***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,887,420 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
shano0603
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

shano0603 said:

bearkatag15 said:

good lord Rondon blows... leave his ass off the playoff roster please

He blows? He has been pretty solid all year. I forget a bullpen arm isn't allowed to give up any runs. Go back to predicting Tyler White is going to hit 30 homers again.
He still blows... thanks for playing though

I didn't get to watch the game. But the box score doesn't have him giving up a run. What did I miss?
Bregxit
AG
shano0603 said:

bearkatag15 said:

shano0603 said:

bearkatag15 said:

He blows? He has been pretty solid all year. I forget a bullpen arm isn't allowed to give up any runs. Go back to predicting Tyler White is going to hit 30 homers again.

I didn't get to watch the game. But the box score doesn't have him giving up a run. What did I miss?
He threw six straight balls to start his outing. Then got three outs. It was terrible.
shano0603
AG
dlance said:

shano0603 said:

bearkatag15 said:

shano0603 said:

bearkatag15 said:

He threw six straight balls to start his outing. Then got three outs. It was terrible.
Oh, so he put on one runner and then got out of the inning just fine. Clearly worth complaining about.

Astros have a bullpen era of 3.45. Imagine this board if we had a bullpen like Washington, who has a 6.33 era. Heads would explode.
Frok
AG
Quote:

Astros have a bullpen era of 3.45. Imagine this board if we had a bullpen like Washington, who has a 6.33 era. Heads would explode.

Rightfully so because we would suck.
Juan Solo
AG
No
07ag
AG
Was JV's velocity down last night? radar gun in the stadium was showing 93-95 for his 4 seam fastball
https://ts.la/eric59704
ChAg1799
AG
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but it's going to be hard to pitch around Yordan when the Astros have Correa, Springer and Altuve all back...

Can you see a line up like:
Springer
Tuve
Bregman
Brantley
Yordan
Correa
Pina
Chorinos
And Reddick

That's a damn good lineup
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
He had 15 strikeouts
Gave up a Crawford box freebie... I mean I get the hr angst but Jv was really good except for a few swings
ChAg1799
AG
He struck out 15...
Deluxe
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

He had 15 strikeouts
Gave up a Crawford box freebie... I mean I get the hr angst but Jv was really good except for a few swings
He didn't get the win though
BCSGrubber
AG
It showed lower for Cole when I was there a couple weeks ago as well. Then in his next start the gun on TV was back at his regular mph
Bregxit
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

He had 15 strikeouts
And let's not forget the Crawford Box dinger was a high fastball 6-8 inches outside that just got poked out there. It wasn't like JV left a meatball over the plate.
k20dub
AG
Cavan Biggio will be in town this weekend with Toronto. Wonder what kind of reception he will get. Extremely rare to have a hometown legend's son come to town as a visitor.
BigPuma
AG
That Toronto team is going to be filthy good if they can keep that core together.
RC_57
AG
k20dub said:

Cavan Biggio will be in town this weekend with Toronto.
We're going on Saturday.

Any idea who is scheduled to pitch for us that day?
Mathguy64
AG
The days off make it up in the air. Certainly Cole tomorrow. Saturday could be Frambeer or Miley on his regular rest.
ChAg1799
AG
I am going on Sunday... I'll be sure to let you know
astros4545
AG
So this twitter account is back
Still waiting on Altuve vs Boston

Deluxe
AG
Hinch needs to stop giving Yuli lineup cred. He's not a good hitter these days. Has no business in the cleanup spot when we are banged up and arguably shouldn't be in the lineup when we get back to full strength.

After he went 3/5 with a double and HR on Tuesday, I was thinking (hoping) maybe he was starting to it sorted out at the plate. But just looked at his last 7 game stats. Nope. .219/.194/.344. He's at .258/.286/.397 on the year. Not gonna cut it.

When we get back to full strength, Diaz needs to get some looks at 1B. Or give Brantley a look at 1B and open up a slot for one of our many outfielders who can play.
bearkatag15
AG

James' injury putting him on the DL?
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ag_07
AG
It's an off day so I got to thinking about what we would need to give up to add a starter.

I don't think we're gonna come close to an attractive enough package using White, Kemp, Fisher, Straw, Mayfield. If we want a decent #3 of a MadBum or Stroman caliber it's gonna take way more than any combo of them.

I think it's gonna take one MLB ready player, one high upside arm like Martin/Baukakus/Martes, and a lotto ticket or two. MadBum may be a different story because he's a rental and is mostly a salary dump so taking more money would lessen the prospect load.

Should be an interesting deadline because I fully expect us to make a significant move.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
Fisher over Mayfield?
bearkatag15
AG
Don't need 8 outfielders. Mayfield isn't good at the plate, but he is one of our only options at 2nd base or short stop behind Kemp and Bregman
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
MAROON
AG
n_touch said:

Fisher over Mayfield?

Fisher can't play SS OR 2B
W
AG
the tired bullpen is a consequence of the Astros' slow-playing injuries and Correa's idiocy. These recent extra inning games...don't go to extras with the regular lineup
spadilly
S
spadilly
S
spadilly
S
shano0603
AG
Our players wifed up some absolute dimes
spadilly
S
Bregxit
AG
shano0603 said:

Our players wifed up some absolute dimes
And McCullers landed his in high school!
Ags #1
AG
Not that hard to do when you make millions of dollars a year.
ClickClack
AG
New angle. Nice.
First Page Last Page
Page 393 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.