***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,923,023 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JABQ04 said:

Cromagnum said:

Great game atmosphere at MMP last night. Very full and folks were very into the game. Loved that we booed Mookie Betts everytime he got up to bat and when he made a ****ty throw to 3rd and hit one of our runners in the thigh.

Did we boo? I must have sat in the Boson section and they were all saying "MooooooK". Seriously. A **** ton of Boston people were at the game last night.

I had a good conversation with a guy who flew in from Boston and is making he rounds of all ball parks. He was very complimentary of the team. I told him look forward o playing again for he ALCS. We both had the same mentality as long as is not the ****ing Yankees.

Maybe my ears were not so good. I was in lower deck near center field and could not discern "boooooo" vs "mooooook". I know I saw him look back at the stands a few time.
Alex Bregman
AG
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

It was a Giles like outing by Osuna, but we still won.
Do you think that if Giles had put 3 base runners on with his first three pitches he could have recovered and gotten through the rest of the inning?
Nope. He'd get pulled and punch himself in the face.
Marvin
AG
So after this homestand, the Astros have 4 games each against the Yankees and Brewers, and 3 games each against the Indians, Rays and Cardinals. All else is either division or .500-ish and below teams. Keep leaning on the pitching, get healthy and bring home another 100 win season.

On the other hand, several of the top AL teams have had cake schedules. Twins ((22nd), Rays (23rd), Red Sox (24th), Yankees (26th) and Indians (29th) have all played fluff...
Post removed:
by user
mwm
I love the fundamentals of the game. Like Reddick catching fly balls with two hands.
Mathguy64
AG
Crap. Diaz grabbed his hammy. Are these guys not stretching?????
Teddy Perkins
AG
Diaz hobbling into the dugout after scoring.
Harry Dunne
Diaz looked like he was in some discomfort there.
BurnHard Longer
Vasquez is so bad
Teddy Perkins
AG
BurnHard Longer said:

Vasquez is so bad
Harry Dunne
Kemp in @ 2b?
bearkatag15
AG

Looks like Yuli to 2nd
mwm
Diaz out.

Too many hammies to be a coincidence. What's up?
Harry Dunne
Makes sense w LHP
bullard21k
AG
I get the lefty/righty hinch stance but he just does not want to put kemp at second...it's strange some days.

Besides altuve he's the best second baseman on the roster
Mathguy64
AG
Altuve's rehab assignment is about to get cut short.
Harry Dunne
bullard21k said:

I get the lefty/righty hinch stance but he just does not want to put kemp at second...it's strange.

Besides altuve he's the best second baseman on the roster
Agree 100%. He's been struggling at the plate lately but he works counts, is solid in the field (at 2nd) and would start for half the teams in MLB.

Also in his career, granted it has not been a long one, he has hit lefties just as well as righties.
Mathguy64
AG
Watch him. Take advantage of watching every start he makes. JV is in a zone right now.
astros4545
AG
Harry Dunne
Congrats Caveman Bidge and all that, but take it to the Blue Jays thread.
AgDoc03
AG
astros4545 said:

That was a bomb!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgDoc03
AG
Here's puddin' aka rally killer, to let us all down
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
AG
And now your lead off hitter, the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.
Philip J Fry
AG
mwm said:

Diaz out.

Too many hammies to be a coincidence. What's up?

Just not stretching enough? I don't recall seeing 3 guys go down with hammies at the same time.
AgDoc03
AG
He hasn't tried to turn on something that quickly since last time he was offered a salad
Mathguy64
AG
Man, Cavan put that in the upper deck!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

BurnHard Longer said:

Vasquez is so bad

Is that really Vasquez?
AgDoc03
AG
Thanks for that half-ass atbat, fatty
Philip J Fry
AG
Harry Dunne said:

astros4545 said:

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way...congrats Caveman Bidge and all that, but from here on out, take it to the Blue Jays thread.

Yep.

You are.
bearkatag15
AG
Slam your bat down harder next time white. That will make you see the ball better and hit better
Teddy Perkins
AG
No, just an excuse to post the gif.
AgDoc03
AG
These dink hits are pissing me off!
Mathguy64
AG
Two infield choppers. grrrrrr.
AgDoc03
AG
Bregman says "try that double kick delivery again"
Mathguy64
AG
They get two choppers to 3B and end up getting two hits and a run out of it. We get one hit even slower and get an out and no run.
First Page Last Page
Page 269 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.