Astros Opening Day Lineup quiz since 1991

2,402 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TMACsDaMan
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got 200/258

Missed a 10 year guy

https://m.sporcle.com/games/stustustudio/astros19882009
Farmer1906
AG

I basically knew the big names in the early 90s, but I was a little too young to remember everyone. My worst years were when they weren't on TV and were basically tanking.

03-07 & 15-18 were all perfect.

I missed a really obvious SS, LF, and P on the early 00s and 90s I should have gotten.
tjack16
AG

I was born in 93.... so I only got 2-3 on those teams in the 90s. Got all of the 2014-2018 and most of the ones from 2003-2013

really struggled to name the opening day pitchers though
agproducer
AG

I'm embarrassed. I missed a few key free agents. There were also some players I could picture in my mind, but I just couldn't remember their names.
Harry Dunne
231, better than I thought - I have had season tickets since the 90s but there are some randos I doubt anyone but the most rabid fans would get. Most of my misses were one-year wonders but I did miss some obvious ones including a couple of guys where I could see a face (or a moustache in one case), but not a name & the clock countdown got the best of me.

It helps to know you only need to type last names.

Thanks for posting - that was a fun flashback.
Frok
AG
185/258

I would have done better but I couldn't spell some of the names correctly

Ricky Gutierrez is the one I had on the tip of my tongue but I just could not remember his name

Farmer1906
AG
That's the obvious SS I missed. I tried not to give any names away though.
MtnAg08
AG
255!
Mr.Ackar07
Just 197. Missed a good chunk at the beginning, and another chunk in the sucky years. I remembered around 95% of the playoff teams from the late 90s, 04-05 stretch, and the most recent years.
Deluxe
AG
207. Thanks for posting.

Feel a little embarrassed by some of my omissions... one of whom won an MVP for another team.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

207. Thanks for posting.

Feel a little embarrassed by some of my omissions... one of whom won an MVP for another team.
Alou? Cami? Kent?
Deluxe
AG
Haha it was Kent
W
AG

could not remember the early 90's centerfielder and the third baseman that replaced Caminiti.
ATM9000
AG
218... and the last 2 was memorable. Put in Brett Wallace and remembered oh damn we were so bad that he started at first on opening day twice!
Andyzipp
AG
Missed Pat Listach and Mark McLemore. Really wanted Casey Candaele to show up somewhere...
bullard21k
AG
I don't know how but I literally blacked out on Miguel tejada. I don't know what it is...maybe after the 05 season it was obvious we weren't getting back to the WS anytime soon and were just plugging holes with aging veterans and huge contracts...but those few seasons he was here I just don't have many memories of.

And I guess I didn't recall that marwin had been on the roster since 2012.

That 2013 roster is just insane
bullard21k
AG
Andyzipp said:

Missed Pat Listach and Mark McLemore. Really wanted Casey Candaele to show up somewhere...

Yes I put in candaele and just figured I was spelling it wrong. I also tried to put in conger and Eric bruntlett to no avail. Was surprised Hampton, DK and Lima weren't on there at least one season...but they were each on some good staffs so made sense after looking further
mazag08
AG
I literally forgot the following even existed as human beings..

Kaz Matsui
Pedro Feliz
JR Towles
Tommy Manzella
Angel SancheZ
Bill Hall
Carlos Pena
Ronny Cedeno
Jesus Guzman

2010 - 2014 was so incredibly bad. I almost feel bad knowing this years Rangers team is their "Matsui" team.
BigPuma
AG
246. I missed a few shortstops in the lost years. and Before 1994 i was iffy on some of the lesser known names.
BigPuma
AG
Reynolds was just a rock for us during those years. Just a solid solid pitcher.
TMACsDaMan
The 98 and 99 Astros! Kevin Brown, Jim Leyritz, and Walt Weiss robbed those great teams.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.