SIAP: Classic Beltre

2,038 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by _lefraud_
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I looked and didn't see it posted...

Shopping at JC Penny over the holidays with his family, stumbles into a commercial and the production crew has no idea who he is and they just go ahead and do it.

Harry Dunne
Looks like his kid is wearing the old shooting star Astros hat.
J.P. 03
AG
What in the world? How did nobody know?
wildcat08
AG
That's an awesome story, and indeed classic Beltre.
94chem
Maybe he could give the Rangers another year for Christmas...
PacifistAg
AG
He's the greatest and has easily surpassed Pudge as my most favorite Ranger of all time.

KT 90
AG
That's pretty good. And good on him to donate the gift to someone else.

mhayden
Woulda been a pretty awkward video if the guy with lifetime earnings close to a quarter of a billion dollars accepted a free Cuisinart.
94chem
free_mhayden said:

Woulda been a pretty awkward video if the guy with lifetime earnings close to a quarter of a billion dollars accepted a free Cuisinart.

Those things can be pretty pricey.

I can't, offhand, think of another athlete who spent well under half his career with a team and has the status that Beltre has with Ranger fans. Nolan was that way, but he arrived as a legend already.
PacifistAg
AG
94chem said:

free_mhayden said:

I can't, offhand, think of another athlete who spent well under half his career with a team and has the status that Beltre has with Ranger fans. Nolan was that way, but he arrived as a legend already.
I think it's due to 1) he spent more seasons w/ the Rangers than any other team 2) he went from very good player to a 1st ballot lock and all-time legend at 3B w/ the Rangers, and 3) it's not just Rangers fans with whom Beltre holds this status. He's universally loved across baseball.

That there's absolutely no suspicion w/ regards to the use of PEDs also helps. There's nothing to not love about Beltre.
powerbelly
AG
PacifistAg said:

94chem said:

free_mhayden said:

I think it's due to 1) he spent more seasons w/ the Rangers than any other team 2) he went from very good player to a 1st ballot lock and all-time legend at 3B w/ the Rangers, and 3) it's not just Rangers fans with whom Beltre holds this status. He's universally loved across baseball.

That there's absolutely no suspicion w/ regards to the use of PEDs also helps. There's nothing to not love about Beltre.
4. He was a guy who clearly loved the game and had fun out there. I don't think you can discount how much fans enjoy guys who love the game.
PacifistAg
AG
Very true. He looked like he had the joy of a little leaguer any time he stepped on the field. It was refreshing to watch.
BarryProfit
PacifistAg said:

94chem said:

free_mhayden said:

I'm not a rangers fan but I am a fan of beltre. That said I don't agree that there's been "no suspicion w/ regards to the use of PEDs".
_lefraud_
AG
Suspicion of PEDs is going to be true for almost every single player moving forward, especially if a drug like Adderall is considered "performance enhancing". Unfortunately, it's the world we live.

I'm a HUGE Mike Trout fan, but even I wondered if "he's on something" from time to time. Its not fair, but it's reality.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.