Texas High School Baseball playoffs

5,000 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oldphi
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good luck and safe travels to all the teams starting their "Run to Round Rock" next week.

Curious to see when and where everybody is playing.

ABATTBQ87
AG
2018 Baseball Playoff Brackets
96ags
AG
Yeah, some districts still not completely settled yet so they haven't filled it out yet.
HECUBUS
AG
5-5 Churchill CHARGERS WIN 12-6 and sweep Austin Westlake.

This is what happens when football runs the baseball program.
Mookie
AG
Round Rock HS beats Akins despite food poisoning:

I thought it was supposed to be Run to Round Rock, not The Runs in Round Rock!

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/restaurant-tied-to-round-rock-baseball-team-illness-closes-for-deep-cleaning
KT 90
AG
HECUBUS said:

Go on....
6-4-3
AG
Both A&M Consolidated and College Station HS advanced to second round representing District 18-5A. Consol plays Tomball next while CSHS plays Tomball Memorial. Temple and Bryan Rudder have been eliminated, but both had fine seasons.
Gil Renard
AG
HECUBUS said:

Went 2-3 off Houston Street and beat Aus-W. lake and ripped his tits. He of course is a national champ and AL rookie of the year. But always loved Mac beating Aus-W. Lake
Gramercy Riffs
AG

Quote:

Aus-W. lake
I genuinely have no idea so I'll ask - is this some sort of derogatory way to type Austin Westlake, or is it simply a weird shorthand way of saving the time it would have taken to type four more characters?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Your #1 website for Texas High School Baseball

96ags
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Do you have an interest in that website? That is the 2nd time you've posted a link.

I visit it frequently, btw.
ABATTBQ87
AG
96ags said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Do you have an interest in that website? That is the 2nd time you've posted a link.

I visit it frequently, btw.
No; I have an interest in HS baseball as I am a TASO umpire and coach a summer HS team.

Living in the Hill Country I have an interest in San Marcos Academy, Wimberley, Blanco, Johnson City, Fredericksburg, etc and can only get their news from the link above.
AustinCountyAg
Bellville Brahmas play Boerne this weekend. Should be a good matchup
KT 90
AG
If you are looking to Texas high school baseball game results and team info, the site linked up above is definitely the best source. You can also hunt down individual team websites, but some are updated and some aren't. The site above will give you game by game results for each school.
ABATTBQ87
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Boerne Champion has an A&M commit on their team who is just a stud
WES2006AG
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Yep, this site is great for us umpires who want a little background on how teams are doing and what playoff matchups our local teams have.
MAROON
AG
Episcopal beats Kinkaid 6-5 to win SPC for back to back years.

6-4-3
AG
Both A&M Consolidated and College Station HS drop their opening game against the Tomball schools. But I wouldn't count either out. Both have double headers today.

I saw the Consol game and my take-away is that Tomball has a deep and long batting lineup. Power throughout he order.
CAR96
AG
Oak Ridge beats Dallas Jesuit
Montgomery beats Coppell
The Woodlands beats Garland Sachse
College Park beats Richardson Pearce

Regional Quarterfinals For Region 2 will be:

Oak Ridge vs CP
TW vs Montgomery

These four teams are from the same district and all advanced to the third round. The order they are listed , is the way they finished in district.
TexAg91
AG
Both Tomball schools advanced over the CS schools.

THS swept Consol 5-3 and 4-0.

TMHS won game three over CSHS 4-2 to advance.
6-4-3
AG
Yep. I was at the Consol game in Tomball. Our senior pitcher played in his final high school game. But good luck to the Tomball Cougars the rest of the way.
astros4545
AG
Tomball HS 06'

Best team to not win it all

tdm89
Houston area baseball is pretty ridiculous.
6-4-3
AG
True that. Deep. Even though my oldest son (Consol senior) is winding down his baseball days, what I've noticed while watching my 14-year-old son (who plays for a salty little 14u team out of CS) is that the talent pool is growing (not shrinking) and the number of high velocity throwers in Houston is amazing. Then, kids are getting stronger and they are starting to push through and excel in spite of the BBCOR exit speed limitations once they hit 15u. Houston baseball scene is ridiculous. When a team as talented as Ridge Point (Missouri City) gets absolutely crushed by Cy Ranch, you see just how competitive it is.
6-4-3
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Bellville can play, I mean to tell you. We had a poorly timed non-district road game at Knight Field against your Brahmas before our final district game (a home game against Bryan Rudder with playoff implications). Our kids did not take the road trip to the Pasture of Pain seriously and what they found out after one inning of play was that Bellville can play some baseball. We warned them but teenagers can be hard-headed. Your lefty first baseman closed it out on the mound. Good luck to Bellville the rest of the way!!
Ag 11
AG
On to the next round
Gap
AG
Cy Ranch has like 4-5 pitchers committed to Div 1 schools. A few of those guys don't even get to throw much. All that talent will move to Bridgelands HS soon. Watch out for Bridgelands in the years to come.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
CAR96 said:

Oak Ridge beats Dallas Jesuit
Montgomery beats Coppell
The Woodlands beats Garland Sachse
College Park beats Richardson Pearce

Regional Quarterfinals For Region 2 will be:

Oak Ridge vs CP
TW vs Montgomery

These four teams are from the same district and all advanced to the third round. The order they are listed , is the way they finished in district.
The really crazy part is Klein and Klein Collins are also both still in......Those teams will all be in a district together next year (excluding montgomery) talk about an absolute buzz saw of a district. one of 5 teams in the 4th round wont even make the playoffs
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Gap said:

Cy Ranch has like 4-5 pitchers committed to Div 1 schools. A few of those guys don't even get to throw much. All that talent will move to Bridgelands HS soon. Watch out for Bridgelands in the years to come.
I think Ranch will continue to do just fine as well...
WES2006AG
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Gap said:

I think Ranch will continue to do just fine as well...

After Fairfield goes to Bridgeland their ceiling will be about what Woods is now. A decent team but not a powerhouse.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Noticed Kingwood Park is playing Sante Fe; Kingwood won last night and now the next 2 games are showing TBD
JABQ04
AG
Radio said games are postponed indefinitely
ABATTBQ87
ABATTBQ87
AG
Fredericksburg defeated Wimberley 6 to 2 in their one game series
Fredericksburg advances
MAROON
AG
JABQ04 said:

Radio said games are postponed indefinitely

One of Santa Fe's star pitchers was injured, but apparently discharged from hospital and home
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.