rondon/astros

1,786 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
bicmitchum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
question for you baseball guys.hinch says he needs to get better at knowing when the hitters are sitting on a pitch.i thought the catcher called most of the pitches.so what is the pitcher/catcher dynamic in all this?
Philip J Fry
AG
Pitcher ultimately makes the decision for each pitch.
bicmitchum
I got it phillip but I still don't get it
AustinCountyAg
bicmitchum said:

I got it phillip but I still don't get it
not sure if trolling but I will bite just in case.......catcher wants a slider, pitcher doesn't want to throw it for whatever reason and shakes it off, so catcher concedes and puts down a different pitch that the pitcher wants to throw and pitcher then throws that pitch.....result is a homerun. pitcher should've listened to catcher.

or vice versa and pitcher shakes off catcher to throw something different and strikes the dude out.
Ag_07
AG
OP has obviously never seen Bull Durham

Bregxit
AG
Do you think Hector is wanting to announce his presence with authority?
TMartin
Starting to look like Giles with heat straight down the middle.
bicmitchum
not trolling at all. ive seen bull durham. don't remember the scene.not a hardcore baseball fan but watched a long time ,starting with the buffs.just didn't quite understand the comments from the coach.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Also part of the coaching staffs responsibilities to watch the trends of the game, like them sitting on the fastball, and discuss with the battery so they can adjust. The battery is focused on 1 batter at a time with a game plan created by the staff and battery together. Rondon doesn't get the luxury of several innings to figure it out, like a starter would.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.