2018 AL East

1,898 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by W
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd be surprised if anyone's still around, but I'll start the thread anyway.

The Yankees have Judge and Stanton.
The Red Sox have reloaded.
The Blue Jays and Orioles have cornerstone players, but need other people to step up, lest those franchise guys pack their bags in July.
The Rays are just happy the Marlins gave away all their players, so they don't look bad in comparison (not that anyone would notice).
Gil Renard
AG
Well. BoSox fans will love mr regular season price but will hate the real price in post season. Yankees have suspect starting rotation but everything else is solid. Jays have solarte and Diaz. An upgrade over Tulo. Will be the wildcard/AL contender if starting pitching is healthy. Tulo, travis and Donaldson are written off due to (). However there's pieces there.

Orioles have the biggest fake tough guy in showalter. Yes injuries but they are who we thought they were. Rays finally back where they belong.

BoSox/NYY and wild card jays likely
ClassOf17
Toronto looking really good early. Boston just can't be stopped. Yanks look silly paying Stanton like they did. O's And Rays are non factors.
Sapper Redux
I'm honestly shocked at the offense the Red Sox have put together so far. 0 grand slams last season and they have 3 so far this season. Hope they can keep it up.
AustinCountyAg
anyone but the Yankees and I am good....I'd love to see Stanton completely **** the bed and make them look like fools for paying up that much.

I hope Judge has a crappy year as well.
ClassOf17
Dr. Watson said:

I'm honestly shocked at the offense the Red Sox have put together so far. 0 grand slams last season and they have 3 so far this season. Hope they can keep it up.

5 now..
ClassOf17
And then the Sox get no hit... wow baseball is crazy
Gil Renard
AG
The SEC West of mlb. Still tough especially if Baltimore gets healthy. God the yanks and Sox are good-very surprised on how the jays are Playing.
W
AG
the Yankees (26-10) are on quite a run...to say the least.

and that won't change in the next 2 weeks with the A's, Rangers, and Royals on the schedule
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Wake me up after the All-Star break.
W
AG
<nudge>

it's after the all-star break.

the Red Sox got hot in July while the Yankees struggled...and the BoSox surged to a 4 1/2 game lead.

the Red Sox appear to have the tougher second half schedule with 4 series vs. the Indians, Astros, and Braves. NYY is finished with all three.

big 4-game set coming up at Fenway the first weekend of August

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.