***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,882,645 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think he can or will spill much. I'm just saying he's doing something right to be picked up by them.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Marvin
AG
When you log on and see 53 new replies...

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
We really doing video tributes for Tyler White?
n_touch
Did he bang some wives on here or something?
spadilly
S
What will I remember most about Tyler White?

The one walkoff homer and all the strikeouts with RISP.
In no way is his Astros career tribute worthy.
Ag_07
AG
n_touch said:

Did he bang some wives on here or something?

No

He sucked. For the majority of his career he was damn near an automatic out.

Let's not act like we were begging for him to go and now he's gone get all sappy for him.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Dodgers probably hoping Tyler White can be another Max Muncy for them. Good luck
ontheedge
Kemp going somewhere and I'm surprised. Guess that's why them guys run the team and not us forum managers.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

n_touch
Just cause a collective group on here was begging for him to go doesn't mean that the Astros themselves were. They could have done it whenever they wanted yet they didn't, there is a reason for that. Yes he sucked, yes most wanted him gone, but to dog on them for maybe being upset they are losing a team mate, or saying farewell to a friend is a little absurd.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

TBH I think that's smart for the Mets. Thor would bring back a much much greater prospect haul and they can use what they would have paid him in arb the next two years to pay Wheeler.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

TBH I think that's smart for the Mets. Thor would bring back a much much greater prospect haul and they can use what they would have paid him in arb the next two years to pay Wheeler.
Could also be a sign that Wheeler hasn't fully recovered from his injury and they're looking to get a return of some kind. I agree, it's a smart move, which is a rarity for the Mets.
AgDoc03
AG
Prosperdick said:

n_touch said:

I know we all love to rag on the guy but he just went from one World Series contender to another. That is telling about him and something that not everyone is seeing. It may just be for intel and it may be that a different venue may work for him.

How much could he really spill to the Dodgers...he's not part of the pitcher's room discussing approaches and how much inside stuff could he provide them on our hitter's tendencies they didn't already know.

For this guy on your first pitch just throw it down the middle, he'll flinch every time...oh wait, forget it, that's me.

He could tell them Yuli is looking at the ball with 2 eyes now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

Ha, I'm pretty sure Yuli was doing that last time the Dodgers saw him.
rosco511
AG
n_touch said:

Just cause a collective group on here was begging for him to go doesn't mean that the Astros themselves were. They could have done it whenever they wanted yet they didn't, there is a reason for that. Yes he sucked, yes most wanted him gone, but to dog on them for maybe being upset they are losing a team mate, or saying farewell to a friend is a little absurd.

And it is still pretty rare and difficult for a 33rd round pick to actually make it to the majors, so I think that was a nice gesture by the Astros.
Ag_07
AG
n_touch said:

Oh I don't blame his teammates. I get that. I'm not dogging them.

I was referring to the response of his departure in this thread and was answering the question of 'Did he bang some wives in here'.

Yeah his teammates are probably lamenting his departure a bit but me as a fan am glad he's no longer in this lineup, hurting this team, and that we got something for him.

MAROON
AG
ontheedge said:

Kemp going somewhere and I'm surprised. Guess that's why them guys run the team and not us forum managers.
He plays middle infield and outfield and is a great clubhouse guy. Shows the ability to work counts and puts up competitive at bats. Not surprising.
ontheedge
MAROON said:

ontheedge said:

He plays middle infield and outfield and is a great clubhouse guy. Shows the ability to work counts and puts up competitive at bats. Not surprising.
Agreed except I'm still surprised because of the things you list. Hopefully they can work a trade with him. Hate to see him go.
03_Aggie
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

Ha, I'm pretty sure Yuli was doing that last time the Dodgers saw him.

Yeah but they are a different shape now. I think MLB told him he couldn't make his eyes look the way he did in the WS....
KC_Ag14
AG
As much as it sucks to see Tony DFA'd, gotta say it makes me feel pretty good we're about to be in a spot offensively to where that's the only/best option.
Agnzona
I hope Kemp gets a chance to play everyday. I think he can be a better than average player in the right situation.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

4:03pm: The Mets "want to move" Syndergaard in a trade, a rival evaluator tells ESPN.com's Buster Olney (Twitter link). The feeling amongst many outside evaluators is that the Mets are "fully intent" on dealing Syndergaard.
Farmer1906
AG
. . .
n_touch
He is a rental, Kemp + 25-30 prospect would be worth it
EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch said:

Thor has 2 years of control after this one. He's not a rental.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

No MadBum.
Farmer1906
AG
Top 30 Prospect: Whitey or Tucker

Solid Pieces: Kemp, Martin, & Uriquidy

Sounds good?
shano0603
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Whitley, Nova and Abreu?
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

No MadBum.
This is a mistake for SF. They have so many quality guys to trade and restart. I don't think they have enough in the tank to actually win anything this year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Top 30 Prospect: Whitey or Tucker

Solid Pieces: Kemp, Martin, & Uriquidy

Sounds good?

If that's really the cost, I don't see why the deal can't be done today.
The Milkman
AG
n_touch said:

Thor isnt a rental. Arbitration in 2020 and 2021, which wont be cheap, but its still team control
First Page Last Page
Page 677 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.