***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,914,925 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh my goodness...vintage Jake again
fullback44
AG

WOW ... Jake being Jake .. great catch once again
cap-n-jack
Dude just keeps making plays
CFTXAG10
AG
DAMN JAKE
MattJaxson
AG
I just expect those to be caught at this point. Doesn't make it any less amazing.
Kashchei
AG
We're so damn spoiled with Jake
W
AG
great to see this "opener" thing backfire on the Mariners.

LeBlanc has been terrific in relief. About to finish 8 innings
bigjag19
AG
This guy crushed us tonight. 1 run due to spectacular mental error.

Thanks Scott for the 1st inning.
cap-n-jack
No kidding. Why do teams even do that? Leblanc has been nails, they'd be winning this game if he'd have started.
AggiEE
Surprised to see Pressly out there.
W
AG
Pressly has gotten hit a little bit lately --- 2 loud outs in the 9th
bearkatag15
AG
Pressly has been getting lit up lately. Not great to see. Just a couple of long outs tonight at least
AggiEE
He's also been worked a ton. I think he needs a tad bit of a rest.
W
AG
make it 3 loud outs. Astros win
fullback44
AG

Great win

Time for bed...
MAROON
AG
Three scorched outs. Ryan needs some rest
cap-n-jack
Whoop!
W
AG
it's crazy...the 'stros win again...when based upon the AAA lineup it looks like they're trying to concede the game (almost)
Kashchei
AG
I love winning during Astros After Dark
astros4545
AG
cap-n-jack said:

No kidding. Why do teams even do that? Leblanc has been nails, they'd be winning this game if he'd have started.

Because it works
McInnis
AG
"it's crazy...the 'stros win again...when based upon the AAA lineup it looks like they're trying to concede the game (almost)"

Really. The Astro's recent wins make no sense. We all know that Hinch is really, really good at his job, but this is almost ridiculous.

Astros are now a crazy 39-15 since the first week of the season.
Marvin
AG
Safe at Home said:

"it's crazy...the 'stros win again...when based upon the AAA lineup it looks like they're trying to concede the game (almost)"

Really. The Astro's recent wins make no sense. We all know that Hinch is really, really good at his job, but this is almost ridiculous.

And 18-5 since Altuve went on the shelf, according to the broadcast.
W
AG
and a lot of games coming up vs. terrible teams.

the 2-game set with the Brewers should be fun
Kashchei
AG
Marvin said:

Safe at Home said:

Is Altuve dead? I hate this radio silence from the club about injuries.
jckrjr7
AG
He went through drills on the field before the game Monday. Sounds like he and Springer will be back in the next few weeks.
Post removed:
by user
jja79
AG
Outstanding college player. Grandfather played SS in the bigs for 16 years, mostly with the Cubs.
McInnis
AG
If the Astros were in the NBA they would be accused of trying to tank to get a better draft pick, and failing.
Frok
AG
Kashchei said:

Marvin said:

Safe at Home said:

Is Altuve dead? I hate this radio silence from the club about injuries.

It's just like last year. He was out for a couple months but any update they gave was that he was doing drills, hitting, and feeling good. Which was all bull.
Agnzona
Buck Compton said:

redline248 said:

Yeah, you're not making a decision on signing a player on draft day based on a prospect
Exactly. Some of you guys are nuts. You can't infer anything from this. It's like you WANT there to be drama or some secret domestic dispute reason for Correa's injury or something more than it is.

A second round draft pick (#68 overall) doesn't mean anything about resigning your former #1 overall with several ASG appearances. SS is typically your best infield athlete on a college team. You keep your farm stocked at every position.

The reason people want a secret reason for the injury is because they want to resign him. If it just turns out he is super fragile (that's Italian) then we almost certianly will not spend huge dollars on a guy that gets just 100 games a year. If his wife clocked him with a bat or he fell down the stairs while she was trying something she saw in Karma Sutra that lessons the worry.
BigPuma
AG
Agnzona said:

Buck Compton said:

redline248 said:

Yeah, you're not making a decision on signing a player on draft day based on a prospect
Exactly. Some of you guys are nuts. You can't infer anything from this. It's like you WANT there to be drama or some secret domestic dispute reason for Correa's injury or something more than it is.

A second round draft pick (#68 overall) doesn't mean anything about resigning your former #1 overall with several ASG appearances. SS is typically your best infield athlete on a college team. You keep your farm stocked at every position.

The reason people want a secret reason for the injury is because they want to resign him. If it just turns out he is super fragile (that's Italian) then we almost certianly will not spend huge dollars on a guy that gets just 100 games a year. If his wife clocked him with a bat or he fell down the stairs while she was trying something she saw in Karma Sutra that lessons the worry.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
He was the Yankees daddy for a while. It'll be weird to see him shaved and in pinstripes. I have a feeling he won't fair to well with the fans and media there.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He was the Yankees daddy for a while. It'll be weird to see him shaved and in pinstripes. I have a feeling he won't fair to well with the fans and media there.

Should be fun to watch!
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Should be fun to watch!
I'm not like yall. I enjoyed Dallas while he was an Astro. He's probably one of the best Astros pitchers of all time (in an Astro uni). If he signed with NYY then he's the enemy, and I want him to fail. But I'm not rooting for extra issue with media and fans. I just expect them based on the personalities.
First Page Last Page
Page 322 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.