Tampa Bay Reducing Seating Capacity

2,090 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by txagman1998
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Seems like that team is going to have to be relocated. Do they go to Vegas? Would baseball ever actually do that?
The Milkman
AG
I've been hoping they would go to Nashville. I think they are worthy of being a 3 sport city. It would also keep them geographically close.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd thought about that as well. A move to Vegas would certainly require realignment of the divisions though maybe that would get the Astros and Rangers the hell out of the west division.
ORAggieFan
Portland is gearing up for a team. They have the site picked out and stadium plans already. Lots of financing in place.
The Milkman
AG
I figured they would be the top alternative for Oakland losing the A's?
Forum Troll
AG
Rays need to move the f outta there. That new outfielder was 100% right about the fans sucking. Also Tropicana Field is by far the worst park in the league.
Mr. White
San Antonio
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd think the Astros and Rangers would both do their level best to block that one.
jkag89
Mr. White said:

San Antonio
A number of other cities have a much better track record of supporting their minor league teams than San Antonio. For San Antonio to be a serious contender for a MLB team and for other owners to vote for such a move (keep in mind there is likely two automatic no votes from the Astros and Rangers) they need to step up in support of the Missions especially now that they are moving up to AAA starting this season. Also where would a team play? I know the Rangers have in the past played some spring training games at the Alamodome but as a long term option it seems like trading one less than optimal venue for the game for another.
WoMD
ORAggieFan said:

Portland is gearing up for a team. They have the site picked out and stadium plans already. Lots of financing in place.

Hipsters don't like sports. Unless it's trendy, like World Cup for a few weeks. Then it's considered ok to pretend to be excited.

Portland people suck. And yes, I live in a hipster neighborhood, sadly, which is pretty much all of Portland. Beautiful place, horrific people. A major league baseball team deserves better.

Nashville has my vote.
Not a Bot
AG
They support the heck out of their MLS team. Probably the best environment in the league.
DallasAg 94
Maybe they move the to Arlington and let them play in RBiA.
WoMD
Cactus Jack said:

They support the heck out of their MLS team. Probably the best environment in the league.

Soccer? I said they aren't sports fans but occasionally watch soccer, which really doesn't count. I stand by my observation of hipsters being worthless.
Kampfers
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Blazers are always well supported too. This genius has no clue.

As to the topic of the OP, the rays actually have a decent fan base but the stadium is inaccessible and a garbage experience. If they could get a stadium deal through then Tampa is a viable baseball market but since that is unfortunately not happening, it does appear relocation is the only way forward.
Front Range Ag
AG
Has there ever been any talk of a team going to Charlotte?
Harry Dunne
Quote:

"Portland, Las Vegas, Charlotte, Nashville in the United States, certainly Montreal, maybe Vancouver, in Canada. We think there's places in Mexico we could go over the long haul." - Rob Manfred, July 2018

Of course that was commenting on expansion not relocation, which would be a slightly different deal.
Frok
AG
I know it will mess up the current division alignment but I would rather them go west. There are plenty of teams in the east.
WES2006AG
AG
WoMD said:

ORAggieFan said:

Hipsters don't like sports. Unless it's trendy, like World Cup for a few weeks. Then it's considered ok to pretend to be excited.

Portland people suck. And yes, I live in a hipster neighborhood, sadly, which is pretty much all of Portland. Beautiful place, horrific people. A major league baseball team deserves better.

Nashville has my vote.
Blazers averaged almost 20k a game last year, but yea Portland hates sports.
BCSWguru
The NBA is terrible, so....
txagman1998
AG
https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/09/13/quebecs-main-parties-open-to-partnering-on-new-montreal-ballpark/

Move the Rays to Montreal, switch back to the Expos name, and flip divisions with the Miami Marlins. Easy peasy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.