recommendations for Petco

1,083 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will be at a Padres game next Thursday and looking for recs on seating, foods, etc. thanks in advance.
AggieEP
I went a few years ago, sat behind home plate a little on the first base side in the second deck and I thought it was a great location, but honestly the whole park was pretty cool so I don't think you can go wrong on seat location.

One thing to be aware of, the parking situation outside the stadium was a bit sketchy in my opinion. We ended up paying $15.00 to park in this barbed wire "lot" about a block or two from the park. But most of the parking in downtown looked similar, either park at your own risk or pay to park in a sketchy lot protected by barbed wire.

Basically, I'd scout parking before hand because it's not intuitive where you should safely park your car.
BCSWguru
noted.

ever parked a car at Anaheim Stadium?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Don't eat before the game. Petco has the best concessions of any stadium I've ever been to.

Be sure to walk around the entire stadium to check out all the cool features. The Tony Gwynn statue beyond the outfield seats is an obvious one, but they also have a wall dedicated to all the Hall of Famers around the corner in the LF area of the park. If you've got little ones, there's a wiffle ball stadium with tons of kids playing ball (inside the stadium).

We parked in Tailgate Park, which was really easy in and out from Imperial Avenue. It was about $20 prepaid online.

We sat in section FV101 for $96 each, purchased through the Padres website. The view was great and the fans in that area were mostly season ticket holders and were really cool to talk to. The picture below was taken from two rows behind our seats. You'll be free to walk around and sit in lots of different areas though. They don't draw very well. The guy next to us said that it was the biggest crowd he could remember in years, and that was just because they were giving away free hoodies to everyone in the stadium.

The Padres are terrible, but it was a really fun visit to a cool stadium. We were there in late April and the weather was fantastic. I think you'll have a good time there.

Gramercy Riffs
AG

Quote:

One thing to be aware of, the parking situation outside the stadium was a bit sketchy in my opinion. We ended up paying $15.00 to park in this barbed wire "lot" about a block or two from the park. But most of the parking in downtown looked similar, either park at your own risk or pay to park in a sketchy lot protected by barbed wire.
Agreed - it's a bad area. Absolutely worth it to pay the extra 5-10 bucks to park close. And even then, there are some interesting people along the sidewalk.
The Milkman
AG
In California I have trouble telling the difference between homeless and regular cali bums
aTm2004
AG
Take a jacket. I learned the hard way that when the sun goes down, that wind kicking off the water is a bit chilly.
Bunk Moreland
Gramercy said it. Great park. Walk the entire thing and go eat in the park. Tons of good food options
Great experience.

Was able to get tickets 3 rows up just past the 1st base dugout for about $100.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.