Trade Correa?

8,014 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TonySoprano
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love Correa and he's really talented, but the guy just seems to be pretty injury-prone. If we move any of our stars, I'd rather it be him.
Harry Dunne
On the Astros thread, folks got pretty sensitive when I suggested he was injury prone, but he has had 3 major injuries in the past 5 seasons and a bunch of minor stuff.

Bottom line is he's not getting traded, even if healthy as a horse, as long as he continues playing at this level and the Astros are contending for championships. Now that there is the possible knock of being injury-prone, I doubt anyone would trade back more than what he is currently worth to the team.
aTm2004
AG
Ag12thman said:

I love Correa and he's really talented, but the guy just seems to be pretty injury-prone. If we move any of our stars, I'd rather it be him.
Is he really injury prone or is it the staff taking extra precautions with minor things because they can? The thumb thing is legit, but he came back pretty quickly from that IIRC.
Johnny Armstrong
That's the glory of being so good though. If we were a middle of the pack fighting for a playoff spot he'd probably play through it. But we can afford to be as patient as possible with him
Ag_07
AG
I'm not so sure that's the case with this latest back.

Just last week he was sleeping on the floor because of his back pain.

And I'm not ready to call him injury prone. It's concerning but not yet to the point that he deserves to carry that label.
Harry Dunne
aTm2004 said:

Ag12thman said:

Is he really injury prone or is it the staff taking extra precautions with minor things because they can? The thumb thing is legit, but he came back pretty quickly from that IIRC.
He has missed 50+ games in '14 and '17 and good chance of that again this year, it would seem. So that's more often than not in the last 5 years.

He could be Cal Ripken the rest of his career, but I would not want to have to pay him top dollar right now for a long contract and the Astros are lucky they still have more time to determine whether it's bad luck or he's brittle.
alvtimes
KC_Ag14 said:

Curious to see what the baseball fans, particularly fellow Astros fans, think of this. Found myself thinking about what the next step is for the organization in a couple years when contracts are up and they can't afford to sign everyone. I kept coming back to the idea of trading Correa.

Hear me out. I love Correa. I think he's a great player and is a pivotal part to the Astros growth into a championship franchise. I'm thinking of this totally from a baseball business standpoint. With Correa being a #1 overall pick, I think a lot of the consensus about him was that he was a generational talent similar to A-Rod. At this point in his career, A-Rod had already shown us he was on track to be just that. I don't think I can say the same for Carlos. I think he is a very good player. A hard working, team first guy who I love having on the team. But in my opinion, his value will never be higher than what it is now or next year. He's going to want a boatload of money, and the Stros have Bregman who could slide over and play short. Maybe you get a top notch young corner infielder and starting pitching prospect back for him.

Just wanting to stir up conversation and see what y'all thought! Am I nuts???
alvtimes
Damn....so im not laughing at your thought... cause I love player personel convos but without seeing Correa this weekend (Altuve also) , im not sure Astros are prepared to move on without Correa.... and continue at a high level. In will always contend that mlb teams should pay their high end pitchers .... and a couple of position players.... and fill rest of roster with parts.... the trick is figuring out with position player are worth the big $$$ contract
bicmitchum
so what is his career b/a ,hr avg, rbi avg.he seems to be very good defensively
TMartin
Guys with back injuries ...........
W
AG
kind of the bottomline...2018 is the worst season (at the plate) in Correa's 4 seasons in the bigs.

clearly trending in the wrong direction offensively across the board
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Alvarado Times said:

Damn....so im not laughing at your thought... cause I love player personel convos but without seeing Correa this weekend (Altuve also) , im not sure Astros are prepared to move on without Correa.... and continue at a high level. In will always contend that mlb teams should pay their high end pitchers .... and a couple of position players.... and fill rest of roster with parts.... the trick is figuring out with position player are worth the big $$$ contract

Altuve and Bregman.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
65532ag
And springer.
TonySoprano
Im kind of late to this party but I would be down for a Correa trade in order to pay a Bregman or Springer. Bregman so far in his career has been more deserving of a Number 1 pick. The craziest part of my take on this is Kris bryant won't sign long term to the Cubs. Obviously money would be tough but signing Bryant and extending Bregman would make us contenders for years to come. Obviously Highly unlikely but just something to thing about. Correa for Bryant
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.