***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,869,619 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chirinos telling rat face to GTFO.
Mr.Bond
AG
Hinch......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mathguy64
AG
Whatever that pitch was that danced up there, that was dirty.
bearkatag15
AG
Taking out Brad now? WTF?
MAROON
AG
Peacock thought that was out #3
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
That last pitch from Peacock!
wangus12
AG
Geez let him finish the inning
JABQ04
AG
https://imgur.com/gallery/hq4RYSR
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

4 runs over the last 3 games. I'm not sure we'll have a worse offensive stretch all year long.

Well, let's hope this is the case.

Miley was about what I expected. We'll need to score some runs to win when he and Peacock take the mound.

Offense is scuffling, but at least it was in a place that the Astros already suck bottom. We got that torture chamber out of the way, so keep your chins up and let's take some more batting practice. I encourage Diaz to get in line multiple times over the next 24 hours.

Why do you say that about Peacock? The last 3 years he's kept his ERA in the low to mid 3s. Career he's got 4 ERA as a starter, but that's weighted down by early career struggles. He had a 3.22 as a starter in 2017 (largest recent sample size as a starter). Throw in he's developed a change up to counter lefties (his weakness) and I fully expect the best Peacock we've seen.

We've had the innings discussion regarding starters already, but my view is that Peacock will throw the fewest of our starters. We'll see, but he may not pitch many seventh innings. That would mean that in his starts we will see more middle relief. Those guys often have higher counts in earned runs. It follows that, by and large, we'll need to score "some" runs when he's pitching.

If not, then I look forward to being wrong!
6-2/3 of 2 hit ball. I'll take that every single time.
mwm
Sure wish we had more runs but Peacock was brilliant tonight.
Ag_07
AG
Peacock was studly tonight. Had that slider working
Harry Dunne
I love that there are so few Rangers fans there that you could hear the Astros fans giving Peacock an ovation as he walked off the mound.
Mathguy64
AG
Hinch comes out with Peacock and just takes the ball. He comes out with JV and gets sent back to his seat on his bucket.
Charlie Conway
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Chirinos was really stoked about that caught stealing. I get the feeling he's not a big fan of roughned odor's brother, roughned odor.
. . .
mwm
I hope Bannister is watching from some $49.99/night flea infested motel somewhere.
Deluxe
AG
Charlie Conway said:

His 69th career start tonight left me satisfied
JABQ04
AG
Thank you. I don't know what changed but I'm having hell posting gifs and pics.
mwm
That ball was smoked.
Frok
AG
If you get traded mid-season to a new city do you buy an apartment or just live in a hotel? The whole Chironos talk got me wondering
AgDoc03
AG
mwm said:

I hope Bannister is watching from some $49.99/night flea infested motel somewhere.
maybe he's with third coast?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

4 runs over the last 3 games. I'm not sure we'll have a worse offensive stretch all year long.

Miley was about what I expected. We'll need to score some runs to win when he and Peacock take the mound.

Offense is scuffling, but at least it was in a place that the Astros already suck bottom. We got that torture chamber out of the way, so keep your chins up and let's take some more batting practice. I encourage Diaz to get in line multiple times over the next 24 hours.

Why do you say that about Peacock? The last 3 years he's kept his ERA in the low to mid 3s. Career he's got 4 ERA as a starter, but that's weighted down by early career struggles. He had a 3.22 as a starter in 2017 (largest recent sample size as a starter). Throw in he's developed a change up to counter lefties (his weakness) and I fully expect the best Peacock we've seen.

We've had the innings discussion regarding starters already, but my view is that Peacock will throw the fewest of our starters. We'll see, but he may not pitch many seventh innings. That would mean that in his starts we will see more middle relief. Those guys often have higher counts in earned runs. It follows that, by and large, we'll need to score "some" runs when he's pitching.

Stating the obvious is obvious. Good job, kid.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sorry you were wrong about Peacock so far, buck-o.
Harry Dunne
I went to get a beer and I came back during the back to back to back HR commercial and thought it was live-action.
Mathguy64
AG
Must suck for a field player to get thrown out at 1B from RF.
PSully97
AG
JD Davis batting cleanup for the Mets tonight.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sorry you were wrong about Peacock so far, buck-o.

Yep, a great start. It's just one, but it was fantastic and I enjoyed every pitch. Let's hope the pen can close it out now.

I know bumping is your thing on here. Whatever, no worries.
bearkatag15
AG

Andujar probably out for season
Aggie Pharmer
AG
PSully97 said:

JD Davis batting cleanup for the Mets tonight.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Pinch hitting for your DH. Don't see that everyday
Harry Dunne
JD gonna hit about 40 doubles & 20 HR for the Mets this season mand become a nice little Luke Scott type late bloomer. He's a lot better than a lot of the experts on this forum think he is.
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Geez, Yankees are snakebit this year.
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I had to read that twice. First time I thought it said he tore his vag. And I thought, "well, he is a Yankee"
n_touch
Jake starting the year strong
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.