Astros Replica Ring

6,609 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr.Bond
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was under the impression that the Astros Replica Ring that has recently been given away and will again in June was made of a plastic or an acrycllic (sp), but they seem to made of a sterling silver....really nice to be a give away.

I had a ticket to the game in June where all fans get the ring (not just first 10,000), but I refreshed my page and the game was sold out.

They are all over ebay, but can't afford those prices right now.
JABQ04
AG
Effing band wagon fans. For a midweek game, even in summer, I bet MMP will be less than half full. Once I saw the promo I tried to buy four to take the family and get the rings and was sold out within 15 mins of me seeing it. Granted I don't know how long before I saw the advertisement for the promo it was actually announced but still pissed me off.
tjack16
AG
for reference, on stubhub the tickets for the night before are $15. Tickets for that night, $150+

same opponent, same time of night. Shows the power of a good giveaway/promotion
Farmer1906
AG
I was surprised how nice the replicas were. A coworker brought one to the office the other day. As soon as I got the email about the promotion I got some tickets. Most of the cheap seats were sold out, but I was able to get 5 together down the 3rd base line. There is huge demand for these rings. They won't go for $300+ on eBay anymore, but its still worth a lot to the fans.
mhayden
If you're just wanting the ring, wait it out until a week after the game and you'll be able to pick one up for $60-$70 on ebay.
Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne
Even Fresno are giving 5000 away at their game next Saturday. Gonna be a lot of cheap ones on eBay next Sunday.
Psych
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Even Fresno are giving 5000 away at their game next Saturday. Gonna be a lot of cheap ones on eBay next Sunday.

That looks nothing like the real ring.
Harry Dunne
It looks more like the real thing than the dude that's gonna be wearing it looks like Justin Verlander.
BowSowy
AG
Weird thread bump
Harry Dunne
The whole replica ring thing is weird.
Psych
AG
BowSowy said:

Weird thread bump

I didn't even realize how long ago this was. Just scrolling through my watchlist
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I thought so too. Then I saw them in person and now I want one.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Harry Dunne said:

I thought so too. Then I saw them in person and now I want one.
Why?!?!

It just seems weird to me, like in the "wearing someone else's letter jacket" kind of way.

I would not wear it because I wouldn't want to have to explain to people that ask that it's just a knockoff and that I don't actually have anything to do with the Astros except being a Superfan.

Maybe I'm in the minority, that's just how I feel.
Farmer1906
AG
It's no different than wearing a World Series cap and shirt. However, I don't really plan on wearing it. More of a display item. Maybe bust it out at a watch party or something.
Harry Dunne
I think it's more like the difference between wearing an authentic Jersey and wearing that jersey with a batting helmet, baseball pants, stirrups and sliding oven mitt.
DVC2010
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I think it's more like the difference between wearing an authentic Jersey and wearing that jersey with a batting helmet, baseball pants, stirrups and sliding oven mitt.

You've seen that guy at the Astros game too?
Mr.Bond
AG
I got one from China for 30 bucks. Very well made actually and absolutely huge. Cool paper. Weight
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

07ag
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I got one from China for 30 bucks. Very well made actually and absolutely huge. Cool paper. Weight
my wife spent a little more on mine and had it personalized with my name. very cool and good quality also

https://globalfanatics.com/collections/ring/products/hou

but if you want to go cheap dhgate has some options

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=astros+ring&catalog=#hpsearch1507
TexAg91
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Link?
Mr.Bond
AG
TexAg91 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Link?

https://homesweethoustonstore.com/products/2017-houston-astros-world-series-championship-ring?variant=7254449619007
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TexAg91
AG
Thanks
Mr.Bond
AG
FYI it takes like 4+ weeks to arrive

Liquid Wrench
Harry Dunne said:

I can't imagine what I would do with one.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I am putting mine in my shadow box frame, along with my ticket to game 5, and my SI covers
Philip J Fry
AG
Harry Dunne said:

People like what they like.
Ag13
AG
Harry Dunne said:

But bobbleheads are totally normal
pasquale
AG
I got 2 tix for sale this Wednesday for the Replica Ring giveaway
Al Bula
AG
Non-Aggies think Aggie rings are weird.

I'm going tomorrow night because I think this ring will make a nice little piece of memorabilia for myself (and hopefully my son) as an Astros fan. Its not like I'll be rocking this ring on my finger ever.

exp
AG
How do they deal with sizes at the giveaway? Does everyone just get the same size?
Al Bula
AG

Al Bula
AG

Al Bula
AG
exp said:

How do they deal with sizes at the giveaway? Does everyone just get the same size?
Not sure what happened above.

Looks one size fits all.
Al Bula
AG
WTF is with all this quoting?
Harry Dunne
RPM said:

Non-Aggies think Aggie rings are weird.

I'm going tomorrow night because I think this ring will make a nice little piece of memorabilia for myself (and hopefully my son) as an Astros fan. Its not like I'll be rocking this ring on my finger ever.

Do they? The academies and many other colleges have class rings. Of all of our traditions, the ring is one of the least weird.

With the Astros ring, is this much different than owning or wearing a replica Aggie ring if you are a non-Aggie but a big fan?

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.