***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,883,271 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Only down six seems a little close to be throwing White out there on the mound. I get it in a ten run game, but here's Hinch just waving the white flag too early again.
AgDoc03
AG
PSully97 said:

What happened to this guy?

All you can eat buffers and about 100 pounds
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Legit question. Does white play tomorrow...30+ pitches on that frame is a bunch. Plus he has played like the last 15 games. Straw at SS tomorrow?
bearkatag15
AG

Has to be another pitcher coming up
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

That is un-Astro like...he earns his way into the rotation and one bad putting gets you shipped out to AAA as soon as the game ends, ouch
Farmer1906
AG
cpsencik04 said:

bearkatag15 said:

That is un-Astro like...he earns his way into the rotation and one bad putting gets you shipped out to AAA as soon as the game ends, ouch

Two
bearkatag15
AG
It was 2 bad outings. His last start vs New York was bad too.
bearkatag15
AG

Brady Rogers is probably the move.

Edit: Nevermind won't be Rogers

Harry Dunne
What if I told you that we had a flamethrowing reliever in town with a 0.00 major league ERA?

That could also double as a pretty $h1tty backup catcher if necessary.
n_touch
Time for Felipe Paulino to come to the show?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Probably Cionel. Because of the off days coming up, we don't need a third starter till the day before the All Star break.
Mr.Bond
AG
Has it been 10 days since he went down
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Charlie Conway
this cycle of moving up and down bad pitchers is not promising
Kashchei
AG
Lunhow?

AggiEE
I look at our record and I'm happy to be where we are, but part of me wishes we weren't so stingy on starting pitching during the off-season.

CFM or DK would have really helped out with our number 5 starter woes.

Maybe Lunhow thought our young guys would materialize better, and if that gamble didn't pay off he could always nab someone in a trade before the deadline.

We've lost a decent chunk of our commanding lead pretty quickly which is concerning.
Faustus
PSully97 said:

When asked about the steal White said he grew up idolizing the Hamburglar.

Frustrating stretch.
TMACsDaMan
spadilly said:

Listened to most of this one on the radio.
I may be in the minority here, but Bill Brown is so much more enjoyable to listen to than Steve Sparks is.

Agree with this! However, it's probably nostalgia more than anything else. I remember him calling games on HSE! Bill Brown and Jim Deshaies were great together!
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Another of our young internally developed pitchers bites the dust
CSWendt
Stop being so sensitive and go actually compare Bregman's numbers this year from last year. All I'm saying is he hasn't been the same player in the clutch as he was last year. The numbers don't lie. Even if your emotions do.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Yep

We're cycling through young arms giving guys their shot and not one has worked out.

I'm really close to hitting the panic button when it comes to organizational pitching depth.

Throw in the fact that Cole, McHugh, and Miley could all be gone next season and we're in deep shlt when looking into the direct future. Controllable quality starting pitcher is a must get at the deadline and this offseason.
JABQ04
AG
Faustus said:

PSully97 said:

When asked about the steal White said he grew up idolizing the Hamburglar.

Frustrating stretch.

To be fair he did run on Hank Conger. I don't think he ever threw anyone out when he was ours. But he did one hell of a robot in the dug out thigh.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG

AustinCountyAg
So I ended up getting the family club level tickets for tomms game. T&P to whoever is sitting by us. If you see a great looking guy chasing two toddlers around please buy me a beer.
Ag_07
AG
Have fun!

My toddler loves going to games and when she sees them on tv she'll ask when we're going back.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

Have fun!

My toddler loves going to games and when she sees them on tv she'll ask when we're going back.

Same here. They lose their **** when they see orbit and the train go
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Yep

We're cycling through young arms giving guys their shot and not one has worked out.

I'm really close to hitting the panic button when it comes to organizational pitching depth.

Throw in the fact that Cole, McHugh, and Miley could all be gone next season and we're in deep shlt when looking into the direct future. Controllable quality starting pitcher is a must get at the deadline and this offseason.

It is worrisome. Not a single one has found enough success to stay. For the most part they have failed and failed big time. Also, no one aside Alvarez has done anything at the plate. I might add Straw in there though.

Hopefully the talent is sitting in the lower levels.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag_07
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Ag_07 said:

Have fun!

Same here. They lose their **** when they see orbit and the train go

Yes they do

Last game we went to was the Kemp extra inning walkoff against CLE earlier this season and she saw Orbit during pregame.

All game is was a constant 'Where's Orbit? Where's Orbit? Where Orbit?' in which we told her over and over over he's taking a nap. Now when she sees him on TV she says 'Orbit's back from his nap'

It can be a pain to go to games with kids but it is what you make it and overall we have a blast.
Beat40
Marvin said:

Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Yep

It is worrisome. Not a single one has found enough success to stay. For the most part they have failed and failed big time. Also, no one aside Alvarez has done anything at the plate. I might add Straw in there though.

Hopefully the talent is sitting in the lower levels.

I also do have concerns about pitching depth. But then we look around the minors, pitching has been pretty bad almost across the board this year. So the question is, is our organizational minor league pitching average across the minors, worse, or better?

As far as at the plate, I still think it's unfair to worry about Tucker too much.

Let's not forget the Astros absolutely hit on Springer, Bregman, Correa, and Springer in the past 5 years or so. That's pretty good. If we are comparing others to those guys, it's kind of an unfair standard.

As an organization, we're also at a point where we want to win now with the core we have, so we don't have time to let guys work things out. Maybe if we could play a guy 15 straight days once they come up like they have with Alvarez, we could start to see some of these guys show signs of life.

Just think we also have to remember sometimes it takes a guy more their first stint the the majors to stick around. Trout and Judge both sucked in their first stint and came back strong. One or two of these guys may do the same. Never know.
Beat40
The nap bit is awesome!

A couple of nights ago my daughter was running around the house yelling "Yordon Alvarez!" over and over.
gambochaman
AG
wtb pitching
bearkatag15
AG

Sneed confirmed
Ag_07
AG
So who's taking Framber's rotation spot?

Sneed, McHugh, James?
tremble
AG
What's going on with Whitley and Bukauskas this year?
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

So who's taking Framber's rotation spot?

Sneed, McHugh, James?
With the off days on Monday and Thursday, they can skip Framber's spot in the rotation until after the All Star Break. Gives Lunhow and Hinch time to figure out this mess.
First Page Last Page
Page 462 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.