strange feeling (astros fans)

1,458 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag13
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the Astros winning the world series last season and in as good of position as any in the majors to win it again, along with the Rockets dominating the NBA, a strange feeling has come over me. I'm expecting Astros and Rockets to win every game, but if they don't I'm not angry. I just think, "Well, we have to lose some games." As an Aggie fan, I always hope/expect to win every game, and when they don't I'm furious and question why I'm a sports fan in the first place. That's not happening right now. It's a strange feeling of content. It's almost boring. Boring is good.
NotGibbs
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
YEP... So glad I read this thread. Truly made my night
TayTrox
AG
I think when you win it all it's just a huge relief and losses just don't seem as bad. It's like, "oh well, world champs, baby!" It will wear off eventually but for now just enjoy the ride!
astros4545
AG
Agree to an extent with OP

I think it's rooted in the fact that we are gonna coast through the regular season and win the division by 20 games
AustinCountyAg
Don't start counting chickens yet. Baseball is a crazy game
Ag13
AG
Yes, but, the AL West is still a bad division and the Astros are still World Series caliber.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.