***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,896,806 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

tamuwx said:

5 years 151 million contract? It was in the news.......

So when he making $30 million?

He's not. His current contract is 7 years $163mm.

Here is is annual pay for the remainder of the contract:

2019: $16.5mm
2020: $26mm
2021: $26mm
2022: $26mm
2023: $26mm
2024: $26mm

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/houston-astros/jose-altuve-8688/cash-earnings/
redline248
AG
If you round up he's getting 30 all those years!

/sarcasm
bearkatag15
AG
There are 70 games left on the season. Yordan has played 21 so far with 9 HRs. Let's assume he plays in 63 of the 70 remaining games to account for NL parks and random days off. That would put him at 27 HRs on the year.

Y'all taking the over or under on that?

Edit: I suck at math. It's 27 more HRs in the remaining 63 games. So it would be 36 total for the year.
CFTXAG10
AG
bearkatag15 said:

There are 70 games left on the season. Yordan has played 21 so far with 9 HRs. Let's assume he plays in 63 of the 70 remaining games to account for NL parks and random days off. That would put him at 27 HRs on the year.

This is a good question. I keep wondering if teams will adjust and find ways to work him. Then watch a game like last night and he says **** you and pulls out the 9 iron. I will take the under but not by much.
E
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Edit: I suck at math. It's 27 more HRs in the remaining 63 games. So it would be 36 total for the year.

Definitely taking the under. I'd love for the over, but pitching staffs will have more tape on him and he'll start to slow down.
tjack16
AG
I'd say Yordan ends up with about 23 HR and 65 RBI at season's end.

He will go through a slump like every player does, and pitchers will adjust. But those numbers will be really good for a rookie.
irish pete ag06
AG
redline248 said:

Some of y'all should stick to women's soccer if you can't handle losses over a 162 game season
irish pete ag06
AG
DVC2010 said:

W said:

my fear is that Hinch is so stubborn, he won't move Altuve down in the order.

can't have Yordan and Yuli hitting 5th & 6th with as hot as they are right now

The numbers indicate that batting order has almost no impact on the game's outcome.

bearkatag15
AG
I agree with that give or take 3-5 HRs. If he plays 63 more games he will have played in 84 on the season so about half a full season. Mid 20s HRs and 65ish RBI is pretty elite for a 22 year old.

Expectations will be extremely high for him next year.
irish pete ag06
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

bearkatag15 said:

This is a good question. I keep wondering if teams will adjust and find ways to work him. Then watch a game like last night and he says **** you and pulls out the 9 iron. I will take the under but not by much.

If he can continue to lay off the high heater he's gonna be incredible. That's the only spot that seems to be a slight weakness.
Ag_07
AG
redline248 said:

Some of y'all should stick to women's soccer if you can't handle losses over a 162 game season

You forget where you're at?
W
AG
Harry Dunne said:

W said:

and it looks like folks are coming around...to the realization that catcher is on Luhnow's trade deadline shopping list
Weren't you the "JT who?" guy like a month ago?
it may end up being a lose-lose for the Astros and the fading Phillies (47-44).

I think Chirinos can be okay for the playoffs, but he needs rest. The front office is wearing him out in large part because Stassi can't hit
W
AG
Chuck Gay said:

We look like a tired team and we are just off the all-star break. From Framber not getting out of the 1st inning last night to the all-around bullpen meltdown tonight, I'm definitely concerned about the pitching staff. We definitely have 4 better starters than Framber (once Peacock is back) but we have to find someone that can give us some innings in the 5th spot. I don't understand why Framber stayed up and Sneed was sent down.
and the Astros don't have a day off until July 25th.

btw...apparently Framber is starting again in Anaheim, because Sneed cannot be called up for 10 days (according to the Chronicle this morning)
bearkatag15
AG

Looks like Bregs is back in the lineup.
W
AG
in any sport you want to maximize at-bats or touches or carries or chances or shots for your best players
W
AG
at this moment Yordan leads the team in batting average, on-base %, slugging %...all the slash lines categories.

and he's up to 90 plate appearances
Marvin
AG
I really hope the Astros win tonight... the line in here for the cliffs looks to be getting long. Haha.
W
AG
and going back in Astros history...

what's happening with Yordan is reminiscent of when Roy Oswalt was called up in 2001.

he came up in May of that year and his first 8 appearances were out of the bullpen. Roy O. got his first start in June and beat the Dodgers. Then he beats the Twins, Rockies, and Brewers to finish the month.

by the end of July he was the ace of the staff
Harry Dunne
W said:

Harry Dunne said:

W said:

and it looks like folks are coming around...to the realization that catcher is on Luhnow's trade deadline shopping list
Weren't you the "JT who?" guy like a month ago?
it may end up being a lose-lose for the Astros and the fading Phillies (47-44).

I think Chirinos can be okay for the playoffs, but he needs rest. The front office is wearing him out in large part because Stassi can't hit
I agree with all of that, but Stassi has never been able to hit which is why I thought the "JT who?" take was silly.

If Tucker looks anything like Yordan then it was good we didn't make the trade but that has nothing to do with Chrinos, who was a nice pick up and started hot but is who we thought he was - a good platoon catcher. JT on the other hand is once again an all star who can play the majority of the season @ catcher giving you some of the best defense in the league along with offense that by the end of the season will be a significant upgrade on Chirinos.
DVC2010
AG
W said:

in any sport you want to maximize at-bats or touches or carries or chances or shots for your best players

That's true, which is why I said there is nearly no effect. Batters at the top of the lineup get between 0 and 1 additional plate appearance in the game. Compared to those at the bottom, but the impact is very small on average.
Frok
AG
redline248 said:

Somebody actually watched that?
fullback44
AG

Alright I took a break from the Stros thread ... I'm ready to see us get back to winning
fullback44
AG

And we get a 2 run bomb... nice hit Guri
The Milkman
AG
fullback44 said:

Want to take bets on the final score?
fullback44
AG
The Milkman said:

fullback44 said:

Want to take bets on the final score?

Lol... I just realized this is a replay.... I watched the last 2 innings last night ...

Marvin
AG
fullback44 said:

Play it off, hope he connects tonight, then bask in the adulation of calling your shot!
sts7049
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Jake from Rack Farm is back!
bearkatag15
AG
Cashner to Red Sox
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Cashner is the reason I quit baseball. Dude hit me in the ribs back to back with 85 mph FB.
Jackal99
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Cashner is the reason I quit baseball. Dude hit me in the ribs back to back with 85 mph FB.

Glory days, well they'll pass you by...
bearkatag15
AG

JABQ04
AG
sts7049 said:

Two months ago or whenever it was I wouldn't have believed this was possible. But now........I believe it.
First Page Last Page
Page 573 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.