Coors Field, worth the trip?

9 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Satellite of Love
jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We will be visiting Colorado in a few weeks. Is it worth a pit stop in Denver to go to a game one night? I hear it is beautiful.
TXAggie2011
AG
Yes, it definitely is. Terrific ballpark in a good downtown. Good amenities inside and there are some good bars nearby. Good place to take a pit stop and relax.
lead
Great grass there.
Hershey97
Was there last week, saw day game against the Mets. Great stadium and atmosphere. Worth just walking around the whole concourse and taking it all in.

Purple row of seats a couple rows from the top represents one mile above sea level, had to walk up there and check it out. Visitors bullpen has the forest/stream area right behind it instead of a fence, weird but cool. Great mountain views from certain sections.

Definitely recommend
BCSWguru
was there on thursday, highly recommend.
spadilly
S
One of my favorite ballparks.
halfastros81
AG
We went to a game there last summer and I concur with other folks, very nice ballpark and was a good experience. Will do it again.
BCSWguru
They love their baseball there, too. We went to a day game and attendance was 40K. If you are young and/or single, the right field rooftop seats will be to your liking.

Parking was easy. They have a shuttle that drops you off right next to the center field gate.
Big Bucks
AG
Did a Saturday day game several years ago and was great. Loved it. And to quote the late Harry Carey "The field may be Coors but the beer is still Budweiser."
Hamburger Dan
Always worth a trip.
Ag13
AG
Great location downtown. Cool ballpark with good fans.
10andBOUNCE
AG
One option is to consider doing a Coors Stadium tour if you're into that vs the money and time going to a game.
cwpaggie07
AG
The views from the ballpark are fantastic. If single and/or younger, I'd second checking out the rightfield rooftop bar area.
Schall 02
AG
Email me for tips. Address in profile. It's a glorious stadium and neat area.
fire09
AG
Yes. Don't miss a game in mile high city if you get the opportunity.
jetch17
AG
Poop, heading into Denver today for the day with the kids and no Home game and "no tours between June 25-30"

Would have liked to check it out since I'll be hitting some establishments nearby
Schall 02
AG
If you want to see the stadium there may be some concerts there the next few days.
jetch17
AG
Ahhh good I see we missed the cluster of the Eagles/Buffett concert last night
spadilly
S
jetch17 said:

Ahhh good I see we missed the cluster of the Eagles/Buffett concert last night

91AggieLawyer
AG
Went to a game there in early June. Don't much like the downtown location but I seem to be in the vast minority on that. Plus, I was trying to get there on a Friday night for a 6:00 game. Not a good combo.

Parking is high (or it was where we parked) but they have a shuttle which is nice. By far the least I've ever walked for most any event, especially a sporting event.

It seemed to me to be more of a party atmosphere with baseball being secondary for many of those there. Perhaps thats the case everywhere. A LOT of people hanging out in the concorse area which made it hard for us to move around, as we came in the opposite side of the stadium from our seats. But, we had fun!
AggieChemE09
AG
Saw a game last week. Some Notes:

- Beautiful Stadium
- Good Bars nearby
- It was hot as hell. I recommend sitting on the 3rd base side or Left Field to avoid direct sunlight. You wont be able to see the Videoboard sitting in LF though
- Pretty Crazy getting out of there after the game, might wanna take your time and check out a bar nearby
Farmer1906
AG
I'm going this afternoon. Anything specific I should check out at the park or nearby?
Schall 02
AG
Union Station and surrounding area is booming. I'd eat somewhere around there. (Mercantile Provision has ridiculous sandwiches and a great bar.)
Schall 02
AG
How was it ?
Farmer1906
AG
It's a nice park. No complaints. Good bar scene near by. Younger whiter crowd than MMP. Seemed like a lot of people were there to drink and hang out than watch the game. I'd go back.
fire09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's a nice park. No complaints. Good bar scene near by. Younger whiter crowd than MMP. Seemed like a lot of people were there to drink and hang out than watch the game. I'd go back.

The 3rd deck can get rowdy. Glad you enjoyed it, one of my favorite places to watch baseball when the weather is nice.
Satellite of Love
Damn, I was going to suggest to get a beer and just change levels. You can take a beer literally anywhere in the stadium. No stupid bizarre TABC law preventing you from doing that in Coors!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.