Best hotel/resort to stay at for Rangers games

1,394 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by byfLuger41
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife and I are possibly going up to Dallas to watch the Astros beat the Rangers in June. We will also be celebrating our Anniversary so I am looking for a nice hotel to stay at for the weekend. I know nothing about the metroplex so looking online it is very overwhelming.

I would like to keep it under $300 a night. Anything with a great pool, and even a golf course there, or nearby would be a big plus+.....Thanks
Farmer1906
AG
The Ritz is always nice. But its nowhere near the park and more than your budget so I'm not very much help.
Charlie Conway
Farmer1906 said:

The Ritz is always nice. But its nowhere near the park and more than your budget so I'm not very much help.
Mozart Paintings
AG
There is nothing right by the stadium worth a damn....

The Gaylord Texan is near the airport..... maybe try that. Great pool(s), spa, golf near by. Its a very nice place. Owned by Marriott if you happen to have Marriott or Starwood points.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I highly recommend the Bella Vista Inn in Grand Prairie. It's like the Ritz, but at $49/night, much cheaper. Then for golf, try Lake Arlington. It's basically a poor man's Augusta National. A real gem.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On a more serious note, the Gaylord recommendation is solid. For golf, nearby you could play Cowboys Golf Club if you're willing to splurge, or Grapevine Muni for quality on a budget.

Or you could stay in downtown FW and stay at someplace like the Omni, and play Waterchase.
Carlo4
AG
If you want to shop around and spend via coupons/online deals, you can stay at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas.

Rooms are $450 a night, but I had a chance to stay there when they had a 50% off coupon for two nights, so that would fit the budget. You never know. Plus it's the home of the old Byron Nelson.

And LOL at the Astros beating the R... ehh who am I kidding!

Carlo4
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

On a more serious note, the Gaylord recommendation is solid. For golf, nearby you could play Cowboys Golf Club if you're willing to splurge, or Grapevine Muni for quality on a budget.

Or you could stay in downtown FW and stay at someplace like the Omni, and play Waterchase.
Played all three courses and stayed at both places. Very solid recommendations. FW is about 20-30 min from Arlington via car. Grapevine is about 15-20 min.

byfLuger41
AG
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dallas Arlington North
1975 E Lamar Blvd, Arlington, TX 76006
(817) 860-2737

Stayed here for the Astros games last weekend. Made tailgating in lot N super easy and close to plenty of places for post game R&R.

We had a decent rate of $125 per night out the door.

HTH
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Mozart Paintings
AG
Nothing says happy anniversary like a Springhill Suites.

Free breakfast!!
byfLuger41
AG
I drove bus said:

Nothing says happy anniversary like a Springhill Suites.

Free breakfast!!
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.