***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,874,673 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Aggie8587
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
White is out of options so when Correa/Daz come back in a week or two, it'll likely be Kemp & Straw that get sent back to RR, essentially blocking Tucker until September unless the FO somehow gets another team to take White in a deal or they release him.

Am I reading that correctly?
AggiEE
I just wish there were ways to get Tucker consistent playing time somewhere but I don't really see an obvious path for that outside of scheduled rest days for Brantley or Reddick

I think he deserves some time to adjust to MLB pitching and not just be a September callup
R-Dog
AG
Kemp is out of options too...so you can't drop him without exposing him too.
R-Dog
AG
As long as we are in range for home field advantage, the front office is not going to do anything. What they want to do is just stay the course, wait for rosters to expand in September and leave dead weight like White off the playoff roster without having to give up his rights
CFTXAG10
AG
Agnzona
Is their trade value higher in season or in the off season?
agsquirrel97
AG
Agnzona said:

For a team all about analytics is the analytical staff on vacation?

It seems hitter by hitter and pitcher by pitcher that their weakness are pretty obvious and the Analytics should show it.

Also that same analytics should be able to point out the coaching decesions, that seem off this year.

Finally the GM job since the season started is obviously been unresponsive to the holes in the team.
In 2015 I started realizing Lunhow was special and in 2017 I started thinking he could be a once in a generation type talent. During the most recent offseason I was thinking he was screwing up, but after the first half performances by Miley, Chirinos, Diaz and Brantley, I realized yet again that he knows exactly what he is doing. He will make some mistakes and some players won't pan out from time to time, but if we were to grade him in analytical terms, he is a +20 WAR as a GM, and that may be a very conservative estimate. If his biggest gaffe is trying to get value out of Tyler White and holding on for too long, I will forgive him.

A person paid millions of dollars to GM a baseball team gave 32 year old Albert Pujols $240M to play baseball for another 10 years. Another GM gave Odor's brother $50M to bat below the Mendoza line. Both of those GM's are in our division, advantage Astros.

Yes, I want a better rotation and a deeper bullpen and tubby two chins off the roster, but will give Lunhow a lot of latitude, he has earned my trust. He assembled a team that can play above .500 with Altuve, Bregman, Correa and Diaz all out at the same time.

ETA: according to this article our worst current contract is Yuli, I'll take that

Worst Current Contacts ranked by team (2019)
Farmer1906
AG
What trade value?
Agnzona
Who knows, but I assume his worth to us is as a trade sweatner not as a principle? I see no point in keeping him to leave him off the playoff roster only to cut him before next year.
Jackal99
AG
Agnzona said:

Who knows, but I assume his worth to us is as a trade sweatner not as a principle? I see no point in keeping him to leave him off the playoff roster only to cut him before next year.

Yeah, he knows a few things about sweeteners.
Harry Dunne
Great post.

Even though everyone hates me for saying it and his results this year are embarrassing, this is why I think I'm right about White in the long run. If Luhnow thinks he has value then he has value regardless of the general Texags consensus.
agsquirrel97
AG
This is an Astros message board on an Aggie website, let's face it, we are like the Chernobyl Ice Cream shop, it is pretty much a given that we are going to melt down, we are just too jaded.

I get people's reactions. It is deep rooted BAS with a side of BAS.
Marvin
AG
O/U on homers allowed by Verlander today. Can't decide on 2.5 or 3 as the line... which probably means he won't give up even one. Let's hope.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Marvin
AG
Short rest?! He was sent to the showers in the first inning. I get the five day thing but come on.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Seeing as Framber will likely only go an inning or 2, isn't he the opener?

bearkatag15
AG
You have believe this is why McHugh hasn't been getting used. I wonder if he will start Tuesday
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Either that or armanteros gets called up.

Edit...never mind...

W
AG
Framber alert in Anaheim
W
AG
it's hard to believe that Tucker is trapped in the minor leagues until 2021 after getting 64 at-bats in the bigs last year. He has to be very frustrated
bearkatag15
AG
Might as well put Peacock on the 10 day DL and bring Sneed backup to start
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Might as well put Peacock on the 10 day DL and bring Sneed backup to start
He's already on the IL, so can't recall Sneed unless someone else jumps on it.
W
AG
it would be nice if the White Sox would show up to play in Oakland today.

the A's host the mediocre Mariners next
W
AG
earlier this season the Padres & Rockies set the MLB record for most combined runs scored in a 4-game series.

the Angels & Astros may get close to it this week
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG

Marvin
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

Rangers are using the stros like an old dishrag. Times they are a changing.

There's a thread for that comment, and this isn't it.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Does Luhnow know you don't have to wait until July 31 to make a trade if you have a need to fill now?
bearkatag15
AG
1st player to "steal 1st"

The Milkman
AG
Framber on short rest. Well there's a game I feel confident in
titanmaster_race
bearkatag15 said:

1st player to "steal 1st"

That's a dumb rule. I hope it doesn't make it to the bigs.
fullback44
AG
Come on Yordon... hit this one deep!
mwm
But can we take advantage?
jetch17
AG
Ball-riffic!
jetch17
AG
This pitchers a mess
First Page Last Page
Page 593 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.