Dodger Stadium and AT&T Park

1,948 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WoMD
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm following the Astros to LA and SF this week and looking for suggestions for bars and places to go around the stadiums for pre- and post-game

TIA
BCSWguru
Dodgers fans are the worst, especially in the bleachers. Prepare for the **** talking.
Dallasag02
AG
You won't find much around Dodger Stadium, its surrounded by a sea of parking. Like the rest of LA, it's not very pedestrian friendly so be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get into the park with LA traffic. That said, it's one of my 4-5 favorite parks to watch a game once you're inside. Hard to believe it's the third oldest park in baseball but it is. Given how old it is, the design of the park is pretty forward thinking. Just be sure to sit somewhere between the foul poles, not in the outfield bleachers.

There are lots of places around AT&T Park, sort of depends on which direction you're coming from. We just ducked into one of the bars near home plate (Polo Grounds maybe?) last time I was there, but we got inside the park pretty early there too both times I've been. It's a good one to wander around, see McCovey Cove, etc.

Both of those parks are good for arriving early. Depending on your seats, the views over the outfield at both places are pretty great.

Great trip, you'll have a blast!
Kyle98
AG
We hit 21st Amendment Brewery before we went to a game at AT&T a few years ago. It's right down the street. Pretty good beer. It was pretty packed, though.
Ag_07
AG
Headed to ATT Park Tues for the afternoon game

Any tips on what to eat in the park?
WoMD
Ag_07 said:

Headed to ATT Park Tues for the afternoon game

Any tips on what to eat in the park?

The standard answer is garlic fries.

But it's really hard to go wrong honestly, food options there are some of the best of any stadium. Ive been wanting to try the crab melt sandwich, it looks amazing when they show it on tv.
Harry Dunne
Dallasag02 said:

You won't find much around Dodger Stadium, its surrounded by a sea of parking. Like the rest of LA, it's not very pedestrian friendly so be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get into the park with LA traffic. That said, it's one of my 4-5 favorite parks to watch a game once you're inside. Hard to believe it's the third oldest park in baseball but it is. Given how old it is, the design of the park is pretty forward thinking. Just be sure to sit somewhere between the foul poles, not in the outfield bleachers.

There are lots of places around AT&T Park, sort of depends on which direction you're coming from. We just ducked into one of the bars near home plate (Polo Grounds maybe?) last time I was there, but we got inside the park pretty early there too both times I've been. It's a good one to wander around, see McCovey Cove, etc.

Both of those parks are good for arriving early. Depending on your seats, the views over the outfield at both places are pretty great.

Pro tip, for a lot of reasons.

I worked near there for a bit and got to go to a few games. There is a $5 (as of 2015) lot at the outer edges of parking (Lot 13) that isn't a bad walk and helps you get out faster as you won't be fighting as much traffic.
WoMD
Harry Dunne said:

Dallasag02 said:

YYou won't find much around Dodger Stadium, its surrounded by a sea of parking. Like the rest of LA, it's not very pedestrian friendly so be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get into the park with LA traffic. That said, it's one of my 4-5 favorite parks to watch a game once you're inside. Hard to believe it's the third oldest park in baseball but it is. Given how old it is, the design of the park is pretty forward thinking. Just be sure to sit somewhere between the foul poles, not in the outfield bleachers.

Pro tip, for a lot of reasons.

I worked near there for a bit and got to go to a few games. There is a $5 (as of 2015) lot at the outer edges of parking (Lot 13) that isn't a bad walk and helps you get out faster as you won't be fighting as much traffic.

Official parking? When I was there (dodger stadium) last month parking was $50 for close parking and something like $35 for the lot ten miles away. If you prepay I think it drops to $25. It made ubering from Long Beach downright reasonable...

Or were you talking about at&t?
Harry Dunne
Sorry I missed this...I was talking about Dodger Stadium, lot 13, bottom of map on stadium way.

jetch17
AG
we parked in 13 for the World Series last year and it worked out great, actually.

We also sat in the bleachers, though. Which turned out to be sh*t eating grin fun. Luckily no stab wounds, especially on the walk BACK to lot 13
WoMD
Wow, I had no idea about that option. Good to know.

Lots of fun at the game I went to, but I honestly feared for the wellbeing of the Cubs fans after the game. I've never seen such violent and hateful fans (after a win mind you). Funny enough, I almost accidentally wore a Giants shirt to the game (I wasn't paying attention to what I put on that morning)...

I would likely be dead today if I hadn't realized beforehand and changed into a previously worn Aggie shirt I had in the luggage. At a minimum probably beat to **** while waiting for my Uber.
jetch17
AG
Try full astros gear after winning the WS

they were actually semi-coridial as I had learned to just ignore "F*** you houston" by that point
WoMD
Speaking of...why were you guys so mean to the Giants this week? I was at the Tuesday game, couldn't you at least give us that one? Maybe we should stop keeping score to be more fair.
jkag89
WoMD said:

Speaking of...why were you guys so mean to the Giants this week? I was at the Tuesday game, couldn't you at least give us that one? Maybe we should stop keeping score to be more fair.
If the Astros win two (or more) WS in the next four seasons I might have some sympathy for the Giants.
WoMD
jkag89 said:

WoMD said:

If the Astros win two (or more) WS in the next four seasons I might have some sympathy for the Giants.

You can have odd years. We don't like those anyway.

You still don't have to be mean. We're sensitive...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.