Safeco Field Seattle for Astros

1,588 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AGAZ03
jdubd34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anybody have any recommendations for visiting Safeco Field in Seattle? (Anything in particular to check out at the ball park or stop at before the game?)

I'll be in town this week for work, and I think I can make the Wednesday night game to see the Astros.
Kashchei
AG
It's a gorgeous stadium. For a real authentic experience get the seasoned grasshoppers and a tallboy of Ranier.
JABQ04
AG
Been awhile since I've been there but beautiful stadium. Weather may not be the best in late April. it could be drizzling and cool/cold so plan accordingly. Summer is ideal to catch a game there. Its absolutely gorgeous then, nice cool evenings and rarely any rain in the summer

Before the game hit up Pikes Place Market and watch them throwing the fish. Eat at a restaurant on the water, visit the original Starbucks if you like coffee. Also see the Space Needle. If you really have time get over to Mount Ranier or take a whale watching tour in Puget Sound. My family and I enjoyed living in the PNW for the 4 1/2 years we spent there. Would like to go back and visit again when I get the chance
college of AG
AG
Great stadium. Pretty laid back staff for giveaways and tickets.

Plan on it being cool / cold. We had a great time.
college of AG
AG
We parked by Market and walked down to game. Very easy and get to experience a big of the area. Felt safe.
Harry Dunne
college of AG said:

We parked by Market and walked down to game. Very easy and get to experience a big of the area. Felt safe.

We did the same and I agree with the above.
wbt5845
AG
Lived there for two years. The best thing to eat is Ivar's clam chowder in a bread bowl. I'm telling you it's awesome.

And while the stadium has a roof, it is not climate controlled and they only close the roof for rain - so it can be cold.

Wicked Good Ag
Safeco is on my to do list when I go to Pacific Northwest. Have to watch schedules along with a few MLS games up there
Cheo
Weed is legal as well, so grab a brownie or two at the local shop. What a fantastic experience at the park
Jadedhamster
AG
Elliott's oyster house on the water is fantastic. Try a Dungeness crab sandwich in the outfield and a cup of Ivar's clam chowder on the first base side
AGAZ03
AG
Pyramid brewery is across the street.

I'm more of a Pike Brewery guy but the food is great.

After you wade through the smelly homeless people and make it inside, you will find quite possibly the best beer selection of any MLB park.

I had a great time.

The third base side concessions also has the most scenic views of the water.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.