
astros4545 said:

Watching E:60 with Jeremy Schapp and Sammy Sosa

Hilarious once Sammy got questioned about steroid use

Summary of this part?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

I hope whatever team they trade with uses their leverage and gets a shlt ton from the Yanks.

I'm so sick of them getting players for nothing

Marvin
AG
tjholley16 said:

Definitely a more fun night at the ballpark than last night. Lets take the series tomorrow

Here for the finale. Since you've been in town a couple of days, any food or good brew pub location you'd recommend near the stadium?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

tjholley16 said:

Here for the finale. Since you've been in town a couple of days, any food or good brew pub location you'd recommend near the stadium?

Check out Midwest live and cardinals nation. It's right behind the center field fence outside of the stadium. Great place to pregame ... has a college football type of atmosphere. You walk out and you're at the entrance gate to busch. If you want brewery... we went to morgan Street brewery for lunch yesterday. It's about 0.8 miles from busch. But Midwest live is the spot I'd go pregame
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mathguy64
AG
Bottom 1 in Washington. Young ump rings up Nats batter in a high strike. Guy barked but was walking back to dugout and gets tossed. So does manager.

Young umps are in the spotlight.
Mr.Bond
AG
Granted Im only a HS football official, but 99 percent of the time it's never a good thing when people know your name as an official. These guys are trying to be bigger than the game. However I'll also say that society as a whole thinks they can talk or act however they want towards an official, who whether you like them or not they are an authoritative figure and deserve respect. It goes both ways
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 694 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.