***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,944 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Twins rotation has stayed healthy and most of them are pitching much better than expected. That's the part I don't think will hold up. Odorizzi has been lights out, but he and the rest of those SP have historically been middle to back of the rotation guys.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
What do yall know about batting practice? Taking the day off work and going to the game on the 27th vs the Pirates which is a 110 start. I don't think they will let us watch the Astros BP, but how early do I need to get there to watch the Pirates and hopefully snag some dingers
Harry Dunne
Someone the other day was mentioning the owners experience tour, and for 200 bucks you can a tour plus get down on the field for batting practice I'd say that's well worth it.
Mathguy64
AG
Odorizzi is a bit of a stat fluke. He's way over performing his expectation. ERA of 1.92 but his xFIP is 4.19. That is pretty close to his career average but his career ERA is 3.8. His k/9IP is also way way up over his career value. Like from 8.5 to almost 10. He's also only going a bit over 5 IP per start. I would not be shocked to see him come down to earth in the second half.
n_touch
and shag balls?
Harry Dunne
Not sure if there is a carrier that would cover the Astros putting middle-aged men in the field while Bregman blasts 150 mph lasers at them, but at least you'd die happy.
agsquirrel97
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

What do yall know about batting practice? Taking the day off work and going to the game on the 27th vs the Pirates which is a 110 start. I don't think they will let us watch the Astros BP, but how early do I need to get there to watch the Pirates and hopefully snag some dingers
Gates typically open 3 hours prior to first pitch, you can catch Astros and Pirates BP.
Bregxit
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Not sure if there is a carrier that would cover the Astros putting middle-aged men in the field while Bregman blasts 150 mph lasers at them, but at least you'd die happy.

They do it every game for the Lexus Club. Not sure if shagging is part of the Owner's Experience Tour but it does say you get to be on the field for BP.
n_touch
Will be making a call tomorrow
W
AG
the Twins are a tough team to evaluate. In part because we saw the Indians (91-71) and several of their players put up awesome numbers in 78 games vs. the horrendous AL Central Division last year.

and then get utterly curbstomped in the ALDS.

if I had to pick a preferred ALDS opponent among the Twins, Yankees, and Rays...could not make a choice right now. Would probably lean toward Minnesota
Mathguy64
AG
Do not want to play TB. Because we can't hit in TB. Lights. A crappy stadium in general. Bad luck. Whatever the reason. That's not a place this team performs well. And in a short series you don't want to take any chances.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W said:

the Twins are a tough team to evaluate. In part because we saw the Indians (91-71) and several of their players put up awesome numbers in 78 games vs. the horrendous AL Central Division last year.

and then get utterly curbstomped in the ALDS.

if I had to pick a preferred ALDS opponent among the Twins, Yankees, and Rays...could not make a choice right now. Would probably lean toward Minnesota
We don't play well in the trop, plus seems like we don't play well in cold weather. Minnesota in October outdoors would be some tough games. Same would be true with NY, but not as bad. If they go on an Oakland-like run, the Rangers or Red Sox could be wild card contenders. Will be interesting to see how the WC plays out.
W
AG
a couple of good games tonight...

the aforementioned Rangers & Red Sox start a 4-game set at Fenway. Minor vs. Sale.

Charlie M. on the hill for Tampa at home vs. the A's
mwm
Quote: When the team is at full health, I think it will be hard for them to carry White.

I think it will be hard for anyone to "carry" White. The dude is a load.
spadilly
S
Marvin
AG
mwm said:

Quote: When the team is at full health, I think it will be hard for them to carry White.

I think it will be hard for anyone to "carry" White. The dude is a load.

Low hanging fruit (literally), but I still laughed.
Marvin
AG
Went over to the Rangers thread to see what was being discussed about this Sale-Minor matchup. Crickets. No post since this afternoon. Am I watching a rerun?!
Mathguy64
AG
They are between a rock and a hard place. To make the playoffs as a WC team they need to keep Minor and hope he performs like he has to date for the rest of the year. But he is at his most valuable as a trade piece right now. And the chance of them making the playoffs is pretty low. Most projections have them less than 5%.
Ag_07
AG
I wouldn't mind watching this TEX/BOS game but I can not listen to these broadcast guys for more than about 2/3 of an inning.

Fck it's brutal
Agnzona
Pence is very deadline tradeable too. My guess is they both are gone. Btw Red Socks leading 2-0.
mwm
Hint: hit the "mute" button & "watch" some baseball. It works for me.
maca1028
I watched game 5 today in it's entirety, minus commercials of course. Almost as suspenseful as it was watching live. Also, I forgot how all over the place the plate umpires strike zone was in that game.
Farmer1906
AG
Agnzona said:

Pence is very deadline tradeable too. My guess is they both are gone. Btw Red Socks leading 2-0.

I don't think Arlington will be looking to sell u less the wheels fall off very soon. That will only prolong their spot stuck in the middle of baseball Purgatory.
Agnzona
I think they are committed to the complete rebuild. Maybe the owner could step in and say no, let's rise a wild card team into the new stadium but all they talk is they are staying the course.
agsquirrel97
AG
Agnzona said:

I think they are committed to the complete rebuild. Maybe the owner could step in and say no, let's rise a wild card team into the new stadium but all they talk is they are staying the course.
I was told that a complete rebuild was cheating and the wrong way to do it. Our WS title is illegitimate, haven't you heard?
Marvin
AG
I think they're stuck. Or worse, will trade for help thinking they are close enough to go for it. That would be disaster, and I hope like hell it happens..
McInnis
AG
Charlie pitched 7 innings of two hit no run ball against the A's bringing his era down to 2.10. Could be the AL ASG starter?

And Keuchel also pitched 7 innings for Class A Rome (GA) giving up no runs and one hit. The article I read said he might start for the Braves after one more minor league assignment. I guess he really did keep himself in shape.
Buck Compton
AG
Safe at Home said:

Charlie pitched 7 innings of two hit no run ball against the A's bringing his era down to 2.10. Could be the AL ASG starter?

And Keuchel also pitched 7 innings for Class A Rome (GA) giving up no runs and one hit. The article I read said he might start for the Braves after one more minor league assignment. I guess he really did keep himself in shape.
Hard to read into a start against some A ball players by a former Cy Young winner.

I'm sure he stayed in arm shape, but A ball is so far removed from the bigs, it's not a good indicator. My guess is two more minor league starts before a big league start.
agsquirrel97
AG
Buck Compton said:

Safe at Home said:

Hard to read into a start against some A ball players by a former Cy Young winner.

I'm sure he stayed in arm shape, but A ball is so far removed from the bigs, it's not a good indicator. My guess is two more minor league starts before a big league start.
77 pitches, not a bad pitch total for a MiL assignment start. I am sure Braves fans will be happy with that.
redline248
AG
Buck Compton said:

Safe at Home said:

He negotiated that they call him up no later than the 18, which is next week. One minor league start, at best.
bearkatag15
AG
Musgrove got into a little scuffle with Josh Donaldson earlier and I found this pretty funny voice over video of the incident

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Pahdz
That is great does he so that for all dustups?

Also, would not fight Bell from PIT
irish pete ag06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Musgrove got into a little scuffle with Josh Donaldson earlier and I found this pretty funny voice over video of the incident

Thank you for this. That guy just got a hard follow from me. His breakdowns are phenomenal.

bearkatag15
AG
Was just about to post this one. Looking at his time line it looks like he has done about 100 of these breakdowns
bearkatag15
AG
Mets Rockies dust up the other day

First Page Last Page
Page 367 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.