DK

5,062 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
SpiderFox15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Gio Gonzalez signed a minor league deal with the Yankees yesterday. What does Keuchel do at this point? A one year deal seems like all he can hope for...
W
AG
and how much of an April discount will he have to give? He likely won't be ready or at full effectiveness until May 1st now
Ag_07
AG
At this point he may as well wait it out until someone goes down with injury and he can get just the slightest bit of leverage.

Him and Boras really screwed the pooch trying to get a ridiculous deal.
MAROON
AG
Anyone who signs Dallas loses a draft pick to compensate the Astros. No one wants to lose a pick for a one year deal, but no one wants to sign him long-term either
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
W
AG
at some point the draft pick compensation goes away - right?
Buck Compton
AG
W said:

at some point the draft pick compensation goes away - right?
Only after the draft happens in June.

Also, my standard reminder: there is only one DK, and Keuchel ain't it.
BigPuma
AG
For those that don't know, You should know, the OG DK
ChAg1799
AG
He would be best served to a) resign with the Astros for the offered $17M for the next 2 seasons... or b) wait until 1/2 the season is underway and sign for $10-12M for one year with the team that loses their first #1 or #2 starter...

What a stupid decision to allow Boras to screw you over like this...
Ag_07
AG
ChAg1799 said:

a) resign with the Astros for the offered $17M for the next 2 seasons...

I doubt that offer still stands with the extensions given to Bregman and Verlander

He needs to sign somewhere on the most lucrative a 1 year deal and hit FA again next year without the draft compensation attached to him and a new agent.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

What a stupid decision to allow Boras to screw you over like this...
Well, he's from Oklahoma and went to college in Arkansas...
07ag
AG
what if keuchel just didn't want to go through spring training this year?
ChAg1799
AG
Who is he Roger Clemens with 6 cy youngs?...
. . .
Just an Ag
AG
https://www.ibtimes.com/yankees-rumors-dallas-keuchel-possibility-what-it-might-cost-new-york-sign-pitcher-2784285

Quote:

Yankees Rumors: Is Dallas Keuchel A Possibility? What It Might Cost New York To Sign The Pitcher
By Anthony Riccobono @tony_riccobono
04/09/19 AT 10:28 AM

The New York Yankees might need some help in the rotation with the news that Luis Severino seems to have suffered a setback with his rotator cuff injury. The right-hander is now set to get an MRI, possibly leaving the Yankees without their ace for even longer than they thought.
W
AG
it's been a great first month for Keuchel. Has not allowed an earned run. Or given up any hits or walks. Hard contact % = 0
DVC2010
AG
Yeah, but his ground ball rate is also way down.
. . .
. . .
. . .
Harry Dunne
Quote:

"This is not a me thing. This is for the greater good of baseball. This is for principle.

Why succumb to teams that think you're needy and you're willing to accept a lesser offer than your market value? It's all relative. If you're at work and you're killing your job, nine to five every day, and you get another offer that's less, why would you accept that offer?"
The Twins have reportedly shown interest in Keuchel, as well, while he has also been linked to the Brewers and Rays, amongst others.
"My asking price and my due diligence is not just out of left field," Keuchel said earlier this month. "It has come to me through my own career path, my own career numbers, and then what my market is valued at this point in time. To this point it hasn't been matched. It's been less than what it should be.
"And this is out of principle, what's going on right now. I can't speak for other players. It's a principle for me. I'm not asking for the world

What a whiner. And to pretend like he's doing this for the greater good! Crychel and the Yankees deserve each other.
Ag_07
AG
If he ends up close to $18M I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

If that ends up being the case then he could've accepted the QO and pitched an entire season and made the entire $17.9 instead of just the pro rated amount.

Every decision he's made dating back to rejecting the Astros multi-year offer after his Cy Young campaign has backfired in his face.
W
AG
Keuchel must be stubborn. It's been 3 days since the compensation pick baggage expired. Still nothing
diehard03
Quote:

Every decision he's made dating back to rejecting the Astros multi-year offer after his Cy Young campaign has backfired in his face.

To be fair, I think everyone is shocked that the free agent market has done what it's done in baseball the last few years.

I think there will be hell to pay in the next CBA.
W
AG
Keuchel may finally take the hill for the Braves on Saturday, June 21st ---- 2 weeks after he signed.

his first 3 starts could be against the Nationals, Cubs, and Phillies ---- a tough stretch to begin his 2019 season
Ag_07
AG
Dallas starting tomorrow

Should be interesting and I'll certainly be keeping up
W
AG
Keuchel went 5 innings. Gave up 8 hits and 3 earned. Took the loss to the Nats.

I didn't watch the game, so might have been a lot of soft contact on those hits.

next start should be at Wrigley on Wednesday
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.