Baseball card collection

5,580 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by suburban cowboy
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Step 1: tell everyone their cards are worthless because they are too common, so their best bet is to just throw them away.
Step 2: hope a lot of people take your advice.
Step 3: wait 10 years for your cards to become more scarce.
Step 4: profit

2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Wicked Good Ag
I was a part time dealer in HS with a friend opening booths at card shows We figured out the system of Fleer cards to where we knew the pattern of cards in th cello packs. We were able to get tons of the bigger value cards and sell them for some better quality cards. It helped pay for college for two years before the bubble started to burst. Now my collection has only some Robin Yount and Bruce Sutter cards (my favorite players) and some handful of rookies slash stars worth not as much as in the 80s probably.
Miss those days.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Mine are all in a couple of boxes. Michaels has some wall displays that I use for Rangers, Aggies, and Nolan Ryan cards. I'll probably do a Cowboys one at some point.
kb2001
AG
I still have mine and a bunch of hockey cards also. My daughters enjoy them, and that's about all they're worth. Once you started getting several brands trying to create scarcity by limited printing and tons of others it was over for value

Still, ebay would be the way to go. It's only worth something if somebody else will pay for it, and if you're going to find that person it will probably be on ebay
suburban cowboy
AG
Had good times collecting cards and playing backyard baseball many summers with my best friend.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.