***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,874,634 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
YellAg2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about the game tonight, if Jake comes to the plate, does he wear one?

What if it's Bregman and/or Altuve?

What's the over/under on the number of times benches clear this series?
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Who is off base?
Anyone who thinks Correa is a realistic trade option.
Nevermind
n_touch
They should only go after Jake (which is a joke in itself if done). If they go after someone else then someone should throw at Ausmus. The only way the benches clear is if they more than one person in the series.
Texaggie7nine
The primary reason I do not want to trade Correa is that I have his jersey.
7nine
Farmer1906
AG
Thinking back there has been some wild trade options we passed on.

Remember when the Sox wanted Tucker, Martes, and Musgrove for Quintana? And before that, Bregman in a package for Sale? The trade that was agreed to but never happen for Britton (don't recall who we were giving up, but knew they wanted Tucker), but it ultimately led to us getting JV a month later.

Speaking on that trade Perez is still in high A (was terrible last year), Cameron has not been good in AAA, and Rogers did well in AA, but has been bad since moving to AAA. I am not sure a single one will end up a major leaguer.
Deluxe
AG
YellAg2004 said:

What if he wears Skaggs 45 on his jersey tonight as a tribute? No way the Angels could hit him then.
n_touch
Are you kidding? Ausmus still would. He's an idiot that could barely hit the broadside of a barn 75% of the time so now hes looking for others to do his bidding.
Deluxe
AG
He wasn't a good hitter but he's a smart guy
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/5-effects-of-new-mlb-trade-deadline

Quote:

5. Exceptions? Well, there are a couple
You knew this was coming, didn't you?
It's incorrect to say there will be no trades in August. Trades are permitted, but only if all players involved are signed to Minor League contracts and not on 40-man rosters. (Under the previous rules, such players did not need to pass through trade waivers in order change teams in August.)
This provision could have particular relevance to backup catchers. Drew Butera, currently at Triple-A with the Rockies, is a good example. He's played on two postseason teams, and he won a World Series ring with the Royals in 2015. He's regarded as a superb receiver and excellent clubhouse presence -- attributes that general managers will want if one of their Major League catchers suffers an August injury.
Then again, enterprising GMs could move quickly and pursue Butera (or a similar veteran backup) in July, in order to worry a little less about foul tips over the final two months of the regular season.

redline248
AG
No Trout, tonight?
n_touch
Per Webster idiot is a Stupid person. His statements after the collision completely reflect that, especially from someone that played that position.

Quote:

"It certainly didn't look like a clean play... It looked like Marisnick took a step to the left and bowled into him with his arm up. The call was right. MLB should probably take a look at it and consider some type of suspension quite frankly."
If it was not a clean play and Jake was trying to take him out, I seriously doubt he would have turned around to him like he did and had that look on his face. I am not saying he constantly stupid, but in this situation he is definitely acting like it.
Beat40
YellAg2004 said:

My thought - if they want to plunk Jake, go ahead and do it. Who cares if they show their immaturity? Jake knows what he was trying to do and that's good enough for me. Still, he will most likely get booed when he comes to bat in this series.

Now, if they try to retaliate by hitting one of our best players, as long as it doesn't hurt the guy, then I personally would just let it slide. Let them look like babies, we have much bigger fish to fry. If they do it and hurt our guy, then it's a completely different story.

I don't think the benches clear this series at all. The only way I see it is in this progression of events: another collision happens at home plate, Angels plunk one of our guys, we retaliate, Angels then want to fight.

W
AG
YellAg2004 said:

it's hard to say what might happen.

one thing we can say...gonna have to stay up late to see it. With both pitching staffs having major problems...these first 3 games (with 9pm central starts) are going past Midnight and maybe 1am easy.

some serious Astros-after-dark this week
Frok
AG
If they plunk one of our guys tonight we should just mow over the catcher again. Play hardball.
redline248
AG
Did I see that Lucroy was going on the IL with a fractured nose? Combine that with Lucroy saying he text Jake to say he gave him the outside (which is BS) and I think someone is gonna get plunked.

Which, in truth, will be hilarious after the display of compassion for Skaggs the other night. Let's hope they just let it go.
n_touch
Quote:

Combine that with Lucroy saying he text Jake to say he gave him the outside (which is BS) and I think someone is gonna get plunked.
He texted that to ESPN. He scared of Jake, did you not see the look on his face the last time Jake got a hold of him.
Ag_07
AG
I thought I read he's out for another month to have surgery on his nasal passage that was broken.

I think someone gets plunked. If it's not Jake then Chorizo should be ready for it.

I'd love to see George or Alex launch a dinger and throw a glance at Ausmus as they round third. He and Lucroy are acting like a couple bltches.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Jake should wear one for optics. He should stare down the pitcher. The pitcher should keep his mouth shut and it should be over.
Deluxe
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Jake should wear one for optics. He should stare down the pitcher. The pitcher should keep his mouth shut and it should be over.
That's kinda what I think. We don't need to be meatheads about this. If they wanna hit Jake, fine. Steal second and then score. They can have fun watching us on TV in October for the next 5-10 years.
irish pete ag06
AG
Whatever pitcher hits Jake better hope he doesn't charge. Dudes a 6-6 220 pound ball of fast twitch muscle. Probably would rank at or near the top of the list of Astros I wouldn't want to fight.
CSWendt
Can someone explain to me why we hate Brad Ausmus so much? Outside of his recent comments, I don't remember him being some unlikable player for us.
Beat40
irish pete ag06 said:

Whatever pitcher hits Jake better hope he doesn't charge. Dudes a 6-6 220 pound ball of fast twitch muscle. Probably would rank at or near the top of the list of Astros I wouldn't want to fight.
So, this begs the question, who do we think are real fighters versus fake fighters on the Astros?

I have to think Devo is a real fight. Feel like I could easily see him get into a bar brawl if it came to it. I'm not sure who else though.
Mookie
AG
Osuna
Deluxe
AG
CSWendt said:

Can someone explain to me why we hate Brad Ausmus so much? Outside of his recent comments, I don't remember him being some unlikable player for us.
I'm pretty sure we don't. I'll always remember Ausmus fondly. He was a big part of our successful pitching staffs of the mid 2000s. And the HR off Farnsworth is an Astros all timer.
Silent For Too Long
I honestly don't think anything extracurricular will happen.
Farmer1906
AG
I said this before. I do not want to start beef with LAA this year. I don't want to be the team that's going to war against a .500 type team who tragically lost a player.
Harry Dunne
Reddick I have to think is probably hiding a buck knife somewhere in his uniform.
Farmer1906
AG
Here is the correct answer.

6'5" 230#
Harry Dunne
Correa is one of the best fighters when he's healthy...

but I heard from a reliable source that he got a black eye today just thinking about that there might be a brawl.
MAROON
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Reddick I have to think is probably hiding a buck knife somewhere in his uniform.

Hell, I've seen Will Harris field dressing a deer in the bullpen
Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I could see him being the first one out of the dugout hauling ass to the mound as he stretches a lucha libre mask over his head.
W
AG
the problem with Ausmus...he was a GiDP machine --- a GIDP machine and then some.

in 2002 he posted a .675 OPS with 30 GiDP's. That's not a typo: 30 GIDP's.

that's unbelievably bad. And when your #7 or #8 hitter in the national league is doing that...he is forcing the pitcher to lead off the next inning. Instead of clearing the pitcher's spot
W
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I said this before. I do not want to start beef with LAA this year. I don't want to be the team that's going to war against a .500 type team who tragically lost a player.
also 14 games left vs. the Angels. It could go on for a while
YellAg2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

Harry Dunne said:

I could see him being the first one out of the dugout hauling ass to the mound as he stretches a lucha libre mask over his head.
While carrying a steel chair.
YellAg2004
AG
White will alternate between flinching and throwing huge uppercuts, none of which will connect.
First Page Last Page
Page 601 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.