Harper Deal - 13 years $330 million

12,850 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agdaddy04
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scd88 said:

htxag09 said:

tjack16 said:

He led them to a pennant and won an MVP with them in his contract so far.

I'd say it's been worth it. I also think there's a good shot they are back in the World Series soon with their core.
I definitely agree he's been worth it....now. But the thing of these 13 year contracts is it's almost never worth it towards the end. He has 9 years left. And he's not a smooth swinging slugger, imo. He has a violent ass swing. Who knows how long he can maintain that...

Harper had a UCL strain earlier in the year and went on the DL if I remember correctly. He can't throw so has been DHing since he came back. Not a new development. He can still hit but not play in the field.

Now we learn of Tommy John surgery for Harper? Yikes. That may be a consequence of the swing you referred to.

Harper had a UCL strain earlier in the year and went on the DL if I remember correctly. He can't throw so has been DHing since he came back. Not a new development. He can still hit but not play in the field.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just officially had TJ surgery. Probably out til June

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.