***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,532 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

Mayfield coming up for Diaz
Why in the world would they do this? They will be swapping Diaz for Altuve from the roster/IL. Adding Mayfield (who has never played a single day in the majors) would mean someone else has to go down.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mayfield isn't on the 40 man roster so he either takes the last open spot or they move McCullers to the 60 day IL to open up another spot
TIL...

AJ Reed needs to be off the 40-man. He provides 0 value.
bearkatag15
AG
Thanks. That makes sense. Saw this too after I posted that

dshedd41
S
Article I wrote last night on Cavan Biggio

http://houseofhouston.com/2019/05/27/houston-astros-craig-biggio-cavan-biggio-legacy-lives/
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
These are some pretty horrific numbers vs Hamels

bearkatag15
AG

MLB debut and batting 6th
linkdude
AG
I think we pull a shocker and score 7 runs, no Memorial Day miracle necessary.
Mathguy64
AG
That's...er...um...yeah.
bearkatag15
AG
Hinch wins the handwriting award

bearkatag15
AG
Here is video of Seth Beer's 3 run HR for Corpus last night. Good looking swing

Buck Compton
AG
linkdude said:

I think we pull a shocker and score 7 runs, no Memorial Day miracle necessary.
I don't know, that sure looks like a loss to me. If they're not focused, that's a 5-9 with a lot of automatic outs...
gougler08
AG
Is Mayfield any good? Haven't really heard much about him
BurnHard Longer
Yeah, have heard almost nothing about mayfield, but there is zero reason to lose a year of control over someone like Tucker or Alvarez for a better option for a few games when we lead the div by 8 games in May
bearkatag15
AG
BurnHard Longer said:

Yeah, have heard almost nothing about mayfield, but there is zero reason to lose a year of control over someone like Tucker or Alvarez for a better option for a few games when we lead the div by 8 games in May

The A's are surging right now and have cut the lead to 6.5 games as of today with a weekend series vs them this weekend. Gaps can close pretty quickly. Just look at 2016
astros4545
AG
Kris Bryant and Jason Heyward both out for the Cubs
BurnHard Longer
bearkatag15 said:

BurnHard Longer said:

The A's are surging right now and have cut the lead to 6.5 games as of today with a weekend series vs them this weekend. Gaps can close pretty quickly. Just look at 2016

Still doesn't make any sense to lose a year of control.
bearkatag15
AG
For Alvarez this isn't about an extra year of control. It has 100% to do with an extra year of arbitration and saving about $15million. It's the same number of years of control
bullard21k
AG
I'm at a loss as to hinch hesitancy with playing kemp at second.

You've got 15 people laid up with injuries just called up multiple AAA that are only up here bc the better players are in limbo due to call up rules.

I mean until altuve is back why not just plug him in there daily so he at least gets daily PT over worse players?

He shakes things up I get that but I just find it somewhat odd
bearkatag15
AG

Mathguy64
AG
This Mayfield move just makes no sense to me unless there is something else with Altuve. If all Hinch needed was an extra bat off the bench they could have called up Straw for 2 days. That doesn't affect the 40 man and with Kemp, White, Yuli, CC and Bregs you have 5 IF and you are bringing up a guy who has some ML experience.
linkdude
AG
It might mean that Tyler White's time is getting short. If Mayfield can show anything at all at the plate, defensively he'd be worth more of a 40 man spot than great white.

Who knows with Luhnow, though.
texpert68
AG
At this point, I've convinced myself that Luhnow is a diehard in some sprint/acceleration statistic that Kemp must score off the charts on and that's why he only gets looks in the outfield to ensure his progression out there. Don't know what it is but there has to be data that clearly "shows" Kemp is an OF and not a 2B.
W
AG
the Cubs vs. the Round Rock Astros today
astros4545
AG
bullard21k said:

I'm at a loss as to hinch hesitancy with playing kemp at second.

You've got 15 people laid up with injuries just called up multiple AAA that are only up here bc the better players are in limbo due to call up rules.

I mean until altuve is back why not just plug him in there daily so he at least gets daily PT over worse players?

He shakes things up I get that but I just find it somewhat odd

I never understood the reluctance to play Preston Tucker at first base

Tony Kemp not playing infield in these circumstances is equally confusing

In regards to Preston T, I refuse to believe he wouldn't have been a better first baseman defensively than outfielder, considering both positions had no offensive talent at the time
bearkatag15
AG
Scheduled update

Mathguy64
AG
June 2 is one week from today. The teletubbie has one week to get his act together.
Mr.Bond
AG
Here we go Cole.......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
Sounds like a home game for the Cubs
Mr.Bond
AG
Once again...... ****ing Cole Train my ass
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

W
AG
why is a guy with a 98mph fastball leaving sliders over the middle of the plate?
Aggie8587
AG
Another 2-strike meatball from Cole resulting in a bomb. Seems like every game now
Teddy Perkins
AG
How many hammies we gonna pull today?
Gap
AG
Cole has that ERA at 4.32 and we are now a full 2 months into the season. I'm glad we extended Verlander in the off-season instead of giving Cole a fat deal. White takes a lot of grief on here, but Cole has been far more disappointing this year as he was expected to be an all-star and ace.
W
AG
he's making the Astros decision easy.

similar to Keuchel and Marwin last year
redline248
AG
Is the game on a national broadcast, or just att sports?
First Page Last Page
Page 272 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.