***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,491 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
1836er
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Guduan is not a good pitcher.
Which is a shame because for parts of last season he looked like a pretty good uan. Perhaps he just needs more time in our system to refine his craft.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Prosperdick
AG
dshedd14 said:

Henceforth to be named Neo McHugh.
McInnis
AG
The way Josh and Jake are swinging, I'm guessing that Great White will be losing ABs soon. As Bearkat sits idly by and does nothing to help.
AustinCountyAg
I ****ing love Bregman's hardass/cocky/balls out attitude.

Farmer1906
AG
New stats on fangraphs

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs/new-fangraphs-plus-stats/
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

New stats on fangraphs

I don't see a "rake" stat.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it at the bottom...

fRAKE+ = OPS + wRC + batting average - batting average + passes the "look" test + seems to be hitting well - whether or not he's a rookie
bobinator
AG
I've been moving so been watching the games on my phone but wanted to check in and say I love Alex Bregman.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
spadilly
S
SeanDaAg2005 said:

Why did they pinch hit for altuve?

I asked Chandler and here's his response:

Harry Dunne

Quote:

"That was an underassessment on our part.We had a feeling (Laureano) was going to be a pretty good big league player, but he's gotten off to a faster start in his career than we thought. So, yeah, he's one that I'd love to have back." - Jeff Luhnow
Why the Astros dealt Ramon Laureano

Even the wizard whiffs sometimes, but owns it well. It's hard to see where Laureano would fit in anyway when they are even trying to convert Straw to an infielder.

Ag_07
AG
This also happened yesterday

Farmer1906
AG
He's leading the Pacific Coast League in HRs, RBIs, and is 4th in OPS.
irish pete ag06
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

New stats on fangraphs

I don't see a "rake" stat.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it at the bottom...

fRAKE+ = OPS + wRC + batting average - batting average + passes the "look" test + seems to be hitting well - whether or not he's a rookie
+/- the angular geometry of the player's jawbone
Deluxe
AG
Don't mean to be technical stats geek guy, but angular geometry of jaw is included in the look test (fLC+) part of the formula.

fLC+ = jaw angular geometry + size of elbow pad(s) + sound of ball coming off the bat - gut size + whether or not he wears high socks
Ag_07
AG
Deluxe said:

Don't mean to be technical stats geek guy, but angular geometry of jaw is included in the look test (fLC+) part of the formula.

fLC+ = jaw angular geometry + size of elbow pad(s) + sound of ball coming off the bat - gut size + whether or not he wears high socks

Why does this stat single out Tyler White?
irish pete ag06
AG
Deluxe said:

May want to find a way to work in the looks of the girlfriend or spouse to get a confidence factor.
Deluxe
AG
From what I understand, bearkat was on the stat formulation committee
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Deluxe said:

May want to find a way to work in the looks of the girlfriend or spouse to get a confidence factor.
Wife/GF hand size is also critical.
Deluxe
AG
Hope Luhnow is reading this thread for the next level of baseball analytics
Ag_07
AG
Imagining this thread being behind something groundbreaking is hilarious.

I enjoy this place but we're dumb AF (yet still WAY smarter than the avg fan which is scary).
irish pete ag06
AG
Don't forget about the ass height factor. Best measured from the top of the pocket to ground. Look it up.
rosco511
AG
Deluxe said:

Have you seen most of the Astro wives/girlfriends? It is clear that Luhnow already has this included in the analytics.
Deluxe
AG
rosco511 said:

Deluxe said:

Have you seen most of the Astro wives/girlfriends? It is clear that Luhnow already has this included in the analytics.
That's a good point
Marvin
AG
Man, I'm sitting on a barstool and hope to see some baseball tonight. Took a beating from a customer today, my 24 year old college graduate daughter called needing even more money, and Premium is freaking the hell out over Woodward leaving. I'm liberally drinking and just might pass out before first pitch.

If I say anything rude later, please forgive me. Except Farmer, I'm sure he'll deserve it...

Marvin
titanmaster_race
Prosperdick said:

dshedd14 said:

McWhew
Marvin
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Prosperdick said:

dshedd14 said:

McWhew

Hahahahaha. I like that.
The Milkman
AG
Marvin said:

Man, I'm sitting on a barstool and hope to see some baseball tonight. Took a beating from a customer today, my 24 year old college graduate daughter called needing even more money, and Premium is freaking the hell out over Woodward leaving. I'm liberally drinking and just might pass out before first pitch.

If I say anything rude later, please forgive me. Except Farmer, I'm sure he'll deserve it...

Where you drinkin Marv
Marvin
AG
Summerwood area, but happy to relocate while I still can if any of you are up for a beverage or four...
. . .
Marvin
AG
I accidentally clicked on the Rangers season thread... it was like being buzzed while bar hopping and stepping into an empty dead hole in the wall. Yeesh.

Being 53, I haven't done that in several decades, but I remember the feeling. Happened into a south-of-the-border strip club one time. First and last time I ever shotgunned a Miller Lite, and it was not fast enough. But that's another story...
Marvin
AG
Speaking of regrettable memories, have you guys ever had a night at Minute Maid? It's only my second season on this thread, so excuse the semi-rookie question. If not, let's pick a date and make it happen. No more Napoleon Dynamite "well, we chat for three hours a night so it's getting pretty serious" or whatever that quote was. Let's get a thread night at the ballpark for the Astros Primos and watch some baseball!

• CFTXAg can show us his Rule 1 collection on this phone.
  • Deluxe can bore us with his rake stat.
  • Nuke can predict the latest abomination that will end the world.
  • Mazag08 can start a thread about it.
  • Bulldog78 can sit in the section over and watch us from afar.
  • iBrad can bring some trivia.
  • Bearkat can heckle Puddin without mercy in his best Randy Quaid impersonation.
  • Buck and I can ***** about whatever is pissing us off at the moment.
  • Spadilly can tweet out the interesting moments
  • Farmer can excuse himself to go jack off reading the latest FanGraphs data.
  • Milkman can offer unending encouragement.

Ok, sorry to have left anyone out, I lost focus at this point. But let's still do this!
astros4545
AG
A's are -108 ML favorites tonight

Kinda surprised
Deluxe
AG
I actually do think that would be pretty fun. Dibs on sitting next to CFTXAg.
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.